Holmes 63 St. Henry 45

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basketball 10....Miller is a better rebounder and defender and the rest goes to Pittman. I have seen both at least 10 times and Miller's shot from over 10 feet is not in Pittman's class. Pittman is also far more agressive. He does not coast for most of the game and then make a late surge the way Miller did. I expect Pittman to pass Miller in all phases of the game after a summer of AAU against top level competition. I sincerley hope he hooks up with a top level AAU team rather than a bunch of locals.

Wish Gillespie had been watching Pittman instead of Euton. It seems he missed the guy with the obvious SEC talent.

This is one of the problems with signing all these kids early. He probably wishes now he waited on some of these early offers. Euton is a OK player, but Pittman right now has moved way past him and plays in another stratsosphere (sp). He is nasty (in the good sense) and no one in KY can guard him individually. Saw him twice at the BS tourney and he can shoot outside beyond three or get a rebound and cram in back in. He probably can tip out about 12 feet on those tip out machines. If he gets close to the rim he will dunk on you at 5"10" or 6'10" (doesn't matter). He is the best player in the class of 2010 and I have seen all the top 10 players or so.

Haven't seen Pittman since the state tourney last season. With his size, skills, and athletic ability, early college offers I'm sure are in the near future. Sounds like he is without question the #1 2010 prospect in KY.

From speaking to several scouts I know in the area, Pittman is probably the biggest UNDECIDED prospect in KY right now. Several schools are very close to offering, depending on how well he does over the next several weeks. Expect to see him pick up a few offers before the state tourney begins. Jan. 24th could be the first NIGHT that we see an offer come....:sssh:

Basketball 10....Miller is a better rebounder and defender and the rest goes to Pittman. I have seen both at least 10 times and Miller's shot from over 10 feet is not in Pittman's class. Pittman is also far more agressive. He does not coast for most of the game and then make a late surge the way Miller did. I expect Pittman to pass Miller in all phases of the game after a summer of AAU against top level competition. I sincerley hope he hooks up with a top level AAU team rather than a bunch of locals.

He'll likely be playing with either the KY Players or Queen City Prophets. From what I HEAR, the KY Players will consist of the following this summer:

R. Johnson, J. Johnson, Pittman, Arnold (Holmes), Guyn (SC), Cosby (J'town), Rogers (possibility from GRC), Barner (Mason Co), and will be rounded out with a few of the top players from Cincinnati.

Pittman definately a d-1 major.

Can anyone up here in the 9th or 10th contend with Holmes?

Holmes only beat Conner by 7, so I'd say yes. Holmes will have a few close games and won't blow everyone out, but I really don't see them losing any 9th region games as long as Pittman keeps playing the way he is.

10th region is debatable. I personally think GRC or Mason Co would give them a good game and possibly beat them but others from those programs that I talk to seem to disagree with me. :lol:

You all say that Pittman's perimeter defense is better than Miller's? I have been to a couple of Holmes games this year and last year and have yet to this day see Pittman defend a shooting guard or point guard. Last year Miller would often times defend the other teams shooting guard or point guard just because it was the best player on the other teams team.

Pittman shooting off the dribble is no where close to Miller right now. For Mason Co. last year, against strong presses Miller would play point guard to break it. Maybe you all think Pittman is better since Miller has been struggling of late. How people have such short memories...

Miller brought the ball up because MC had nobody else who could handle the pressure. Quite honestly they were a one man show last year and he did it all. Holmes has 4 capable players of breaking a press with the Johnson Brothers, Pittman, and Riley.

As far as the bolded; See the video below. Also remember this is him as a SOPHOMORE, not senior: (Pittman #24)

http://wlwt.highschoolplaybook.com/media/SearchMedia.do

Edited by Eta Rho

You all say that Pittman's perimeter defense is better than Miller's? I have been to a couple of Holmes games this year and last year and have yet to this day see Pittman defend a shooting guard or point guard. Last year Miller would often times defend the other teams shooting guard or point guard just because it was the best player on the other teams team.

Again, MC was a one man show last year which is why Miller HAD TO do it all. Why would Holmes put Pittman on a shooting guard or point guard when they have the Johnson Brothers, Riley, and Housely? :confused:

BTW, didn't Henderson have 18 with Miller guarding him last year?? :sssh:;)

Box Score:

Holmes (12-1) - Pittman 8 8 26, Riley 5 0 13, R. Johnson 3 2 9, Housely 4 0 8, D. Johnson 2 0 4, Arnold 0 3 3. Totals: 22 12 63.

St. Henry (5-7) - Anderson 2 1 5, Volz 1 0 2, Swikert 1 1 4, Speed 4 2 13, Bessler 6 0 12, Zumdick 4 0 9. Totals: 18 4 45.

Holmes 24 8 20 15- 63

St Henry 8 14 11 12- 45

3-pointers: HO 6 (Riley 3, Pittman 2, R. Johnson); SH 5 (Swikert, Speed 3, Zumdick).