Holmes 63 St. Henry 45

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever heard of Russ Middleton? He is very capable of handling pressure and Mason Co. was no where close to a one man show last year. Trevor Setty, Ethan King, and Keith Downing were also on that team along with Middleton. If Pittman can do so many things why does Holmes struggle so much against other teams press? Why isn't he handling the ball breaking it because from the looks of it the Johnson brothers or Riley aren't getting it done? Yes they have been still winning but you know you are worried about how much they have been bothered by other teams pressure. As of right now Pittman is a 4 in college because his ball handling skills aren't on par to be a 3 in college. In high level college basketball you don't see many 6'7'' power fowards so therefore Pittman either needs to develop better ball handling skills or grow some. I will admit he does have potential but you should know better than to put him in Miller's category, that just isn't being fair to him. Almost every time he shoots a 3 it is spotting up and he has a slow release. I'm not going to sit here and degrade him though, he is a very good player, but just let him play and dont put comparisons like that on him.

From speaking to several scouts I know in the area, Pittman is probably the biggest UNDECIDED prospect in KY right now. Several schools are very close to offering, depending on how well he does over the next several weeks. Expect to see him pick up a few offers before the state tourney begins. Jan. 24th could be the first NIGHT that we see an offer come....:sssh:

He'll likely be playing with either the KY Players or Queen City Prophets. From what I HEAR, the KY Players will consist of the following this summer:

R. Johnson, J. Johnson, Pittman, Arnold (Holmes), Guyn (SC), Cosby (J'town), Rogers (possibility from GRC), Barner (Mason Co), and will be rounded out with a few of the top players from Cincinnati.

I'll ask the questions that aren't being asked. How are his grades? How will he test? Will he qualify?

I'll ask the questions that aren't being asked. How are his grades? How will he test? Will he qualify?

Honestly that's not something that should really be discussed on here and I know for a FACT that is something Coach Henley wouldn't discuss or reveal regarding ANY of his players, so neither will I. His grades are obviously good enough to be playing though so I think we should leave it at that.

Have you ever heard of Russ Middleton? He is very capable of handling pressure and Mason Co. was no where close to a one man show last year. Trevor Setty, Ethan King, and Keith Downing were also on that team along with Middleton. If Pittman can do so many things why does Holmes struggle so much against other teams press? Why isn't he handling the ball breaking it because from the looks of it the Johnson brothers or Riley aren't getting it done? Yes they have been still winning but you know you are worried about how much they have been bothered by other teams pressure. As of right now Pittman is a 4 in college because his ball handling skills aren't on par to be a 3 in college. In high level college basketball you don't see many 6'7'' power fowards so therefore Pittman either needs to develop better ball handling skills or grow some. I will admit he does have potential but you should know better than to put him in Miller's category, that just isn't being fair to him. Almost every time he shoots a 3 it is spotting up and he has a slow release. I'm not going to sit here and degrade him though, he is a very good player, but just let him play and dont put comparisons like that on him.

Anyone who saw MC last year, knows they won the majority of their games because of Miller. It'd be foolish to think otherwise. The players mentioned did so well because of teams doubling him whenever he got the ball.

And actually Holmes has struggled most against the press when Riley or D. Johnson has tried handling the ball. Again, I ask how many times you've seen Holmes this year because from the sounds of it, seems like not many. I can assure you I'm not worried about teams pressing. Early in the season, yes it was a problem for Holmes, but not recently. Lately it has led to many break away dunks for them, hence them getting atleast 5 dunks a game the past 8 or so games.

We can debate all day regarding Pittman's strengths and weaknesses but in reality he will end up a much better player than Miller was and is already on par with him. If people are already comparing him to Miller and the kid's only a junior and playing in his first full season of varsity action, what is he going to be like next year? Anyone who has seen him more than a casual fan can tell you his ball handling skills are much better than you're giving him credit for and there's evidence in the video. Also the majority of his points in last year's state tournament were jumpers and 3 pointers, so I don't see how anyone can question his mid range and outside game. He is much better in that category compared to Miller. He's scored a lot inside this year because the kid is 6'7 with a 7 foot wingspan, so why go outside? As far as him being a 4 in college, I'd say he'll likely be a 3 or 4 depending on the system. He is 6'7 but no where near done growing. He's 16 and his dad is 6'8. I'd say he has another inch or two in him.

Anyone who saw MC last year, knows they won the majority of their games because of Miller. It'd be foolish to think otherwise. The players mentioned did so well because of teams doubling him whenever he got the ball.

And actually Holmes has struggled most against the press when Riley or D. Johnson has tried handling the ball. Again, I ask how many times you've seen Holmes this year because from the sounds of it, seems like not many. I can assure you I'm not worried about teams pressing. Early in the season, yes it was a problem for Holmes, but not recently. Lately it has led to many break away dunks for them, hence them getting atleast 5 dunks a game the past 8 or so games.

We can debate all day regarding Pittman's strengths and weaknesses but in reality he will end up a much better player than Miller was and is already on par with him. If people are already comparing him to Miller and the kid's only a junior and playing in his first full season of varsity action, what is he going to be like next year? Anyone who has seen him more than a casual fan can tell you his ball handling skills are much better than you're giving him credit for and there's evidence in the video. Also the majority of his points in last year's state tournament were jumpers and 3 pointers, so I don't see how anyone can question his mid range and outside game. He is much better in that category compared to Miller. He's scored a lot inside this year because the kid is 6'7 with a 7 foot wingspan, so why go outside? As far as him being a 4 in college, I'd say he'll likely be a 3 or 4 depending on the system. He is 6'7 but no where near done growing. He's 16 and his dad is 6'8. I'd say he has another inch or two in him.

Yes Miller is the reason they won the majority of the games but it was not a 1 man show. Pittman does have the ability to be better than Miller if he keeps growing and progressing like he should. I am just saying right now he you can't say he is as good as Miller until he does the things Miller has done. When Miller was a sophmore he led his team to the state tournament, notice I said led, Pittman was the 6th man on last years team. So by saying Pittman is only a junior isn't helping the argument because Miller was dominating as a junior too. I don't see many people saying Pittman is better, just the Holmes homers but you all have the right to your own opinion. I am a big Pittman fan, I love the attitude he plays with on the floor but just don't think he is on Millers level yet. He will be a high D1 because your right he probably will grow and his wingspan is crazy. All that stuff is in the future though and we are talking about right now so I will stand by my statement, Pittman is not on Millers level yet.

Right now I would say Miller is more advanced because he is more mature physically, but if your talking about ball skills[guard skills] , shooting off the dribble, mid range pull up, passing, and getting to the basket off the dribble it's not even close. Pittman is far more advanced, he is not a 6'7 guy trying to play guard, he is a guard that just happened to grow to 6'7. His guard skills are natural, as seen in the video when he was 6'4. The young man is a load on offense. As for the AAU thing Lebron James sponsors the Queen City Prophets so playing with the locals don't seem to bad, and the KY Players travel all over the country.

His upside is unlimited. At 6'7 he has an all around game. He can shoot the 3, go off the dribble, get put backs, and clean up on the defensive end. And to think he is only a dozen games into his frist year as a starter.[iMHO] by the time March rolls around it won't be an answer in the whole state of Kentucky for him. I think him and Johnson will finish #1 and #2 in there class. As good as this Holmes team is now, next year they will be even better.

I agree that some individuals will get better and they will be exciting to watch for sure. However, great Teams need a solid floor General, who might fill that role next year?

Honestly that's not something that should really be discussed on here and I know for a FACT that is something Coach Henley wouldn't discuss or reveal regarding ANY of his players, so neither will I. His grades are obviously good enough to be playing though so I think we should leave it at that.

So you don't want to talk about it got it. I've heard that part of the reason he's not getting big offers is b/c he may not qualify. On this site people talk all the time about high school kids qualifying for colleges. So this response makes me think what I've heard is true. I hope I'm wrong though b/c he is a special player.

[/b][/b]

I agree that some individuals will get better and they will be exciting to watch for sure. However, great Teams need a solid floor General, who might fill that role next year?

Ricardo will likely be the "floor general" next year. He plays the point almost always when Riley is out.

So you don't want to talk about it got it. I've heard that part of the reason he's not getting big offers is b/c he may not qualify. On this site people talk all the time about high school kids qualifying for colleges. So this response makes me think what I've heard is true. I hope I'm wrong though b/c he is a special player.

It's not that I don't want to talk about it, I just rather not disclose any personal information like that on here. I CAN tell you though that his grades are fine. Tests are the only problem right now. It's still early. He's only a junior.

Ricardo will likely be the "floor general" next year. He plays the point almost always when Riley is out.

They also have some underclassmen that can play the #1. A name to watch is Collins, also Arnolds two younger brothers play freshman both can handle the ball very well.

It's not that I don't want to talk about it, I just rather not disclose any personal information like that on here. I CAN tell you though that his grades are fine. Tests are the only problem right now. It's still early. He's only a junior.

I know what grade he's in. I've been told he's likelu juco. I believe the person that told me that. I'm specualting that he might not be getting big offers b/c of it. He's far and away the biggest prospect in the state, yet he has no offers.

When Miller was a sophmore he led his team to the state tournament, notice I said led, Pittman was the 6th man on last years team. So by saying Pittman is only a junior isn't helping the argument because Miller was dominating as a junior too. I don't see many people saying Pittman is better, just the Holmes homers but you all have the right to your own opinion. I am a big Pittman fan, I love the attitude he plays with on the floor but just don't think he is on Millers level yet. He will be a high D1 because your right he probably will grow and his wingspan is crazy. All that stuff is in the future though and we are talking about right now so I will stand by my statement, Pittman is not on Millers level yet.

When Pittman was a sophomore he led his team to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. 6th man or not, he was the second most productive player in the tournament as a soph. What did Miller do his soph year? I really don't know or remember which is why I'm asking. I can guarantee you though in two years you can ask people the same question regarding Pittman and they can tell you...Holmes homer or not. ;)

Miller may have dominated as a junior, but didn't lead his team to the state tournament, which Pittman likely will do. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Darius fan and you can even check the thread of the state championship game and you'll see that...but I just really think AT THIS POINT Pittman is better than Miller was when he was a junior. All of it will become moot though if Pittman doesn't end up with a ring like Darius did his senior year. That's the only thing separating the two right now IMO.