Holmes 63 St. Henry 45

Nice win for Holmes but the players have to learn to keep their emotions in check. This makes the second game in a row that a player has received a technical foul.

From talking to a close source at the game, Pittman dominated and scored at will. There shouldn't be any team in nky that can stop him. Tonight was the 4th time in the last 8 games that he's score 25 or more and the 6th game out of the last 8 that he has scored atleast 20. He is only going to get better as the season goes on.

Honestly, I think we might be witnessing a future Mr. Basketball and IMO he's the best player in the state right now, regardless of class. He looks very similar to Darius Miller of last year, but with Scotty Hopson's athletic ability.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for Holmes but the players have to learn to keep their emotions in check. This makes the second game in a row that a player has received a technical foul.

From talking to a close source at the game, Pittman dominated and scored at will. There shouldn't be any team in nky that can stop him. Tonight was the 4th time in the last 8 games that he's score 25 or more and the 6th game out of the last 8 that he has scored atleast 20. He is only going to get better as the season goes on.

Honestly, I think we might be witnessing a future Mr. Basketball and IMO he's the best player in the state right now, regardless of class. He looks very similar to Darius Miller of last year, but with Scotty Hopson's athletic ability.

I think he's better on D than either of those you mentioned.

His upside is unlimited. At 6'7 he has an all around game. He can shoot the 3, go off the dribble, get put backs, and clean up on the defensive end. And to think he is only a dozen games into his frist year as a starter.[iMHO] by the time March rolls around it won't be an answer in the whole state of Kentucky for him. I think him and Johnson will finish #1 and #2 in there class. As good as this Holmes team is now, next year they will be even better.

I think he's better on D than either of those you mentioned.

I agree. Pittman has been very focused this year on the defensive end which is why you've seen his game elevate so much.

His upside is unlimited. At 6'7 he has an all around game. He can shoot the 3, go off the dribble, get put backs, and clean up on the defensive end. And to think he is only a dozen games into his frist year as a starter.[iMHO] by the time March rolls around it won't be an answer in the whole state of Kentucky for him. I think him and Johnson will finish #1 and #2 in there class. As good as this Holmes team is now, next year they will be even better.

If he can stay out of foul trouble, which he's been able to do lately, there isn't a player in the state that should be able to stop him. I think when he had the huge game against Euton and Phares he finally started to realize his potential. The talent has always been there, but he is now finally starting to realize how good he can really be with hard work. You'll never see him take a play off and ANYTHING that comes in the lane and goes up is contested. Offensively he's so tough to defend because out top he can drop a three or take you off the dribble and throw it down; inside he is so tall and long he's either going to dunk on you or use his long wingspan to get above you for a easy lay up.

When you hear Coach H talk about Pittman the way he does, it really shows just how good he is because Dave tries to be very humble about the talent he has.

This is disappointing to hear as these kids need to show some respect for the game and the officials. I hope they arent reading BGP too much or the papers. Henley needs to be the enforcer here and start stomping out that type of behavior it will hurt them in close games.

This is disappointing to hear as these kids need to show some respect for the game and the officials. I hope they arent reading BGP too much or the papers. Henley needs to be the enforcer here and start stomping out that type of behavior it will hurt them in close games.

Arnold and D. Johnson are the only ones who have received a T this year and it's been in back to back games. I agree and I'm sure Dave will get it taken care of. Dom will likely be running "steps" who whole practice Monday.

Not sure what D. Johnson did tonight though. Can anyone explain who was there?

It seems like he is taking on more of an leadership role. He seems to be more verbal than the others. The kid has a serious swagger about his self that I love. It's almost like he's cocky but not too cocky.

Pittman definetly plays with a swagger. I really like the way he plays the game. He'll dunk on you and stare you down, but then when you score on him, give you a pat on the rear. :lol:

I went to the game tonight and was very impressed with Pittman. I think he has the most talent by far on the Holmes team..The kid can jump out of the gym and has a nice stroke from the outside. Why Holmes doesn't post him up at all is beyond me.

Arnold and D. Johnson are the only ones who have received a T this year and it's been in back to back games. I agree and I'm sure Dave will get it taken care of. Dom will likely be running "steps" who whole practice Monday.

Not sure what D. Johnson did tonight though. Can anyone explain who was there?

I know he was running his mouth to the kid that was standing next to him during a free throw situation.. I'm guessing the ref heard what he said???

I went to the game tonight and was very impressed with Pittman. I think he has the most talent by far on the Holmes team..The kid can jump out of the gym and has a nice stroke from the outside. Why Holmes doesn't post him up at all is beyond me.

Holmes could post Pittman but he is more of a wing player.

I chose to head to Maysville for some basketball games tonight instead of saving gas money (even though it is much better these days!:laugh:) and watching this game. I have seen Pittman a few times and I have been VERY impressed with him! He is a treat to watch play.