Perfect Performances

KyTiger89

I was reading an article by Bill Simmons and he was talking about roles in movies that could have only been pulled off by the actor/actress who played the role.

For example, IMO, no one other than Morgan Freeman could have played Red in Shawshank.

No one other than Heath Ledger could have played the Joker like that in the Dark Knight.

No one other than Robert Redford could have played Roy Hobbs in The Natural.

What are some perfect performances that you consider?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading an article by Bill Simmons and he was talking about roles in movies that could have only been pulled off by the actor/actress who played the role.

For example, IMO, no one other than Morgan Freeman could have played Red in Shawshank.

No one other than Heath Ledger could have played the Joker like that in the Dark Knight.

No one other than Robert Redford could have played Roy Hobbs in The Natural.

What are some perfect performances that you consider?

Absolutely.

Liam Neeson in "Schindler's List".

Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life."

Jack Nicholson in "The Shining."

Absolutely.

Liam Neeson in "Schindler's List".

Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life."

Jack Nicholson in "The Shining."

I 100% agree with these.

Slience of The Lambs...the whole cast.

The Godfather....The whole cast

I think others may have been able to pull off roles in The Godfather.

Sylvester Stallone - Rocky Balboa, heck for that matter the whole cast pretty much from the first two.

Talia Shire and Carl Weathers were the only ones who could have pulled off the Adrianne and Apollo roles? They both did a great job, just not certain there was something so unique about their performances that couldn't have been duplicated by other actors.

Actually, Talia Shire began to grate on me as the series rolled on. Kind of glad they killed her off in the most recent movie, to be honest. :D

Talia Shire and Carl Weathers were the only ones who could have pulled off the Adrianne and Apollo roles? They both did a great job, just not certain there was something so unique about their performances that couldn't have been duplicated by other actors.

Actually, Talia Shire began to grate on me as the series rolled on. Kind of glad they killed her off in the most recent movie, to be honest. :D

Please, tell me another actor besides Carl Weathers who could have pulled off Apollo Creed. Denzel Washington? I don't think so. And I can see Carrie Fishcer right now bringing the Oscar home as Adrian, Rocky's cute wife. I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Humphrey Bogart (Rick in Casablanca)

Eddie Murphy (Beverly Hills Cop)

Steve Martin (The Jerk)

Val Kilmer (Tombstone)

Steve Martin (most movies he has been in)

The entire cast of 'This is Spinal Tap'

Tom Hanks (Forest Gump)

Morgan Freeman (every role he has ever had)

Michael Clark Duncan (The Green Mile)

Clint Eastwood (all Dirty Harry movies & Pale Rider)

Russell Crowe (Gladiator)