Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Freshman in NKY

Featured Replies

lol, okay, I don't remember him. But I know you know your Ryle stuff so I'll take your word on it. So Clarkson it is!

 

Can't think of his first name right now though! Nice player that will help anchor the JV team this year. Nothing against Elliott, he's a solid player (but I don't think he'll match Cody's baseball talents).

  • Replies 107
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of his first name right now though! Nice player that will help anchor the JV team this year. Nothing against Elliott, he's a solid player (but I don't think he'll match Cody's baseball talents).

 

It will be interesting to see how Travis develops, because from what I could tell I think he might be an overall better athlete than his brother. [which is a compliment to both because we both know how great Cody is]. So we'll see.

 

Baseball season should be fun. Excited to see this Clarkson player lol.

It will be interesting to see how Travis develops, because from what I could tell I think he might be an overall better athlete than his brother. [which is a compliment to both because we both know how great Cody is]. So we'll see.

 

Baseball season should be fun. Excited to see this Clarkson player lol.

 

Not unless Ryle finds some pitching. (At least from a Ryle perspective). ;)

Not unless Ryle finds some pitching. (At least from a Ryle perspective). ;)

 

Haha, well..I get the best of both worlds [you know where I'm coming from] so it will def. be fun for me! But yes Ryle needs to find some pitching depth beyond Etsch. =/

Clarksons first name is Leiff (SP?). I've seen him play over the years and is very solid all the way around. He made the KY Colonels U16 team as well.

Who are the best freshman in the NKY region.

 

Well I heard that Dayton has two really good freshman and there names are Ben Murnahan and Timmy Smith. Ben played varsity last year and started.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

No, not Freidel (currently a sophomore). Clarkson.

 

I don't remember Clarkson playing JV. Freidel was the the JV SS. I saw Ryle Frosh and JV play a few times last year, and each game Clarkson was at SS and Freidel playing SS on JV. Clarkson is a solid player, but struggles at the plate. Difference between he and Elliott offensively is power. I beleive Elliott can hit HS pitching better at this stage. There were many solid 8th graders on the Ryle Frosh last year. I'd say the younger Freidel brother is right there with both of the above kids as well (I know the older Freidel player is on the Colonels, but didn't the younger brother make the team as well?).

I don't remember Clarkson playing JV. Freidel was the the JV SS. I saw Ryle Frosh and JV play a few times last year, and each game Clarkson was at SS and Freidel playing SS on JV. Clarkson is a solid player, but struggles at the plate. Difference between he and Elliott offensively is power. I beleive Elliott can hit HS pitching better at this stage. There were many solid 8th graders on the Ryle Frosh last year. I'd say the younger Freidel brother is right there with both of the above kids as well (I know the older Freidel player is on the Colonels, but didn't the younger brother make the team as well?).

 

Wrong. Freidel was moved up to varsity about 10 games into the season and played SS fulltime from there on. Clarkson was moved up from freshman to JV when Freidel moved up (think he was actually showing up for some JV games already at that point when those games did not conflict with freshman games, but wasn't seeing any playing time) and started fulltime on JV from there on. Nice fielder who hit okay. The younger Fredel is no where close to Clarkson or Elliott and he did not make the Colonels. I think your assessment of Elliott is a bit high at this point.

I've heard alot about the Brewer kid from Newport. I haven't seen him play yet, so anyone have any info on this kid.

 

The McGovney (8th grader) kid at CC has been tough. I believe he has led the team in scoring in all but 1 game so far this year and he's a beast on the boards!

I've heard alot about the Brewer kid from Newport. I haven't seen him play yet, so anyone have any info on this kid.

 

The McGovney (8th grader) kid at CC has been tough. I believe he has led the team in scoring in all but 1 game so far this year and he's a beast on the boards!

 

This is a baseball thread..:lol::lol:

This is a baseball thread..:lol::lol:

 

But in the event that CC needs some solid rebounding between the 3rd and 4th inning of any of their games this year, they should be set. ;)

Wrong. Freidel was moved up to varsity about 10 games into the season and played SS fulltime from there on. Clarkson was moved up from freshman to JV when Freidel moved up (think he was actually showing up for some JV games already at that point when those games did not conflict with freshman games, but wasn't seeing any playing time) and started fulltime on JV from there on. Nice fielder who hit okay. The younger Fredel is no where close to Clarkson or Elliott and he did not make the Colonels. I think your assessment of Elliott is a bit high at this point.

 

The Clarkson kid is a nice player, but he has a lot to improve upon in prder to be a HS hitter. I would take the experience of select ball that Elliott brings over him at this stage. The younger Freidel is a better all around athlete and has more of an upside IMO. In either case, Ryle should have a pretty solid squad for a few years to come.

Wrong. Freidel was moved up to varsity about 10 games into the season and played SS fulltime from there on. Clarkson was moved up from freshman to JV when Freidel moved up (think he was actually showing up for some JV games already at that point when those games did not conflict with freshman games, but wasn't seeing any playing time) and started fulltime on JV from there on. Nice fielder who hit okay. The younger Fredel is no where close to Clarkson or Elliott and he did not make the Colonels. I think your assessment of Elliott is a bit high at this point.

 

The Clarkson kid is a nice player, but he has a lot to improve upon in prder to be a HS hitter. I would take the experience of select ball that Elliott brings over him at this stage. The younger Freidel is a better all around athlete and has more of an upside IMO. In either case, Ryle should have a pretty solid squad for a few years to come.

 

I think Elliott definitely has more power at the plate and is overall stronger than Clarkson, but I think his sport is football. Clarkson struggles at the plate but is a better defensive player than Elliott. I might even say he's a better baseball player than Elliott. Both tried out for Colonels and made the team, but I don't believe the younger Freidel tried out. I agree though, Ryle's team should be decent in the upcoming years as Elliott, Clarkson, the Freidel brothers, and Hempel mature.

I think Elliott definitely has more power at the plate and is overall stronger than Clarkson, but I think his sport is football. Clarkson struggles at the plate but is a better defensive player than Elliott. I might even say he's a better baseball player than Elliott. Both tried out for Colonels and made the team, but I don't believe the younger Freidel tried out. I agree though, Ryle's team should be decent in the upcoming years as Elliott, Clarkson, the Freidel brothers, and Hempel mature.

 

I would agree with you completely. What I don't see in any of those names are pitchers. I know Hempel pitches, but do any of the rest?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.