Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Freshman in NKY

Featured Replies

I would agree with you completely. What I don't see in any of those names are pitchers. I know Hempel pitches, but do any of the rest?

 

Not really. Pitching will be a major concern at the varsity level for Ryle this year and, from what I can tell, might be an issue going forward the next few years also. Of course, I don't think there many teams in NKY that are particularly deep in this area.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedel used to be a very good pitcher when I saw him a few years ago. Does he not pitch anymore? Clarkson used to pitch as well but I think he had constant arm trouble and probably gave it up.

Friedel used to be a very good pitcher when I saw him a few years ago. Does he not pitch anymore? Clarkson used to pitch as well but I think he had constant arm trouble and probably gave it up.

 

No Friedel does not pitch anymore and from what I saw last year his arm strength in the hole will need to be worked on at the varsity level. Nice looking fielder and good stick though!

No Friedel does not pitch anymore and from what I saw last year his arm strength in the hole will need to be worked on at the varsity level. Nice looking fielder and good stick though!

 

I'm assuming we are talking about the older Freidel, I don't think the younger one played SS???

 

Cooperstown - do you know?

I'm assuming we are talking about the older Freidel, I don't think the younger one played SS???

 

Cooperstown - do you know?

 

Good point... I thought they were talking about the older Freidel in the previous posts who is a SS.

I'm assuming we are talking about the older Freidel, I don't think the younger one played SS???

 

Cooperstown - do you know?

 

As best I know - and I was admittedly not all that familiar with the freshman team - the younger Freidel plays OF and I do not believe he pitches. Clarkson did not pitch at all last year, but heard he did during summer ball. He seems to have a decent arm, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would do some throwing for JV this coming season.

Zach Fardo (his name escaped me) is a very good player. I knew him from St. Joe's in cold Spring but he wound up at Brossart instead of NCC. I'm hoping he made the right decision, he will be a very good athlete and has played against the best competition that summer baseball can offer.

Good point... I thought they were talking about the older Freidel in the previous posts who is a SS.

 

I was refering to Josh Freidel, the older one. Dewey is the younger one but I haven't seen him play much over the years.

I was refering to Josh Freidel, the older one. Dewey is the younger one but I haven't seen him play much over the years.

 

Then GG was correct. He does not pitch.

Then GG was correct. He does not pitch.

 

So not much pitching from the two youngest classes? I think that with their defense they should stay in most games in the next few years. If they develop any pitching, they will be a very solid team. If they hit, they can be a very good team.

So not much pitching from the two youngest classes? I think that with their defense they should stay in most games in the next few years. If they develop any pitching, they will be a very solid team. If they hit, they can be a very good team.

 

Again, can't say too much about the freshman team last year as I only saw 2 or 3 of their games. No one off that team will be on the varsity roster this year. JV had some solid pitching, as evidenced by their 26-3 record, but it remains to be seen how it will translate to the varsity level this year. There certainly weren't many (any) hard throwers down there. Returning for varsity are Etschied, Renda, and O'Hara. IMO, Renda is the single most critical factor. This is a kid with a ton of talent and absolutely has the stuff to be a high-level varsity pitcher. He struggles with one thing - control. He gets command of that and I'll feel a TON better about Ryle's pitching this year. Defense will be good. Hitting will be okay. Not much power and don't know if they have the type of hitting that can overcome poor pitching, if that is what transpires.

Again, can't say too much about the freshman team last year as I only saw 2 or 3 of their games. No one off that team will be on the varsity roster this year. JV had some solid pitching, as evidenced by their 26-3 record, but it remains to be seen how it will translate to the varsity level this year. There certainly weren't many (any) hard throwers down there. Returning for varsity are Etschied, Renda, and O'Hara. IMO, Renda is the single most critical factor. This is a kid with a ton of talent and absolutely has the stuff to be a high-level varsity pitcher. He struggles with one thing - control. He gets command of that and I'll feel a TON better about Ryle's pitching this year. Defense will be good. Hitting will be okay. Not much power and don't know if they have the type of hitting that can overcome poor pitching, if that is what transpires.

 

Joe Renda is a tremendous kid with a super set of parents. You are correct, his stuff is very, very good. What he needs is confidence, if his control comes around, he along with Etscheid will give Ryle a huge 1-2 punch. Hopefully Coach Roesel can help him with the confidence and make this happen. If they can settle on who the outfielders will be, they will be pretty good defensively. I think he will probably end up putting a couple of infielders in the outfield, due to a glut of infielders. Hopefully, they will hit enough to overcome the question marks.

Again, can't say too much about the freshman team last year as I only saw 2 or 3 of their games. No one off that team will be on the varsity roster this year. JV had some solid pitching, as evidenced by their 26-3 record, but it remains to be seen how it will translate to the varsity level this year. There certainly weren't many (any) hard throwers down there. Returning for varsity are Etschied, Renda, and O'Hara. IMO, Renda is the single most critical factor. This is a kid with a ton of talent and absolutely has the stuff to be a high-level varsity pitcher. He struggles with one thing - control. He gets command of that and I'll feel a TON better about Ryle's pitching this year. Defense will be good. Hitting will be okay. Not much power and don't know if they have the type of hitting that can overcome poor pitching, if that is what transpires.

 

What about a player named Hensley, did not hear much of him last year, will he be able to help in 09. Thought he threw the ball pretty well a couple of years ago.

Sorry guess this is the wrong thread, I think he is a Junior.

What about a player named Hensley, did not hear much of him last year, will he be able to help in 09. Thought he threw the ball pretty well a couple of years ago.

 

Yes, you're right he is a junior. Didn't play at all last year. Throws hard and can definitely help if he is on the team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.