Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pittsburgh 20 Dallas 13

Featured Replies

  • Author
These are already out. Thanks again to the Steelers :lol:

 

You can repay us in the Super Bowl. :D:p :banana:

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, let me get this straight Mr. Offensive coordinator Arians,,,,you are first and goal from the 3 and 1/2 yd line, you run Fast Willie (not strong Willie, heavy Willie, nor short yardage Willie) twice for 1 and 1/2 yards. You then bring in your short yardage back Russell on third down, obviously as a decoy, throw a flat pattern, not in the endzone mind you, but to the 1 and he's the only guy in the pattern, so you are on the 1/2 yd.line. Soooooo, you forego the FG and run the short yardage back in your heavy package, don't get a push from the OL (who did a respectable job today by the way) and then donate it with no points. I know that it's not the OC's decision to go for it on 4th, but I couldn't disagree more with the plays called or the personnel. Thank the Lord for the best D in the league.

 

Come on Redskins!!!:ylsuper:

These are already out. Thanks again to the Steelers :lol:

 

36_24759XL.jpg

 

Well thanks for beating Baltimore a few weeks back! :thumb::lol:

So, let me get this straight Mr. Offensive coordinator Arians,,,,you are first and goal from the 3 and 1/2 yd line, you run Fast Willie (not strong Willie, heavy Willie, nor short yardage Willie) twice for 1 and 1/2 yards. You then bring in your short yardage back Russell on third down, obviously as a decoy, throw a flat pattern, not in the endzone mind you, but to the 1 and he's the only guy in the pattern, so you are on the 1/2 yd.line. Soooooo, you forego the FG and run the short yardage back in your heavy package, don't get a push from the OL (who did a respectable job today by the way) and then donate it with no points. I know that it's not the OC's decision to go for it on 4th, but I couldn't disagree more with the plays called or the personnel. Thank the Lord for the best D in the league.

 

Come on Redskins!!!:ylsuper:

 

I have never much liked Arains either. When he got rid of our Dan Krieder, a smashmouth fullback, I knew our Offense was not heading in the right direction.

So, let me get this straight Mr. Offensive coordinator Arians,,,,you are first and goal from the 3 and 1/2 yd line, you run Fast Willie (not strong Willie, heavy Willie, nor short yardage Willie) twice for 1 and 1/2 yards. You then bring in your short yardage back Russell on third down, obviously as a decoy, throw a flat pattern, not in the endzone mind you, but to the 1 and he's the only guy in the pattern, so you are on the 1/2 yd.line. Soooooo, you forego the FG and run the short yardage back in your heavy package, don't get a push from the OL (who did a respectable job today by the way) and then donate it with no points. I know that it's not the OC's decision to go for it on 4th, but I couldn't disagree more with the plays called or the personnel. Thank the Lord for the best D in the league.

 

Come on Redskins!!!:ylsuper:

 

Oh and go Redskins!!! :D

GREAT game! Dallas goes in without their most physical player and punches the bulley in the mouth at their place only to lose it late. For as much pub as the Steelers defense gets (they should they are a GREAT defense) today Dallas had the best unit on the field IMO. They faught almost the whole game on the short field and whipped Pitt's offense. Dallas's offense just hasn't seemed right the last couple of months. Barber out is HUGE, Jones out hurts some but the play calling is pretty suspect IMO. When are they going to learn that the reverse with T.O. isn't happening especially in clutch situations. 3rd and a couple and they run FB dive.... are you serious? Romo looked bad at times but I think for the people with a football I.Q. it was pretty obvious there were a lot of mistakes by his WR/TE. The 1st int was on Owens and the last pick 6 was on Witten. I felt like this was a huge game for both teams. Congrats to Pitt's. This puts them in great shape to hold off the Ravens who I think will beat Washington tonight. For Dallas I thought they played a very physical ballgame without their physical leader. As a Cowboys fan I was proud of them being able to lead in a slugfest at Pitt. Obviously I would have liked for them to win but I thought it was a HUGE game for the defense. I don't think they are out of it yet. I just worry about how many guys are banged up and the rest of the schedule. Giants losing today doesn't help much either!

As a fan this was a fun sluggfest too watch!

So, let me get this straight Mr. Offensive coordinator Arians,,,,you are first and goal from the 3 and 1/2 yd line, you run Fast Willie (not strong Willie, heavy Willie, nor short yardage Willie) twice for 1 and 1/2 yards. You then bring in your short yardage back Russell on third down, obviously as a decoy, throw a flat pattern, not in the endzone mind you, but to the 1 and he's the only guy in the pattern, so you are on the 1/2 yd.line. Soooooo, you forego the FG and run the short yardage back in your heavy package, don't get a push from the OL (who did a respectable job today by the way) and then donate it with no points. I know that it's not the OC's decision to go for it on 4th, but I couldn't disagree more with the plays called or the personnel. Thank the Lord for the best D in the league.

 

Come on Redskins!!!:ylsuper:

 

I was extremely disappointed with the play-calling on that series. Who in the hell didn't know a PAP was coming on 3rd?

 

Still, though, a very satisfying win. But it was hard to get through at the bar. A decided roller-coaster ride.

GREAT game! Dallas goes in without their most physical player and punches the bulley in the mouth at their place only to lose it late. For as much pub as the Steelers defense gets (they should they are a GREAT defense) today Dallas had the best unit on the field IMO. They faught almost the whole game on the short field and whipped Pitt's offense. Dallas's offense just hasn't seemed right the last couple of months. Barber out is HUGE, Jones out hurts some but the play calling is pretty suspect IMO. When are they going to learn that the reverse with T.O. isn't happening especially in clutch situations. 3rd and a couple and they run FB dive.... are you serious? Romo looked bad at times but I think for the people with a football I.Q. it was pretty obvious there were a lot of mistakes by his WR/TE. The 1st int was on Owens and the last pick 6 was on Witten. I felt like this was a huge game for both teams. Congrats to Pitt's. This puts them in great shape to hold off the Ravens who I think will beat Washington tonight. For Dallas I thought they played a very physical ballgame without their physical leader. As a Cowboys fan I was proud of them being able to lead in a slugfest at Pitt. Obviously I would have liked for them to win but I thought it was a HUGE game for the defense. I don't think they are out of it yet. I just worry about how many guys are banged up and the rest of the schedule. Giants losing today doesn't help much either!

As a fan this was a fun sluggfest too watch!

I'll give you the fact that the Cowboys D was terrific today. However, the Steeler offense is anything but a juggernaut. They are in the mid to low 20's in every offensive category. Not to mention, Steeler D caused 5 turnovers. I suppose I'll have to disagree that the Cowboys were the better unit today. I think it's fairly clear that the Steeler D is, and was today, the superior unit on the field.
I'll give you the fact that the Cowboys D was terrific today. However, the Steeler offense is anything but a juggernaut. They are in the mid to low 20's in every offensive category. Not to mention, Steeler D caused 5 turnovers. I suppose I'll have to disagree that the Cowboys were the better unit today. I think it's fairly clear that the Steeler D is, and was today, the superior unit on the field.

 

I'm with you that the Steelers aren't a juggernaut offense. The thing that makes me feel that Dallas had the better D on this day especially in the 1st half was time after time they were defending a short field and on the field a lot. I kept feeling like Dallas was going to have a good chance to win when Pitt kept getting outstanding field position but couldn't score. If felt like watching UK. If Dallas offense would protect the ball then I think their D would have won it today.

Barber out was HUGE but I just can't figure out the offense. T.O. is going to get the covereage so why can they not get R. Williams who was supposed to be one of the better #1's in the game involved vs weaker coverage? Do they not realize that will open things up for T.O. more? I also don't know what was going on with Witten + T. O. on the int's. It was pretty obvious they blew the route and caused the int's. Romo will get the blame but if people were watching the game it's easy to see they messed up.

Giants, Ravens + Philly for Dallas....... THAT IS BRUTAL!!! If they make the playoffs it will be well deserved! I was happy with how physical they were without Barber and how well the defense played. I still can't believe how they blew it down the stretch after outplaying the Steelers most of the game. That's the mark of a good team though so I tip my hat to the Steelers. Farrior+Palamalu are fun to watch!

The Cowboys have a tough schedule remaining, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything like the Giants schedule has been the past few weeks.

 

Starting in October they have played

 

Pittsburgh, Dallas (without Romo), Philly, Baltimore, Arizona, Washington, Philly, and now they get:

Dallas (with Romo)

Carolina

Minnesota.

 

That's a tough final half schedule. They're lucky to be 11-2 :lol:.

No doubt that is a tough schedule down the stretch!

Good game...and I don't know what was up with Whitten and Romo today.

 

Dude, so I wasn't the only one that noticed this, really don't care for either team, but I respect them both.

 

Whitten seemed like he was frozen, I'm seriously not sure what his deal was, but he seemed slow and sluggish. All I can think of is:

 

A) Bad hang over

B) He's sick

C), Dude can't play in the cold

 

As for Romo, I dunno, dude was throwing left handed like he's that good and can just do it. Sorry but the only people that good are unfortunately also that stupid. Mike Vicks in jail.

Dude, so I wasn't the only one that noticed this, really don't care for either team, but I respect them both.

 

Whitten seemed like he was frozen, I'm seriously not sure what his deal was, but he seemed slow and sluggish. All I can think of is:

 

A) Bad hang over

B) He's sick

C), Dude can't play in the cold

 

As for Romo, I dunno, dude was throwing left handed like he's that good and can just do it. Sorry but the only people that good are unfortunately also that stupid. Mike Vicks in jail.

I missed the game today but Witten does have a few broken ribs he's been playing with for a few games now. That may or may not have had something to do with it.

Witten has been playing with broken ribs. The route adjustments today is what killed Dallas.

Dude, so I wasn't the only one that noticed this, really don't care for either team, but I respect them both.

 

Whitten seemed like he was frozen, I'm seriously not sure what his deal was, but he seemed slow and sluggish. All I can think of is:

 

A) Bad hang over

B) He's sick

C), Dude can't play in the cold

D) Dudes got broken ribs

 

As for Romo, I dunno, dude was throwing left handed like he's that good and can just do it. Sorry but the only people that good are unfortunately also that stupid. Mike Vicks in jail.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.