Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scrimmage: Male vs Scott County

Featured Replies

I thought that they said that Guyn was 10-11. I'm talking about Jackson.

 

I thought you were talking about Guyn. My bad. I just noticed that when I re read your post. :creepy:

 

Not too sure of how many shots Jackson took but it wasn't many.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were talking about Guyn. My bad. I just noticed that when I re read your post. :creepy:

 

Not too sure of how many shots Jackson took but it wasn't many.

So, what you're saying is that he didn't shoot because he can't. Am I right?

I was there, and only recall Guyn missing one shot all night... 8-8 from 2pt range and 2-3 from 3pt and 7-7 from the ft line. He was amazing, and presented a threat Male could not solve. He looks much happier in the two/three spot.

 

Jackson was 2-4 from 2pt range, 1-3 from the ft line and took no 3pt shots. He handled and distributed the ball all night with several assists to only two TO's I recall. He is a very good and smart point guard. It was nice seeing him be able to settle into the flow of the game rather than having to force things to carry his team. He'll have plenty of 20+ point games this season.

 

If it's possible to have a quiet 21 pts and 11 boards, Phares did it last night. No big deal, just steady blue collar play from start to finish. :thumb:

 

These aren't "official" numbers, but are a lot closer than what I'm reading in some posts here.

 

Demling is one of the best in the business, but I had Euton for 18 pts (not 16 as reported, 4-6 3pts and 3-6 2pts) and 11 boards (not 9) 3 steals and 2 assists.

 

No big deal really, but I'm amazed at the animosity voiced by "anonymous" experts trying to trash some awfully good kids playing a game at a much higher level than any of the "experts" ever managed themselves... :lol:

 

The good thing about all this is that the SC kids will be able to prove their abilities in real games against real teams very soon, instead of being stuck hashing out all the "what ifs" on an internet message board... :lol:

 

There will be many games this season where SC has 4 or 5 players posting double figures.

Edited by Fastbreak

The scoring by quarters broke down as follows:

 

SC 21 - 9 Male

SC 9 - 22 Male

SC 27 - 11 Male

SC 27 - 16 Male

 

SC 84 - 58 Male

 

I'll leave an explanation of the 2nd quarter to the experts, but overall, SC represented themselves well as did Male. :thumb:

 

It will be interesting to see how Male adjusts and stands up in their scrimmage with Holmes.

When is the Male scrimmage with Holmes?

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

When is the Male scrimmage with Holmes?

 

Just going by this post in the "Scrimmages" thread:

Doubleheader Nov. 29th at Male

 

Holmes v Male

Covcath v Ballard

 

Times are 3:30 and 5:30 but not sure of what order the teams will play.

Edited by gold sunrise
editing quote

I was there, and only recall Guyn missing one shot all night... 8-8 from 2pt range and 2-3 from 3pt and 7-7 from the ft line. He was amazing, and presented a threat Male could not solve. He looks much happier in the two/three spot.

 

Jackson was 2-4 from 2pt range, 1-3 from the ft line and took no 3pt shots. He handled and distributed the ball all night with several assists to only two TO's I recall. He is a very good and smart point guard. It was nice seeing him be able to settle into the flow of the game rather than having to force things to carry his team. He'll have plenty of 20+ point games this season.

 

If it's possible to have a quiet 21 pts and 11 boards, Phares did it last night. No big deal, just steady blue collar play from start to finish. :thumb:

 

These aren't "official" numbers, but are a lot closer than what I'm reading in some posts here.

 

Demling is one of the best in the business, but I had Euton for 18 pts (not 16 as reported, 4-6 3pts and 3-6 2pts) and 11 boards (not 9) 3 steals and 2 assists.

 

No big deal really, but I'm amazed at the animosity voiced by "anonymous" experts trying to trash some awfully good kids playing a game at a much higher level than any of the "experts" ever managed themselves... :lol:

 

The good thing about all this is that the SC kids will be able to prove their abilities in real games against real teams very soon, instead of being stuck hashing out all the "what ifs" on an internet message board... :lol:

 

There will be many games this season where SC has 4 or 5 players posting double figures.

 

I don't think any "anonymous" experts have trashed any kids but rather gave their opinions on what they saw. Doesn't mean they're right, but certainly doesn't mean they're wrong. People disagree on certain things. No big deal my friend. What I saw or anyone else saw may cause them to form different opinions than others on here who give their "expert" opinions.

When is the Male scrimmage with Holmes?

 

Sat. Nov 29

Holmes @ Male

Time: 3:30

 

(Covcath plays Ballard right after at 5:30)

Edited by gold sunrise
Editing quote

I think one thing has to be pointed out. Guyn played very well but as I remember he had at least two fouls early so the dynamics of the game may have been changed if he has to go the bench. Since fouls don't matter in a scrimmage, he kept playing.

 

No doubt Scott Co. will be one of the favorites for state but you need to realize that Male will probably be ranked in the 3-7 range(they could certainly finish higher) in the 7th region and they were missing two starters!

 

Should be a heck of a year!

I was there, and only recall Guyn missing one shot all night... 8-8 from 2pt range and 2-3 from 3pt and 7-7 from the ft line. He was amazing, and presented a threat Male could not solve. He looks much happier in the two/three spot.

 

Jackson was 2-4 from 2pt range, 1-3 from the ft line and took no 3pt shots. He handled and distributed the ball all night with several assists to only two TO's I recall. He is a very good and smart point guard. It was nice seeing him be able to settle into the flow of the game rather than having to force things to carry his team. He'll have plenty of 20+ point games this season.

 

If it's possible to have a quiet 21 pts and 11 boards, Phares did it last night. No big deal, just steady blue collar play from start to finish. :thumb:

 

These aren't "official" numbers, but are a lot closer than what I'm reading in some posts here.

 

Demling is one of the best in the business, but I had Euton for 18 pts (not 16 as reported, 4-6 3pts and 3-6 2pts) and 11 boards (not 9) 3 steals and 2 assists.

 

No big deal really, but I'm amazed at the animosity voiced by "anonymous" experts trying to trash some awfully good kids playing a game at a much higher level than any of the "experts" ever managed themselves... :lol:

 

The good thing about all this is that the SC kids will be able to prove their abilities in real games against real teams very soon, instead of being stuck hashing out all the "what ifs" on an internet message board... :lol:

 

There will be many games this season where SC has 4 or 5 players posting double figures.

 

Very good post. There are some that seem to be very complimentary to every team in the state except Scott County. :thumb:

No, actually with MALE having all their players, they probably beat the best team team of supposedly best players. Scott county is is only as good as the players play, not as good as the media predicts them to be. Just because they have a UK commitment, does not mean he is good , only that he is good enough for UK.

 

Let me say that I'm not a Scott Co. fan, but I have seen Euton play several times. Some say he is only good enough to play at UK but he also recieve a scholarship offer from Florida and attended Duke's elite camp so apparently other coaches think he is a high D1 talent.

 

Some say he isn't athletic enough, but you can not challenge his ability to shoot, he is deadly. He is not the best athlete we all know that, but I think the great Larry Bird proved you don't have to run the fastest or jump the highest to be a good basketball player. And I'm comparing Euton to Bird other than niether are the most athletic players.

 

And Euton will do fine against taller and more athletic players, he proved that last year when he more than held his own against Darius Miller in the Rose Hill/Mason Co. scrimmage

I think one thing has to be pointed out. Guyn played very well but as I remember he had at least two fouls early so the dynamics of the game may have been changed if he has to go the bench. Since fouls don't matter in a scrimmage, he kept playing.

 

No doubt Scott Co. will be one of the favorites for state but you need to realize that Male will probably be ranked in the 3-7 range(they could certainly finish higher) in the 7th region and they were missing two starters!

 

Should be a heck of a year!

Not bad points, but it works both ways. No way Male contains Phares and Euton in the paint-even with football players-without picking up fouls early.

 

The first two on Guyn were questionable IMO, being for mild hand checks, not blatant hacks. Even with sensitive refs, he was able to back off just enough to avoid picking up his third until late in the game. He finished with three fouls. No other starter for SC had more than two. Considering that SC can go about 10 or 12 deep without too much let up in overall intensity makes this a minor concern. I realize the second and third groups aren't quite Euton, Phares, Guyn and Jackson, but I know for a fact most of them could be starters for a lot of schools in this state. Many of the SC bench players bring different skill sets to the floor that will present headaches for opponents all season. Not woofing... I just don't see the gaping voids some would like you to believe exist. :thumb:

 

And like I said before, the good thing is the boys get to prove it on the floor, not a bunch of has beens and never wases bantering back and forth on the internet. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzales

Scott County is all there. Male is missing their best post player and starter OJ Bell.

 

Scott County won the third quarter 23 to 11. Euton struggled in the firsthalf, but hit a couple of 3s the 2nd. Guyn playing well.

 

 

Yep, simply awful. 6-10 from the floor, 4 consecutive 3's, 5 total and nine rebounds. Strugglin' for sure.

 

This knocking kids to promote others is tired. So let's not start this basketball season on that foot.

 

I got a question SpeedyGonzales said that Euton struggled in the firsthalf, inresponse spindoc said that Euton was 6-10 from the floor with 4 3pointers in a row. Are both you guys talking about the 1st half? I know that SpeedyGonzales was definately talking about the 1st half, and it sounded like spindoc was but that can't be right.

Not bad points, but it works both ways. No way Male contains Phares and Euton in the paint-even with football players-without picking up fouls early.

 

The first two on Guyn were questionable IMO, being for mild hand checks, not blatant hacks. Even with sensitive refs, he was able to back off just enough to avoid picking up his third until late in the game. He finished with three fouls. No other starter for SC had more than two. Considering that SC can go about 10 or 12 deep without too much let up in overall intensity makes this a minor concern. I realize the second and third groups aren't quite Euton, Phares, Guyn and Jackson, but I know for a fact most of them could be starters for a lot of schools in this state. Many of the SC bench players bring different skill sets to the floor that will present headaches for opponents all season. Not woofing... I just don't see the gaping voids some would like you to believe exist. :thumb:

 

And like I said before, the good thing is the boys get to prove it on the floor, not a bunch of has beens and never wases bantering back and forth on the internet. :lol:

 

They will get to prove it on the floor but WHEN they do lose what will the excuses be since they have so much SUPERIOR talent and can go 10-12 deep without a drop off? Seriously it's ok to support a team and SC is good but they aren't that much ahead, if at all, over the other top teams in the state and I have a feeling Dec. 14th and Dec 18th will both give all of the SC faithful who think their team is all world, a reality check.

 

As far as the bolded part...:rolleyes:

  • Author
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzales

Scott County is all there. Male is missing their best post player and starter OJ Bell.

 

Scott County won the third quarter 23 to 11. Euton struggled in the firsthalf, but hit a couple of 3s the 2nd. Guyn playing well.

 

 

 

 

I got a question SpeedyGonzales said that Euton struggled in the firsthalf, inresponse spindoc said that Euton was 6-10 from the floor with 4 3pointers in a row. Are both you guys talking about the 1st half? I know that SpeedyGonzales was definately talking about the 1st half, and it sounded like spindoc was but that can't be right.

 

I was talking about the first half. Euton struggled defensively and offensively, but did better in the 2nd half.

 

Scott County is the state's #1 team until proven otherwise. Saying that, you cannot say Male wouldn't be a different team if they had their starting center and leading rebounder and post presence.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.