Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scrimmage: Male vs Scott County

Featured Replies

The Courier Journal article said Guyn was 10-11 shooting. Thats pretty good!

 

I wonder how good Louisville Male will be this year. Their tradition would rival anyone's in the state!

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Courier Journal article said Guyn was 10-11 shooting. Thats pretty good!

 

I wonder how good Louisville Male will be this year. Their tradition would rival anyone's in the state!

 

Guyn looked very good in the intrasquad scrimmage and it appears it spilled over into last night. You can really tell he has worked very hard on his shooting. It sounded like a good first time out for the cards, cant wait for the season to start.

Scott County is all there. Male is missing their best post player and starter OJ Bell.

 

Scott County won the third quarter 23 to 11. Euton struggled in the firsthalf, but hit a couple of 3s the 2nd. Guyn playing well.

Yep, simply awful. 6-10 from the floor, 4 consecutive 3's, 5 total and nine rebounds. Strugglin' for sure.

 

This knocking kids to promote others is tired. So let's not start this basketball season on that foot.

One thing to think about though: Male had nobody on the floor over 6'3. Scott Co had 6'7 Phares, 6'7 Euton, 6'4 Jackson, and 6'3 Guyn. I'd hope that 6'7 Euton can shoot treys ALL NIGHT over a 5'10 kid.

 

Scott Co is good, no doubt, but I'd like to see how they do against someone who actually matches up with them height wise.

 

Euton is going to make them somewhat vulnerable this year offensively and on break outs. He isn't exactly the quickest of kids on the floor and when he goes against someone athletic with size he is going to struggle some.

 

Chad Jackson isn't going to be as big of an offensive threat as some like to think either. He didn't shoot, because honestly he's not a very good shooter and once he gets the ball to Guyn, it's not coming back.

One thing to think about though: Male had nobody on the floor over 6'3. Scott Co had 6'7 Phares, 6'7 Euton, 6'4 Jackson, and 6'3 Guyn. I'd hope that 6'7 Euton can shoot treys ALL NIGHT over a 5'10 kid.

 

Scott Co is good, no doubt, but I'd like to see how they do against someone who actually matches up with them height wise.

 

Euton is going to make them somewhat vulnerable this year offensively and on break outs. He isn't exactly the quickest of kids on the floor and when he goes against someone athletic with size he is going to struggle some.

 

Chad Jackson isn't going to be as big of an offensive threat as some like to think either. He didn't shoot, because honestly he's not a very good shooter and once he gets the ball to Guyn, it's not coming back.

Does he play the 2? No, he plays the 1. I think he's very adept at doing what SC needs to get them where they need to go. You can opine all day why he didn't score more than 6. Frankly, they don't need him to. So let me give you one of these.:rolleyes:

 

By the way, were you there?

One thing to think about though: Male had nobody on the floor over 6'3. Scott Co had 6'7 Phares, 6'7 Euton, 6'4 Jackson, and 6'3 Guyn. I'd hope that 6'7 Euton can shoot treys ALL NIGHT over a 5'10 kid.

 

Scott Co is good, no doubt, but I'd like to see how they do against someone who actually matches up with them height wise.

 

Euton is going to make them somewhat vulnerable this year offensively and on break outs. He isn't exactly the quickest of kids on the floor and when he goes against someone athletic with size he is going to struggle some.

 

Chad Jackson isn't going to be as big of an offensive threat as some like to think either. He didn't shoot, because honestly he's not a very good shooter and once he gets the ball to Guyn, it's not coming back.

 

A 5-10 kid guarded Dakota Euton last night? It seems you are reaching a bit. The Holmes-Scott Co. game is going to be great!

Does he play the 2? No, he plays the 1. I think he's very adept at doing what SC needs to get them where they need to go. You can opine all day why he didn't score more than 6. Frankly, they don't need him to. So let me give you one of these.:rolleyes:

 

By the way, were you there?

 

I know he plays the 1. I was just saying he won't be one of the main scorers or a scoring threat offensively this year because once he gets the ball to Guyn, it's not coming back. His strengths are going to be bringing the ball up and rebounding. And of course they don't need him to score when the team they played doesn't match up with them. They can give it to their big men down low all night. :rolleyes:

 

Indeed...were you?

A 5-10 kid guarded Dakota Euton last night? It seems you are reaching a bit. The Holmes-Scott Co. game is going to be great!

 

Not reaching at all. The tallest kid on the floor for Male was 6'3.

Not reaching at all. The tallest kid on the floor for Male was 6'3.

 

When I saw Louisville Male this summer in L'ville I thought they had 2 or 3 guys that were in the 6-5 to 6-6 range. Are they all playing football?

When I saw Louisville Male this summer in L'ville I thought they had 2 or 3 guys that were in the 6-5 to 6-6 range. Are they all playing football?

 

I saw nobody that big so I'm assuming so.

  • Author
I saw nobody that big so I'm assuming so.

 

OJ Bell is 6'6 and the starting center and is still playing football. They had another player at 6'5, but when he's out Male is small with two guards at 5'10 and 5'11 with Hayes and Glenn.

I know he plays the 1. I was just saying he won't be one of the main scorers or a scoring threat offensively this year because once he gets the ball to Guyn, it's not coming back. His strengths are going to be bringing the ball up and rebounding. And of course they don't need him to score when the team they played doesn't match up with them. They can give it to their big men down low all night. :rolleyes:

 

Indeed...were you?

No, I wasn't there. That's why I asked if you were. How many shots did Jackson take?

No, I wasn't there. That's why I asked if you were. How many shots did Jackson take?

 

I'd say in the 10-15 range. The paper has him 10 of 11 from the field. He missed more than 1 shot though. He missed more than one in the first quarter alone.

I'd say in the 10-15 range. The paper has him 10 of 11 from the field. He missed more than 1 shot though. He missed more than one in the first quarter alone.
I thought that they said that Guyn was 10-11. I'm talking about Jackson.
I'd say in the 10-15 range. The paper has him 10 of 11 from the field. He missed more than 1 shot though. He missed more than one in the first quarter alone.

 

I think you have Guyn and Jackson confused.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.