November 18, 200817 yr SAN FRANCISCO -- Jeremy Affeldt had considered looking for a job as a closer this offseason. Then San Francisco offered a contract the reliever couldn't pass up. Affeldt became the first of the 171 players who filed for free agency to agree to a contract, striking an $8 million, two-year deal Monday with the Giants -- a team that has wanted him for two years. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3708873
November 18, 200817 yr The Reds are really looking strong in this offseason. The moves they are making are just outstanding. Wonder when the playoff tickets will be printed?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
November 18, 200817 yr Can't blame Affeldt. I would have wanted out of this hole if I were him too. Good luck to him. By the way Jeremy, the Giants suck too.:sssh:
November 18, 200817 yr Can't blame Affeldt. I would have wanted out of this hole if I were him too. Good luck to him. By the way Jeremy, the Giants suck too.:sssh: So does the weather, more than Cincy!
November 18, 200817 yr The Reds are really looking strong in this offseason. The moves they are making are just outstanding. Wonder when the playoff tickets will be printed?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Affelt is the only player to be signed so far. :rolleyes:
November 18, 200817 yr Can't blame Affeldt. I would have wanted out of this hole if I were him too. Good luck to him. By the way Jeremy, the Giants suck too.:sssh: You make it sound like the reds offered him more money and he left.I immagine if they had offered him 8 mil the fans on here would have been up in arms over it.
November 18, 200817 yr You make it sound like the reds offered him more money and he left.I immagine if they had offered him 8 mil the fans on here would have been up in arms over it.No, I make it sound like he was glad to get out of this town. I said nothing about $, you did.
November 18, 200817 yr How was he glad to get out of town? He went were the money was, the Reds weren't going to pay him that.
November 18, 200817 yr Its still very early. Jocketty wants to watch the maket and get the best value.
November 18, 200817 yr How was he glad to get out of town? He went were the money was, the Reds weren't going to pay him that. Are you serious? Why in God's creation would he want to stay in Cincy? All things equal? Yep, he made a nice payday with the signing, but to think he was itching to stay here is naivity, IMO.
November 18, 200817 yr Its still very early. Jocketty wants to watch the maket and get the best value.How do you know that?
November 18, 200817 yr Its still very early. Jocketty wants to watch the maket and get the best value. Maybe Walt's broke.:eek:
November 18, 200817 yr Are you serious? Why in God's creation would he want to stay in Cincy? All things equal? Yep, he made a nice payday with the signing, but to think he was itching to stay here is naivity, IMO. Why would he be itching to get out? He had the best year of his career here. He wanted to get paid bottom line. It has nothing to do with wanting to stay or go.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.