Who is the best team in the NFL?

Who is the best team in the NFL?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the NFL?

So after the win in Arizona, I would guess there is no question that the G-Men are number 1. I don't think the Titans are number two; I feel like you could but the Jets ahead of them.

1. G-Men

2. Jets

3. Titans

4. Steelers

5. Cowboys (and they are moving up this list fast!)

For me, this is the list.

I don't think the Cowboys are top 5 and I am not sure top 10.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until someone beats them, the Titans are the best team in the NFL. Period.

I personally think the Jets will knock them off next week though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Does what the Jets did to the Titans change folks opinions on who is the best team in the league (or the AFC for that matter)?

BTW, is there anyone who still thinks Green Bay made the right decision letting Favre go?

I believe someone predicted that the Jets would be the team to end the Titans undefeated season.. :D

I don't think the Cowboys are top 5 and I am not sure top 10.

This is a great team with Romo. They are the only team in the NFC that can potentially beat the Giants in the playoffs, IMO. They are starting to turn it around with Romo and the more he plays the better that pinky looks. The 4 teams I put ahead of them are the only teams that beat them head to head right now, IMO.

Does what the Jets did to the Titans change folks opinions on who is the best team in the league (or the AFC for that matter)?

BTW, is there anyone who still thinks Green Bay made the right decision letting Favre go?

I do.

Aaron Rodgers has been very good. The QB position is the last place a Packers fan could place blame, IMO.

I do.

Aaron Rodgers has been very good. The QB position is the last place a Packers fan could place blame, IMO.

I still feel like they sacrificed a Superbowl potentially this year for Rodgers. Long term this might be what is best, but if I was a Pack fan I would be upset looking at Brett with the Jets and seeing my team at 5-5 in a weak division.

If they lose I still think the Giants are one of the best teams. But this is a game they should still win, even without Plax and Jacobs IMO.

:thumb:

Regardless of whether the Giants finish with the best record or not, they're still the best team (unless the wheels totally fall off).

I think people get too caught up in the records sometimes when having these discussions. The Titans may have the best record in the AFC, but their play on the field hadn't separated them from the pack, IMO. Obviously people will look at the differently now that they've lost, but even before that, there was nothing to make anyone think they were a notch above the rest of the AFC.

I felt like they and Pittsburgh were the top two...and I still feel that way. But, I think the Jets are making a strong push, and with the way Cassel is playing, I wouldn't count out New England, nor would I count out Indianapolis. What the Titans have done, is position themselves to stay at home during the playoffs which is a big advantage.

The Giants, on the other hand, have clearly proven they're a complete team that is a notch above the rest. Not unbeatable, but beating them will be much more difficult than anyone else.

I still feel like they sacrificed a Superbowl potentially this year for Rodgers. Long term this might be what is best, but if I was a Pack fan I would be upset looking at Brett with the Jets and seeing my team at 5-5 in a weak division.

I disagree. I don't think there would be a huge difference in this team if you replaced Rodgers with Favre...at least not enough of a difference to think they could beat the Giants.

What they've done is found themselves a QB for the next decade or so to go with the young and talented roster that could grow into the best team in the conference in a short time.

So, the flipside would have been sacrificing perhaps a decade of good football teams for one possible shot at a Super Bowl.

They made the right decision. The Brett Favre circus needed a new city...

Pittsburgh can go a long way to make a case for themselves Sunday in Foxboro. They've had 10 days, a mini bye so to speak, and had plenty of time to prepare and a couple of extra days to heal. No excuses.

I thought the Titans just couldn't get over the hump against the Jets. I still am very impressed with the job that K.Collins has done.

Tennessee is still the team to beat in the AFC.

I don't think there's much argument that the G-men are the best team in the league. However, as history has shown, the best team doesn't always hoist the Lombardi. Last year, clearly, the Pats were the best team. Once the playoffs start, it's anyone's ballgame.

And Baltimore is my sleeper pick to represent the AFC. Lord only knows I hope that I'm wrong.

Pittsburgh can go a long way to make a case for themselves Sunday in Foxboro. They've had 10 days, a mini bye so to speak, and had plenty of time to prepare and a couple of extra days to heal. No excuses.

I thought the Titans just couldn't get over the hump against the Jets. I still am very impressed with the job that K.Collins has done.

Tennessee is still the team to beat in the AFC.

I don't think there's much argument that the G-men are the best team in the league. However, as history has shown, the best team doesn't always hoist the Lombardi. Last year, clearly, the Pats were the best team. Once the playoffs start, it's anyone's ballgame.

And Baltimore is my sleeper pick to represent the AFC. Lord only knows I hope that I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too. I forgot to mention them earlier...any team with a defense that good is capable of winning every week, IMO.

I would agree that Tennessee is the team to beat right now, because they're likely going to be the top seed and thus playing at home in January. I just think the gap between them and Pittsburgh particularly, is minimal. And, obviously the Jets made a big statement in Nashville. But, I don't get too worked up over a loss...the grind of the NFL week after week makes it tough to bring your best consistently. And, the longer Tennessee stayed unbeaten, the more teams were going to get fired up to beat them.

Let's just say that I'd be very surprised to see the Jets travel to Nashville and beat Tennessee for a second time in January. I'd much rather see them in the playoffs than Pittsburgh. That's the team that scares me the most...

I think the scariest AFC team is the Jets. The way the defense has been playing and the running game, they have the forumla. Plus of the teams that win that way, defense and running, in the AFC (Titans, Ravens, Pittsburg every year but this one) I would argue the Jets have the best QB. They are scary and folks may have to go to the Meadowlands and beat them.

The AFC is wide open, though. I think I could make a legitimate argument for five teams to get to the Superbowl (Titans, Steelers, Jets, Colts and Patriots). You can maybe even stretch that to six (folks like the Ravens a lot more than I do).

This is a great team with Romo. They are the only team in the NFC that can potentially beat the Giants in the playoffs, IMO. They are starting to turn it around with Romo and the more he plays the better that pinky looks. The 4 teams I put ahead of them are the only teams that beat them head to head right now, IMO.

There are a few teams that could potentially beat the Giants in the playoffs. The key is shutting down the Giants run game, and keeping them from rushing the passer like they always do. If you can do that, you can beat the Giants.