Who is the best team in the NFL?

Who is the best team in the NFL?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the NFL?

There are a few teams that could potentially beat the Giants in the playoffs. The key is shutting down the Giants run game, and keeping them from rushing the passer like they always do. If you can do that, you can beat the Giants.

Who can actually do that, however? I don't know if anyone in the NFC has what it takes to slow down the Giants run game. Dallas has the offensive weapons to score on the Giants D. Plus they are familiar with the Giants from divisional play. Everyone else would be in trouble in the NFC, IMO.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can actually do that, however? I don't know if anyone in the NFC has what it takes to slow down the Giants run game. Dallas has the offensive weapons to score on the Giants D. Plus they are familiar with the Giants from divisional play. Everyone else would be in trouble in the NFC, IMO.

I'm not saying there are teams better than the Giants, I'm saying that there are a few teams that could potentially pull it off. It only takes one game in the playoffs, and anything could happen.

I'm not saying there are teams better than the Giants, I'm saying that there are a few teams that could potentially pull it off. It only takes one game in the playoffs, and anything could happen.

I know that, I'm just making my arguement for why I ranked the Cowbowys so high. I think they are the second best team in the NFC. I believe that because I think they are the only team in the NFC that is in the class of the G-Men.

I know that, I'm just making my arguement for why I ranked the Cowbowys so high. I think they are the second best team in the NFC. I believe that because I think they are the only team in the NFC that is in the class of the G-Men.

At this point in the season, I think their are a few teams in the NFC better than the Cowboys.

Redskins, Cardinals, Bucs come to mind.

At this point in the season, I think their are a few teams in the NFC better than the Cowboys.

Redskins, Cardinals, Bucs come to mind.

With Romo, the Cowboys can beat these teams. Obviously, this is opinion. I just think that of these teams, the Cowboys are by far the most talented. Cards and Skins have already beaten the Boys, so I know I'm in the minority. I'm going on talent. When the playoffs roll around, the Boys will be dangerous.

I don't think Dallas is man enough to beat the Giants. I don't think you can beat the Giants with offense and the expectation to outscore them...

Two reasons...

1. They'll run all over you with Jacobs and company, make Eli's life a lot easier, wear your defense down and keep your offense on the sideline in the process.

2. Their defense thrives on pressure...even if you can move the ball and score on them, if you get in that type of game against them, the Giants defense will make some big plays that result in TO's or change the field position. The Giants themselves don't make a lot of mistakes, and I really have my doubts about the Dallas defense forcing them into any.

Unless the Cowboys defense suddenly morphs into a dominant unit, I think it would take a near flawless game offensively for them to beat the Giants. I suppose that's always possible, but its not probable against New York.

I think it would take a team with a more gritty and hard nosed mentality to knock off the Giants...

I'm not sure anyone in the NFC can do it, but I'd be more inclined to look at a team like Tampa, Carolina, or maybe Washington. Those teams probably have the right makeup and attitude, I'm just not convinced they have the personnel to pull it off.

It looks like its going to take somebody's best combined with something less than that from the Giants to keep them from a second straight Super Bowl appearance.

I think it would take a team with a more gritty and hard nosed mentality to knock off the Giants...

Normaly I would agree that this type of team gives you the best chance to win. In this case, I disagree. It is very difficult to beat a great team at what they do. The Giants are a hard-nosed, run right at you, beat you with their defense kind of team. The Giants depth and talent allows them to beat you in other ways, but the G-Men would prefer to beat you with their run game and pressure defense.

The Cowboys beat the Giants twice last year and played them tough in the playoffs, so they aren't intimidated by the champs. The Cowboys also have enough depth to beat you with their running game or their passing attack. The Cowboys also have the ability to pressure the passer and make Eli throw before he is ready.

It is a tough task to beat the Giants. They are the best team in football. I think a healthy Cowboys team has the best chance, but I don't see anyone actually knocking them off in the palyoffs.

Normaly I would agree that this type of team gives you the best chance to win. In this case, I disagree. It is very difficult to beat a great team at what they do. The Giants are a hard-nosed, run right at you, beat you with their defense kind of team. The Giants depth and talent allows them to beat you in other ways, but the G-Men would prefer to beat you with their run game and pressure defense.

The Cowboys beat the Giants twice last year and played them tough in the playoffs, so they aren't intimidated by the champs. The Cowboys also have enough depth to beat you with their running game or their passing attack. The Cowboys also have the ability to pressure the passer and make Eli throw before he is ready.

It is a tough task to beat the Giants. They are the best team in football. I think a healthy Cowboys team has the best chance, but I don't see anyone actually knocking them off in the palyoffs.

I think you're giving Dallas too much credit for beating a bad 49'ers team, you have the Seahawks next that will make the Boys look even better. Dallas has a tough December schedule, lets see how they do then.

You may be right. I certainly like the talent level in Dallas a lot better than some of the other contenders (Tampa, Carolina, etc.).

It may take a team with that kind of talent hitting on all cylinders to do it...teams like Tampa may not have enough talent to win even if they play their best.

I guess I'm just not convinced in the mental toughness of this Dallas team...however, I was skeptical of the Giants, and Eli in particular, last season when they made their run. You never really know in the NFL when a team will finally put it all together and go on a run. Dallas may be poised to do that. Going through the adversity they have may be the best thing that could have happened...it may allow them to play with an edge instead of coasting into the playoffs being crowned the NFC Champion before the games are played (like last season).

We'll see.

I think you're giving Dallas too much credit for beating a bad 49'ers team, you have the Seahawks next that will make the Boys look even better. Dallas has a tough December schedule, lets see how they do then.

Maybe I am giving the Boys too much credit. I just really feel like the time to knock them out of playoff contention has passed and if they hang around with all that talent, they will be a tough out in the NFC for everyone.

They have Seattle, then at Pittsburg, then NY, Baltimore and at Philly to wrap it up. I see one loss if they are click the way I think they will with Romo healthy.

Only one way to find out if they have what it takes, though- let them play the games.