Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. 62 Lawrence Co. 0

Featured Replies

And the shutouts keep piling up for Bell County. Tough year for Lawrence County.

Bell's kicker Monte Merrick became the new career PAT leader for Kentucky HS football, passing Karl Heinz Williams of Trinity at 201. Merrick was 8-8 on PAT's in the rain all in first half, bringing his total to 205 and counting! Coach Hilton gave all the varsity starters the second half off (cold, raining, and running clock)....hit the showers at half-time. JV continued the defensive shutout and put up one td.

Congratulations Bell! Guess it will be the Rock next week.

LC was overmatched. Nice job by Bell to get their starters out of their early.

Congratulations to Bell!! Classy move by your coach to try and stop the beating at halftime by pulling the starters. Good team and a good coaching staff. Lawrence County now has a chance to regroup and start over next year. A year like this is difficult for fans but it has to be excruciating for players and coaches. I hope they realize that things will improve next year. We only had 3 or 4 starting seniors so our young players got plenty of experience this year. See ya'll next year!

Congratulations to Bell!! Classy move by your coach to try and stop the beating at halftime by pulling the starters. Good team and a good coaching staff. Lawrence County now has a chance to regroup and start over next year. A year like this is difficult for fans but it has to be excruciating for players and coaches. I hope they realize that things will improve next year. We only had 3 or 4 starting seniors so our young players got plenty of experience this year. See ya'll next year!

 

It has been a tough year overall for LC. They played some games early that made you think they were getting things back on track but just never seemed to recover from those heartbreaking losses. But looking at the roster, I thought LC just had 3-4 seniors period?

I think pulling your players out of uniform in a game is poor sportsmanship ... except when you have bad weather. Protecting your team health at this time of year makes it ok. If the weather is good, your starters should stay in uniform and show respect not only to the other team that works hard every day in practice but even more so to your own teammates who work their tails off to make the team successful. If I were a second or third team player and my teammates were in the showers while I was on the field, I would be ticked. So I am OK with it in a game and weather like last night, but I think it is poor sportsmanship otherwise and poor team building.

Looks like Bell has a rematch next week. A 1-2-3 sweep of district 7 exactly what I thought would happen.

I think pulling your players out of uniform in a game is poor sportsmanship ... except when you have bad weather. Protecting your team health at this time of year makes it ok. If the weather is good, your starters should stay in uniform and show respect not only to the other team that works hard every day in practice but even more so to your own teammates who work their tails off to make the team successful. If I were a second or third team player and my teammates were in the showers while I was on the field, I would be ticked. So I am OK with it in a game and weather like last night, but I think it is poor sportsmanship otherwise and poor team building.

 

Why say that protect your starters at all cost. I dont think the players on Lawrence Co. would have noticed what happened on the sidelines.

I think pulling your players out of uniform in a game is poor sportsmanship ... except when you have bad weather. Protecting your team health at this time of year makes it ok. If the weather is good, your starters should stay in uniform and show respect not only to the other team that works hard every day in practice but even more so to your own teammates who work their tails off to make the team successful. If I were a second or third team player and my teammates were in the showers while I was on the field, I would be ticked. So I am OK with it in a game and weather like last night, but I think it is poor sportsmanship otherwise and poor team building.

 

The weather was indeed horrible but the JV kids were very excited and to me were very happy and glad to be out there and showed some fire of keeping the shutout in-tack. I dont think LC players cared if they were/werenot out there.

Trenches07... I guess the first teamers will see how the JV did in the film session. Or do the first teamers get to leave films at the same time they left the game? It isn't all about the opponent. It is about supporting your teammates who make you better in practice every day. Football is a team sport and it takes more than 11 to make a great team.

If Bell defeats Rock, where would Bell play the following week? I'll be down there for Thanksgiving, and would like to watch my alma mater in action. Also, who is the likely matchup? Thanks.

If Bell defeats Rock, where would Bell play the following week? I'll be down there for Thanksgiving, and would like to watch my alma mater in action. Also, who is the likely matchup? Thanks.

 

Bell will likely play the #2 out of there district Knox Central at Log Mountain. But if Boyd Co. were to upset Knox Co. the Bobcats would then have to travel to Boyd Co. to play the Lions.

If Knox beats Boyd county,@ Boyd next week,( which I believe they will) then the Bobcats will have Knox at Log Mtn. Thanksgivivng weekend, If Boyd beats Knox then Bell will have to travel to Boyd.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.