Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 6A - Ryle @ Henry Clay

Who Wins? 74 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Henry Clay
      52%
      39
    • Ryle
      47%
      35

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm not sure why Ryle's coaching staff is getting ripped so bad. They were the only local team that gave Highlands a game, they lost 3 very close games to decent teams and have a team that always plays hard. That's the sign of good coaching - a team that gives 100%. Now maybe play-calling is not the best, but it continues to improve each week. I'll go on record as saying I'll be shocked if this is not a close game. No way that Hank Clay blows out Ryle in this one. It will probably be a shoot out.

 

Very good points.

 

I don't think anyone can question the Ryle coaching staff. Play calling, maybe, but people need to realize Ryle is still a young team so Warner is still trying to find a true identity for his team and trying to find what works best since they have been somewhat inconsistent.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle plays many sophs. and one freshman on Varsity. I am going to guess around 7. They have matured throughout the year as well as the rest of team. I am sure the bye week has given them some time and confidence to prepare for HC. Good Luck Raiders, I believe you will be making that 12 mile bus ride to redemption the following Friday.

I think Ryle under performs alot. I don't know why?? It might have a little to do with coaching. Thay usually have a ton of talent and don't do much with it..JMO....:confused:

Young or not, Ryle still has plenty of talent on that team to be far better than they are right now. Good coaches can take mediocre talent and turn it into something. The Ryle coaching staff can't turn exceptional talent into anything more than a playoff appearance.

This one should be tight,but I think HC pulls it out in the end.

Young or not, Ryle still has plenty of talent on that team to be far better than they are right now. Good coaches can take mediocre talent and turn it into something. The Ryle coaching staff can't turn exceptional talent into anything more than a playoff appearance.

I think your wrong. Ryle's play calling has been questionable, but the coaching is on track. It took me most of the season to realize that the Ryle coaching staff is structuring it's team and offense this year to be able to compete with the likes of St.X and Trinity in the state final in the next two years. IMO this is the transformation year for a powerhouse team and offense that will be a dominant force in the future.

I think your wrong. Ryle's play calling has been questionable, but the coaching is on track. It took me most of the season to realize that the Ryle coaching staff is structuring it's team and offense this year to be able to compete with the likes of St.X and Trinity in the state final in the next two years. IMO this is the transformation year for a powerhouse team and offense that will be a dominant force in the future.

 

I don't think Ryle has shown even a glimmer of hope to be able to compete at the same caliber of St. X and Trinity. How can the coaching be "on track" but play calling be questionable? A lot of coaching is the play calling and quite frankly, it's embarassing. The coaches don't call timeouts when they should be called, they have players in positions where they don't belong, and they don't use kids often enough who could be a dominant factor this year. I hope you're prediction is right, but I don't see it happening.

I don't think Ryle has shown even a glimmer of hope to be able to compete at the same caliber of St. X and Trinity. How can the coaching be "on track" but play calling be questionable? A lot of coaching is the play calling and quite frankly, it's embarassing. The coaches don't call timeouts when they should be called, they have players in positions where they don't belong, and they don't use kids often enough who could be a dominant factor this year. I hope you're prediction is right, but I don't see it happening.

 

It sounds like you have some kind of ax to grind with the coaching staff at Ryle. I see a team that plays hard and could very easily be a surprise team in the playoffs.

I don't think Ryle has shown even a glimmer of hope to be able to compete at the same caliber of St. X and Trinity. How can the coaching be "on track" but play calling be questionable? A lot of coaching is the play calling and quite frankly, it's embarassing. The coaches don't call timeouts when they should be called, they have players in positions where they don't belong, and they don't use kids often enough who could be a dominant factor this year. I hope you're prediction is right, but I don't see it happening.

 

Come on. There's far to consider about the overall quality of the coaching than just play calling. I agree that area has been questionable at times, but much better as of late. They have a new offensive coordinator who is trying to install a different style of offense, as well as learn what type of players he has and who can do what. It takes time. They have certainly made some mistakes - but also some nice adjustments - along the way and I think have positioned themselves nicely for next year and beyond. (Not that I don't think they have a decent change to win some more games this year!). Not exactly sure what players you feel are out of position and what "dominant" kids aren't playing enough. This is a solid team that plays very hard. They have good, but not exactly overwhelming talent. They are 9 points from being 8-2 this year against a strong schedule, so I don't see that the coaching staff has anything to be ashamed about. I appreciate the effort put forth by the Ryle staff this year and look for much success in the years ahead. :thumb:

It's amazing that Coach Warner and staff can go from being the greatest football minds ever to the worst coaches in the entire state all in the span of 2 years. Whatever happened to being loyal and supporting your coach/team no matter what?

Come on. There's far to consider about the overall quality of the coaching than just play calling. I agree that area has been questionable at times, but much better as of late. They have a new offensive coordinator who is trying to install a different style of offense, as well as learn what type of players he has and who can do what. It takes time. They have certainly made some mistakes - but also some nice adjustments - along the way and I think have positioned themselves nicely for next year and beyond. (Not that I don't think they have a decent change to win some more games this year!). Not exactly sure what players you feel are out of position and what "dominant" kids aren't playing enough. This is a solid team that plays very hard. They have good, but not exactly overwhelming talent. They are 9 points from being 8-2 this year against a strong schedule, so I don't see that the coaching staff has anything to be ashamed about. I appreciate the effort put forth by the Ryle staff this year and look for much success in the years ahead. :thumb:

 

A different style of offense? I appreciate your courtesy, but his different style is simply not knowing what he's doing. He obviously doesn't have the talent to create or call plays. Just because you love the game doesn't mean you belong on the sidelines or up in the box. I don't know how you can call a 1 yard pass play when you're 3rd and 15 a "different style". Come on. You have juniors and seniors who don't even touch the ball 5 times a game. And it's not because they can't play. How is any offensive kid on that team going to play in college when they don't even have enough plays to put together a decent recruiting tape?

 

It's amazing that Coach Warner and staff can go from being the greatest football minds ever to the worst coaches in the entire state all in the span of 2 years. Whatever happened to being loyal and supporting your coach/team no matter what?

 

If you plan on working in athletics you know what comes with the job. No one is going to pat any coach on the back for losing games they should win. Fans want results. The loyalty goes to the players, not the coaches.

Henry Clay by 3 TD's

A different style of offense? I appreciate your courtesy, but his different style is simply not knowing what he's doing. He obviously doesn't have the talent to create or call plays. Just because you love the game doesn't mean you belong on the sidelines or up in the box. I don't know how you can call a 1 yard pass play when you're 3rd and 15 a "different style". Come on. You have juniors and seniors who don't even touch the ball 5 times a game. And it's not because they can't play. How is any offensive kid on that team going to play in college when they don't even have enough plays to put together a decent recruiting tape? .

 

They are most definitely implementing a different type of offense. Granted, it's a slow (and sometimes painful) process, but this is a team that ran a Boone County-type offense for years and is now #2 in NKY in pass attempts (201), completions (127), and passing TD's (17), #3 in total passing yards (1362 yds.), and yet still has 1400 yards rushing. Has their been some questionable/frustrating play calling? Absolutely. I remember very clearly the 1-yard pass play you referenced and it made no sense at all. But I'd prefer to look at the totality of the coaches' work at season's end and I think there has been a lot of positives. I think they've continued to make adjustments throughout the season that give me every reason to believe they know what they're doing and have a plan in place going forward for the future. If the offense falls on its face next year, then I would agree that some wholesale griping might be in order. ;)

 

As for offensive players not touching the ball enough, I guess you'd have to be more specific, as I don't see it. Hempel is one of the leading passers in NKY. Eubanks is in the top 10 rushers in NKY (109 carries/735 yds/6 TD) and has 25 catches (191 yds/3 TD) to go with it. Elliott, a freshman, has 105 carries (521 yds/8 TD) - more than appropriate for a freshman. Ferguson's stats (39 catches/419 yds/6 TD's) place him in the top 7/8 WR's in NKY and he is also one of the top kickoff/punt returners. Helmer, who didn't even play football the past few years, has 346 receiving yds and 5 TD's. Nichols has probably been underused a bit, but he missed the first half of the season and has become a bigger part of the offense more recently.

 

I'm just not sure which juniors/seniors you think are being short-changed in this offense. They do not have a Vince Murray-type player on this team that deserves to touch the ball 200 times. And the WR's on this current team are far more fortunate than the WR's of the past few years. The green is sometimes not always greener. For instance, exactly who on Boone's team - besides Quainoo - is being showcased for college scouts?? Certainly not their QB or WR's. Who on SK's team besides Simpson? How would you like to be a RB on Conner's team (outside of West, they have about 125 team carries total)? At the end of the day, I think Ryle spreads it around fairly.

Cooperstown I totally agree with your assessment - obviously someone has an ax to grind. Ryle is becoming more of a balanced offense and that is what they need to compete in 6A.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.