Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County 38 Somerset 32

Featured Replies

Mama Bear, I thought the same thing when I read the Harlan Daily Saturday. He should have invited us to his pity party. :dancingpaGO BEARS:dancingpa

Now on the Wayne County.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to give reference to those quotes, they are from the Harlan Daily Enterprise and the Commonwealth Journal in Somerset.

Not to disagree but, SHS only has 6 Seniors.

  • One is out for the season due to injury, hasn't played in last several weeks.
  • One only kicks.
  • One doesn't play very much at all.
  • Two start on D only.
  • One starts both ways, and he only started playing D half way through the season.

HC has at least 15 listed on KHSAA roster.

 

Not making excuses just saying as I did earlier and the coach did we are a very young team.

Cobbs talent pool may be down some this year, he sure doesn't have a Cole on this team. However he has a lousey attitude, and likes to throw tempertantrums when things don't go his way. He needs to learn some sportsmanship.

Somerset has a load of talent on the Sophomore,Freshman level. They will be a force to be reconed with for the next few years.

Not to disagree but, SHS only has 6 Seniors.

  • One is out for the season due to injury, hasn't played in last several weeks.
  • One only kicks.
  • One doesn't play very much at all.
  • Two start on D only.
  • One starts both ways, and he only started playing D half way through the season.

HC has at least 15 listed on KHSAA roster.

 

Not making excuses just saying as I did earlier and the coach did we are a very young team.

Sounds a lot like excuses to me!! Harlan is 3 or 4 td's better at Harlan

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Not to disagree but, SHS only has 6 Seniors.
  • One is out for the season due to injury, hasn't played in last several weeks.
  • One only kicks.
  • One doesn't play very much at all.
  • Two start on D only.
  • One starts both ways, and he only started playing D half way through the season.

HC has at least 15 listed on KHSAA roster.

 

Not making excuses just saying as I did earlier and the coach did we are a very young team.

 

How many JR. are on that team?

How many JR. are on that team?

 

KHSAA Roster states 12.

Sounds a lot like excuses to me!! Harlan is 3 or 4 td's better at Harlan
Not making excuses at all, just correcting an earlier erroneous post that said each team had seven starting seniors.
Not making excuses at all, just correcting an earlier erroneous post that said each team had seven starting seniors.
I understand, I am sure Somerset is young and believe me I have a great respect for the football tradition there. I just think sometimes that it is good to give an opponent credit and not necessarily point out all the reasons why your team wasnt good enough to come out on top. Good luck to the Jumpers in the playoffs.

 

By the way how is the Cole kid doing at Vandy?

I had read some of those comments and they rubbed me wrong too. I'm not familiar with Coach Cobb. Is he usually such a cry baby? Maybe he was just having a bad day..... That first comment was a tad bit personal , I thought.

I've got a question MB, now that you've seen both Somerset and Estill County play your Bears, what prediction do you make for Somerset at Estill first round of the playoffs?

I'm not Mama Bear obviously, but I've seen them both play and I think Estill will definitely win, especially on their home field.

 

By the way, Somerset fans, get ready for some comfortable visitor side seats.....NOT, lol.

  • Author
I've got a question MB, now that you've seen both Somerset and Estill County play your Bears, what prediction do you make for Somerset at Estill first round of the playoffs?

 

I didn't get to go watch the Somerset game. Listened to it on the radio. The Bears made a bunch of silly mistakes against Somerset and let them make a game of it. Estill should win this one easily, especially against "a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds" as Cobb said. ;)

  • Author
I'm not Mama Bear obviously, but I've seen them both play and I think Estill will definitely win, especially on their home field.

 

By the way, Somerset fans, get ready for some comfortable visitor side seats.....NOT, lol.

 

Those seats are awful!

I've got a question MB, now that you've seen both Somerset and Estill County play your Bears, what prediction do you make for Somerset at Estill first round of the playoffs?

 

I'm Not MB, but I must say that Somerset would be better off using Friday as another practice day and then putting the pads up. The field will be sloppy and Estill will get in their shoe to shoe and destroy Somerset. Nothing against Somerset but Estill is just way to strong for the jumpers this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.