Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Western Hills / Lafayette Predictions

Western Hills / Lafayette 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Western Hills / Lafayette

    • Western Hills
      37%
      6
    • Lafayette
      62%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This week Lafayette comes to the Wolverine Den, you know Lafayette is pretty solid, but I think I like Western Hills and the home field advantage.

 

I'm gonna say Hills by a touchdown 28 - 21

This week Lafayette comes to the Wolverine Den, you know Lafayette is pretty solid, but I think I like Western Hills and the home field advantage.

 

I'm gonna say Hills by a touchdown 28 - 21

 

I'm Gonna say Hills scores a touchdown and Lafayette scores 5.

 

35-7 Lafayette.

I think the result of this game may hinge on WH's mental approach...they've lost a couple of tough games to cross-town rival Frankfort and district rival North Oldham...but Lafayette has had trouble scoring this year against decent defenses. The Generals have ridden a great defense to their current record.

 

I think one or two big plays may decide this one, and WH has the big-play ability to win it in a close one IF they can avoid the turnovers...

 

Hills' receivers have to get more separation than they did against North last week...

 

Could Lafayette be caught looking ahead to Trinity next week...?

 

Hard not to notice these scores: Lafayette 7, Franklin County 0 and WH 28, Franklin Co. 10.

You cannot use scores of like opponents to determine the ability of a team. That makes absolutely no sense.

Granted, comparing scores is a risky endeavor at best, but it sometimes is a useful litmus test. The fact is that different teams match up with common opponents in differing ways...still, the disparity in the ease of which the two teams defeated Franklin is intriguing... It's especially interesting since the game is between a 6A team (Lafayette) and a 3A team (Western Hills). When answering the question of how the team have fared against similar competition, the common opponents comparison is the best we have...

 

Does it tell us that WH will win, because they beat Franklin by more points? I would say NO. But I think it does tell us that WH has the capacity this year of playing with their larger opponent.

Edited by ColonelMike
additional thoughts...

42-10 Generals...just too much for a good Hills team.

Generals have only scored 40 points vs vastly inferior teams this year...WH is not an inferior team. I'm guessing the total points in this game doesn't reach 40...

  • Author

Hills defense has held up pretty strong all season even with the 2 losses to Frankfort and North Oldham. In the loss against FHS if you take away the 2 kickoffs and the punt that was returned for touchdowns Hills was in this game, and held Frankforts Quan Weaver to a little over 100 yards from the line of scrimage. Against NO yeah they gave up 200+ on the ground they still held North Oldham to only 17 points. The offense had a few blunders last week, but Coach Miller and these kids will get their heads clear and be ready to play.

 

Lafayette has only scored 40+ points against 2 teams this season and neither of those teams are the caliber of this Western Hills team.

21-10 LHS

Hills defense has held up pretty strong all season even with the 2 losses to Frankfort and North Oldham. In the loss against FHS if you take away the 2 kickoffs and the punt that was returned for touchdowns Hills was in this game, and held Frankforts Quan Weaver to a little over 100 yards from the line of scrimage. Against NO yeah they gave up 200+ on the ground they still held North Oldham to only 17 points. The offense had a few blunders last week, but Coach Miller and these kids will get their heads clear and be ready to play.

 

Lafayette has only scored 40+ points against 2 teams this season and neither of those teams are the caliber of this Western Hills team.

 

If IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts oh what a christmas we'd have. Can't play that game Pigskin, football is played in all aspects of the game, O, D and most importantly Special teams. I would have to agree with ColonelMike though, seems that LHS has hung 40 on easier teams. I look for this one to be close with the W going to Lafayette 28 - 24.

Lafayette 28-7.

  • Author
If IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts oh what a christmas we'd have. Can't play that game Pigskin, football is played in all aspects of the game, O, D and most importantly Special teams. I would have to agree with ColonelMike though, seems that LHS has hung 40 on easier teams. I look for this one to be close with the W going to Lafayette 28 - 24.

 

I agree 100% steamroller, and a good football team will capitalize on your mistakes and weaknesses. I guess I should have went on to say that Lafayette doesn't have near the speed of Frankfort High, nor do they have an offense comparable to North Oldhams. I believe this to be a close low scoring game that will be decided in the trenches, in which case I think favors Western Hills. If you look at the stats, and I know you can't use stats to determine if one team is better than another, and as you and ColonelMike have stated they have only scored 40+ points twice this season against lesser opponents. My point being it wouldn't be a blowout by Lafayette I wasn't trying to downplay Hills Losses to FHS and NO they were simply outplayed in one aspect or another in both cases, that being said Hills is a very good solid team and very capable of beating Lafayette.

  • Author

GO HILLS!!

 

Go out there tonight, work hard and pla some football

 

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

 

 

 

:dancingpa

L 22-14

Gotta pull for the Wolverines...it's great to see a school that's struggled in football finally having a breakthrough season. But my head says I have to pick Lafayette - but not by much.

 

Lafayette 21

Western Hills 17 (Cam kicks a 40+ yarder)

 

(Sorry, Pigskin)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.