Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St Xavier 35 Highlands 14 (JV)

Featured Replies

70 + Players on the sidelines for X, impressive.

 

#4 for X is going to really be something if he breaks a few bad habits.

St. X had some very nice athletes out there today. I thought the Birds fought hard but X had more talent at most positions. #4 is a very good back and reminds me of Barry Sanders.

 

Fennell playing RB in the 2nd half helped get the offense off the snide and Compton had a couple nice runs including a TD.

 

This is how you get better so definitely worth it for the Birds.

I stop out to watch this game this mornin, the birds didn't give up and didn't get shut out any. X a little out class for the birds.

35-14 is the exact score that I had predicted in the prediction thread before the game...WAY TO GO TIGERS!!! :ylsuper:

 

The #4 RB that is mentioned above is Lamont McMurray. He has been out injured all season, and just participated in his first JV game last Monday against Pleasure Ridge Park (reference my remarks in the St. X./PRP JV thread). In that game, Lamont ran for two TD's and caught a pass for another TD. He had two other long TD runs called back for a penalty. To many X followers, he looks like the second coming of Victor Anderson (the Barry Sanders of Tigertown). We are all very excited about watching him perform at the varsity level for the next two years.

 

Was #27, Daylen Hall, there today for the game? He is every bit as exciting as Lamont at RB, plus he is a great SS/LB on defense as well.

 

Another outstanding sophomore RB is Jay Hayden (#2), who has been out for the past three JV games with injury. Did he play today?

 

Needless to say, St. X. is LOADED at RB in the sophomore class. :thumb:

What is Highlands JV record this year?

 

5 and 3 I believe. I agree that #4 was something special out there.

St. X had some very nice athletes out there today. I thought the Birds fought hard but X had more talent at most positions. #4 is a very good back and reminds me of Barry Sanders.

 

Fennell playing RB in the 2nd half helped get the offense off the snide and Compton had a couple nice runs including a TD.

 

This is how you get better so definitely worth it for the Birds.

 

 

Once again, Compton was a workhorse.

HHS JV Vs X_10 25 08_4213.jpg

Edited by BGBird
Wrong picture...

70 + Players on the sidelines for X, impressive.

 

#4 for X is going to really be something if he breaks a few bad habits.

 

Wow - 70 + players on the sidelines - that is impressive for a JV team.

Great defensive timing by X on this play prevented Kyle Wells from coming down with the ball in the end zone.

HHS Vs. X-1.jpg

Those are great pictures...thanks for sharing them BGBird! :thumb:

As I was at this game watching this huge multi-platoon team, I just realized how much of a gap there still is between our 3A size school of HHS that plays up on 5A, and a true 6A school who has probably over 1400 boys to pick from. What a great program. I was a little disheartened by some of the comments made by the X fans during the game though. Their fans travel well. I also like the SUV and covered trailer for the medical staff. Nice touch for a JV football team to have that. Our Varsity and probably many other Varsities don't have such a thing. #4 was amazing but also was pretty much everyone else on that team. It was like our fast kids from Highlands were standing still when the X kids were running circles around them. I am not knocking HHS or the effort our boys put forth. X is just truly the fastest team I have ever seen. I think this X JV team has more all-around team speed than Colerain's Varsity. It just seemed like every kid on that team had break away speed and their D swarmed the ball perfectly. Their coaches were very complimentary to each player that came off the field after making a good play, they were told about it. I thought they were also pretty laid back for the most part, but if my team was firing on all cylinders, I guess I would be too. The refs had some questionable calls and there were a few times it seemed like they were confused. I didn't see them signal a few first downs and some other minor details. There was also the long run for a TD #4 but was called back. That kid has a 6th gear that I've never seen before. I am sure that he will play on the next level if he can get a little more size, which I think he will. Overall, I will say that X was everything I thought they were going to be and then some. Hats off to the Birds for hanging in there. Tough one to take on the chin, but sometimes it good to be humbled every once in awhile. It helps us keep perspective.

5 and 3 I believe. I agree that #4 was something special out there.

 

Thanks.

Loses to Colerain,CovCath,and St. Xavier...

St X's JV would be the #2 seed team in NKy 5A right now. I thought they were that good. They would beat most 5A and under Varsity teams across the state.

St X's JV would be the #2 seed team in NKy 5A right now. I thought they were that good. They would beat most 5A and under Varsity teams across the state.

 

I was thinkin the same thing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.