Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 48 South Laurel 14

Featured Replies

Final.

 

The weather conditions really hurt South, but Mercer was the better team. Listened to the South players during the game, and talked to a couple after the game. They are a classy group of young men.

They are not the only ones with problems. Campbellsville fired their head coach last week in mid season, which I have never heard of in high school. There is another one around that don't play defense since one assistant left and another came in, their whole program is sliding.

Congratulations Titans..Nice job of boucing back.

Great job of bouncing back Mercer. Good luck the rest of the year.

I agree, Mercer County is the better team, however South Laurel is having some major problems with their coaching staff. It has been reported that the OC told the team he didn't care if they won another game. In closing would anyone in this great state of Kentucky won't someone like him on their coaching staff with the attitude this man has showed while at SLHS.

 

I don't know anything about the situation but I would guess he said it in some context, as in "I don't care if we win another game as long as everyone gives me whatever they have." I maybe wrong though.

Sounds like some problems at SL.

 

Really big problems that must be worked out soon.

The 48-14 score doesn't surprise me, Mercer Co. is a really very good football team. The best of luck in the playoffs.:thumb:

Wonder if this is the beginning of a run for the Titans?

 

Yea Mercer is for real.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the state semifinals. Unfortunately, Fort Thomas Highlands will likely be making the trip to Harrodsburg for that round.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the state semifinals. Unfortunately, Fort Thomas Highlands will likely be making the trip to Harrodsburg for that round.

 

Asst. coach told me that they made some changes last week and that they really paid off. Heard that the sophmore QB looked alot better in his third start since the Titans lost their Sr. QB three weeks ago.

Asst. coach told me that they made some changes last week and that they really paid off. Heard that the sophmore QB looked alot better in his third start since the Titans lost their Sr. QB three weeks ago.

 

Weren't Trevor Short and Tre Dunne both sharing the QB position? The games I saw had Short and Dunne both playing QB. I never really thought of Short as the 'main' QB. IMO, Cornish has proven to me he is the better of the 3. Though he is young and a bit inexperienced, he has stepped up and is showing real potential. The gametime experience he is getting now at just a sophomore will benefit greatly the next 2 years.

Cornish is way better athletically than Short and Dunn, IMO. I have known of Cornish since he was in the 7th grade and I have always said that when he gets his head on straight, the sky is the limit for this kid. He is going to be a joy to watch grow over the next 2 years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.