Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lute Olson To Step Down As Arizona's Coach

Featured Replies

The names being floated around Tucson today are Calapari, Pearl and Gillispie. Don't shoot the messenger...

 

I know you're just reporting wht you heard but...

 

What kind of move is it for Pearl or BG? It's not up and it probably isn't latteral. Calipari on the other hand would go to a major conference. Wouldn't you think it would be somoene w/ less experience than Cal?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you're just reporting wht you heard but...

 

What kind of move is it for Pearl or BG? It's not up and it probably isn't latteral. Calipari on the other hand would go to a major conference. Wouldn't you think it would be somoene w/ less experience than Cal?

I'd say it would be a lateral move at worst for Pearl. Mens hoops is never going to be king at Tennessee...

I could understand Calipari or Pearl at least looking... Gillispie wouldn't make much sense to me, and that's not a homer opinion.

I could understand Calipari or Pearl at least looking... Gillispie wouldn't make much sense to me, and that's not a homer opinion.

Wouldn't make sense to me either. His recruiting base is in the SW and Zona is known for going after mostly WC kids...

I was hoping on seeing him get win number 800 this season.

Could Rick Barnes be mentioned as a possibility?

I'd say it would be a lateral move at worst for Pearl. Mens hoops is never going to be king at Tennessee...

 

 

What would Pat do?:scared:

Could Rick Barnes be mentioned as a possibility?

Not with the way he's been recruiting to Texas lately...

Not with the way he's been recruiting to Texas lately...

 

I doubt Calipari would leave after last season.

 

Sure, it's a major conference and major media, compared to CUSA.

 

But at Memphis, he can whip up on the nobodys, win thirty games a year, and pull in talent. You can't say that recently Arizona has had better talent. Look at what Cal is pulling in at Memphis and then you realize the significance of that. And you can't say that his team isn't prepared well enough in the CUSA, especially after last seasons championship game appearance.

 

Gillispie and Calipari will stay where they are. Pearl may leave, but I think Few from Gonzaga gets a look.

The interim, Mike Dunlap, was the head coach at Metro State College in Denver for nine seasons, where Dunlap posted a 248-50 (.832) record and won two national titles.

 

Maybe he will have success in his year at UA.

I'd think this would be the one job that could persuade Mark Few to leave Gonzaga....

 

I'll throw out another name....

 

Anthony Grant (although I think he waits until Florida comes open again.)

Anthony Grant (although I think he waits until Florida comes open again.)

 

While I still think Grant is going to make a great coach at a high level school, Arizona isn't a good fit. His recruiting area would kill him out there...

Sean Miller will likely be on the list as well...

Steve Lavin?

 

Kelvin Sampson?

Steve Lavin?

 

Kelvin Sampson?

 

Did the NCAA prohibit Sampson from taking a college job after the Indiana fiasco?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.