Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lute Olson To Step Down As Arizona's Coach

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprising.

 

I was standing next to him at an AAU event this summer and he had a hard time twisting off the cap on a bottle of water. Made me laugh...

  • Author
Not surprising.

 

I was standing next to him at an AAU event this summer and he had a hard time twisting off the cap on a bottle of water. Made me laugh...

 

The article says Olson is 74.

 

Seems to be conflicting reports as to whether he has stepped down or not...

Not surprising.

 

I was standing next to him at an AAU event this summer and he had a hard time twisting off the cap on a bottle of water. Made me laugh...

 

You laugh at an old man who is out of his prime because he could barely twist off a bottle and is no doubt very down right now because he can't keep coaching?:irked:

 

 

Okay a little overly dramatic, but I don't really see whats funny either.:confused:

You laugh at an old man who is out of his prime because he could barely twist off a bottle and is no doubt very down right now because he can't keep coaching?:irked:

 

 

Okay a little overly dramatic, but I don't really see whats funny either.:confused:

Guess you had to be there. I offered to get it for him, but he refused my services...

Arizona.Rivals.com confirms that he is stepping down and retiring.

 

He is kind of leaving on a bad note for himself, I think. I think he waited to long to announce this and it puts all his recruits in a tough situation. I think the divorce took a lot out of him.

Not trying to be critical of Lute, but his best or even good years had passed. It had been several years that Arizona had been relevant, even with their great talent.

He will be missed on the sidelines. An excellent coach.

 

:thumb: Class guy

So, who will get the Zona job? Should be a very interesting list...

Mark Few

-I have always heard that that was the job he was holding out for.

Bruce Pearl

-His style alone brings attention to him and that's what the Arizona boosters like.

Sean Miller

-A solid year will bring more recognition to Miller and his Xavier program which could possibly bring recognition to him to the UA faithful.

Somewhere in Italy Brandon Jennings is eating gelato and linguini and knowing he made the right decision.

The names being floated around Tucson today are Calapari, Pearl and Gillispie. Don't shoot the messenger...

^Not a chance.

 

I think, between the 3 of them, there is a decent chance.

 

BTW, I heard Dean Smith, Coach K, and Coach Mike Listerman.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.