Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry @ Sheldon Clark

Who You Like in this Game? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who You Like in this Game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The battle for the district championship is in Martin County Friday night....or is it?

 

Does Sheldon Clark have the lights ready on the new field or will the game be played on Saturday can someone let us know?

 

(I looked for a thread on this game but never found one.)

 

GO BIG RED!!!:fire::fire::fire:

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game will be at the Rock in Inez Friday. Lights are on.

I would say that this will be a great game and a good atmosphere.

Home team gets the advantage 24-14

Belfry 35-7.

Sheldon Clark will play mad and be very physical. Last time this game was played at the ROCk the cards one. I'm going to be a homer and take the cards in their biggest win of the year

 

SC-28

Belfry-20

I would think Belfry will handle Sheldon Clark. Against SC Bell had a big advantage with skill players. I assume Belfry has some very good skill players as well.

Belfry is not the same they have been the past few years. But they are still a good team. Should be a good match-up I don't see it being a blowout but I do think Belfry pulls out the hard fought victory.

Belfry is not the same they have been the past few years. But they are still a good team. Should be a good match-up I don't see it being a blowout but I do think Belfry pulls out the hard fought victory.

 

What makes you think Belfry is not the same? Who have you watched them against?

HC of Louisville and Lawrence.

HC of Louisville and Lawrence.

 

Fair enough... what in those games did you see about Belfry that makes you feel they aren't themselves aside from the fumbles and penalties?

HC of Louisville and Lawrence.

 

The first two games of the season.

 

I don't know how much anybody could really take from the Holy Cross/Belfry game. It was a physical mismatch and the game just wasn't competitive.

 

Lawrence County always plays Belfry very tough with the exception of 2007. This year was no different. That game in week 2 was one of those early season games Belfry had to struggle through. LC was playing well at the time and Belfry was going through some growing pains. It was a good learning tool.

 

I would judge a typical Belfry team at the end of the season and not the beginning. They almost always start slow and build from there, particularly this season.

 

They have had to make a lot of adjustments on the line that have taken some growing into but is starting to pay dividends. I think, they have more depth up front this year because they have had to play more younger guys at different times because of early season injuries and/or other losses on the line.

 

This Belfry team may not be as good as last years team, but they are not that far off. Sheldon Clark is not as good of a team as they had in 2007 either by all reports.

 

I think the Pirates are 3-4 TDs better than the Cardinals. I expect a 35-14 or 35-7 type game in Belfry's favor.

The first two games of the season.

 

I don't know how much anybody could really take from the Holy Cross/Belfry game. It was a physical mismatch and the game just wasn't competitive.

 

Lawrence County always plays Belfry very tough with the exception of 2007. This year was no different. That game in week 2 was one of those early season games Belfry had to struggle through. LC was playing well at the time and Belfry was going through some growing pains. It was a good learning tool.

 

I would judge a typical Belfry team at the end of the season and not the beginning. They almost always start slow and build from there, particularly this season.

 

They have had to make a lot of adjustments on the line that have taken some growing into but is starting to pay dividends. I think, they have more depth up front this year because they have had to play more younger guys at different times because of early season injuries and/or other losses on the line.

 

This Belfry team may not be as good as last years team, but they are not that far off. Sheldon Clark is not as good of a team as they had in 2007 either by all reports.

 

I think the Pirates are 3-4 TDs better than the Cardinals. I expect a 35-14 or 35-7 type game in Belfry's favor.

 

 

It took Belfry stomping SC and dominating Johnson Central last year before people started touting that squad as "The Best Belfry Team of All-Time".. up until that point Belfry's season was pretty identical to how it has been thsufar, save the Lawrence County game and Belfry actually dominating Pike Central moreso than last season.

 

Now I have heard alot of grumblings about Belfry being "overrated", "not playing anyone", and how they will get killed by Johnson Central. This all may be true, but everyone forgets this is the majority of last year's 14-1 State Runner-Up squad who thusfar this year has one of the Top 5 rushing teams in the state, 4 or 5 backs avergaing 10 yards per carry, and one of the state's leaders in margin of victory. Belfry has not played a challenging schedule, but people forget that the pirates have around 4 or 5 3-year starters on both sides of the ball, that have played in BIG TIME games. They have another 4 or 5 players on each side of the ball who either started last season or contributed for that Belfry team who rolled until the State Finals.

 

I have a gut feeling that Sheldon Clark and some of their fans' responses that have been made public has woken a sleeping giant and this might get ugly.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.