Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Western Hills/North Oldham Predictions

Who Wins this District Matchup 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins this District Matchup

    • North Oldham
      56%
    • Western Hills
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This week Western Hills Travels up the road to North Oldham for a big District game. Can Hills put the loss to Frankfort behind them and take care of business?

 

Western Hills by a touchdown. 35 - 28

North Oldham 28-21.

I am going with the WHHS. They will have a different look in their eye this week. I think Coach Miller and the gang bounce back pull out a close one.

 

Don't know anything about North Oldham other than they have a good coaching staff. But sitting at 7-0 this team might be right for the upset.

 

 

WHHS 27

 

N. Oldham 21

North Oldham 32

Western Hills 24

NO 35-17

  • Author

Western Hills defense has played well all season, had a few kinks last week on special teams, but I think Coach Miller will get those worked out for this week.

WHHS has a talented junior class, and Coach Miller has done an awesome job of drawing that talent out. North won the matchup in Frankfort last year, 36-6, and the 2008 Mustangs are better than the 2007 version due to the experience on both lines and the versatility of QB Chase Maddox. They're also deep at RB; despite injuries to two different RBs, they've simply plugged in another back who produces...credit a great OL.

 

Curry is an impressive QB, and has the capacity to make big plays for the Wolverines. But at home in Goshen, and perhaps on a wet field, I like the team with the better trench players.

 

North Oldham 28, Western Hills 21

  • Author
WHHS has a talented junior class, and Coach Miller has done an awesome job of drawing that talent out. North won the matchup in Frankfort last year, 36-6, and the 2008 Mustangs are better than the 2007 version due to the experience on both lines and the versatility of QB Chase Maddox. They're also deep at RB; despite injuries to two different RBs, they've simply plugged in another back who produces...credit a great OL.

 

Curry is an impressive QB, and has the capacity to make big plays for the Wolverines. But at home in Goshen, and perhaps on a wet field, I like the team with the better trench players.

 

North Oldham 28, Western Hills 21

 

Oh! Hills remembers all to well the butt whoppin they took last year, and NO is a solid team, but Hills also has a few weapons in their arsenal with several kids that can run the ball along with Curry's passing ability.

 

I would have to go with Hills defense from the LOS they have been pretty good against the run this season.

 

All that being said this should be a very good and close game, But I'm afraid I would have to turn that score around I'll still say Hills 35 - NO 28

  • Author

One more thing ColnelMike how about some directions from hills to north Oldhams Field.

I broadcast last year's game in Frankfort, and one of the thoughts I had throughout that game was that WH had talent, but just "wasn't there" yet. Curry was impressive in that loss. I predicted on-air that they would have a much better year this year, and they've made me look good. :laugh:

 

And - while a WH win wouldn't surprise me a bit - I think NO is much better this year than last.

 

Either way, this should be a great game to watch.

 

This will be just the second game ever at North's field...

 

From Frankfort, probably the simplest directions would be to take I-64 into Jefferson County and then take I-265 (Snyder Freeway) north until it ends at US42. Turn RIGHT and go about 5 miles to KY 1793 (red light) Turn left; the campus will come up shortly on your right. (HS / MS / Elementary)

 

Should take you about an hour.

 

See you there!

I think NO is much better this year than last.

 

Either way, this should be a great game to watch.

I agree.

WHHS has a talented junior class, and Coach Miller has done an awesome job of drawing that talent out. North won the matchup in Frankfort last year, 36-6, and the 2008 Mustangs are better than the 2007 version due to the experience on both lines and the versatility of QB Chase Maddox. They're also deep at RB; despite injuries to two different RBs, they've simply plugged in another back who produces...credit a great OL.

 

Curry is an impressive QB, and has the capacity to make big plays for the Wolverines. But at home in Goshen, and perhaps on a wet field, I like the team with the better trench players.

 

North Oldham 28, Western Hills 21

 

What type of surface does NO have? Is it field turf?I will be pulling for WHHS but will give NO the edge in this game.

Natural grass - but, unlike other natural grass fields at this time of year, this field is in pretty good shape...they just played their first-ever game on it last week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.