Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie / Boone County Predictions

Featured Replies

Boone Co. 28-21.

Does anyone know the condition of Alford? The QB for the rebels? I think if Boone is without him its a closer ball game than if he is playing, But I still think Boone wins by 14. Also I hope Boone doesn't loom past Dixie this week to Ryle next week.

Edited by Boonecofan

Dixie's D seems to be very young and inexperienced. Expect Boone to keep implementing the running game and put up some points.

 

BC 42

DH 17

Leatherneck - you are correct that Dixie plays Highlands, Beechwood and Cov Cath right out of the gate every year and are starting with usually the most difficult teams they will face during the regular season, so when they hit the teams not as difficult, they win more and do look better. Dixie is in shape at the beginning of the season but do have to "work it out" to see who should play what position and that may take longer than two scrimmage games to experiment.

 

Did anyone go to the Boone Co SK Game? Was Miles Simpson off or was he shut down? SK is pretty much dependant on how Miles plays/performs whether they win or lose.

 

Dixie 21 Boone 17

 

Dixie wants to win - Boone only beat Conner by 7 and Dixie made the wheels come off Conner when they played.

Did anyone go to the Boone Co SK Game? Was Miles Simpson off or was he shut down? SK is pretty much dependant on how Miles plays/performs whether they win or lose.

 

 

I was at the Boone/SK game and Boone shut down Miles. He only got 24 yards on 10 carries. Boone jumped out to a big lead which caused SK to probably pass more than they wanted too.

 

As to Boone only beating conner bye 7 and Dixie pretty much handling them. Conner's QB West went down with an injury and Conner shot themselves in the foot on a lot of drives. So I don't think you can base predictions on solely the conner game.

Boone is now getting to the tough end of their schedule. IMO they will lose their next four games.

I was at the Boone/SK game and Boone shut down Miles. He only got 24 yards on 10 carries. Boone jumped out to a big lead which caused SK to probably pass more than they wanted too.

 

As to Boone only beating conner bye 7 and Dixie pretty much handling them. Conner's QB West went down with an injury and Conner shot themselves in the foot on a lot of drives. So I don't think you can base predictions on solely the conner game.

 

I wouldn't call it shutting him down. He had 10 carries. His team was playing catch up the whole game which means he isn't going to get touches plus he sat half the game after the hit on Alford. As for only 24 yards on the 10 they shut down SK's line not Simpson. It was almost like they were o'lay blocking Boone.

Does anyone know the condition of Alford? The QB for the rebels? I think if Boone is without him its a closer ball game than if he is playing, But I still think Boone wins by 14. Also I hope Boone doesn't loom past Dixie this week to Ryle next week.

 

Nate Alford is going to be out for the next couple of weeks but he may return, everyone will just have to wait and see.

 

I see no problem with senior Mike Walsh stepping it up at quarterback these next few weeks. Considering he has played Qb all of his football career except for this season, were he was moved to play defense back.

Dixie wants to win - Boone only beat Conner by 7 and Dixie made the wheels come off Conner when they played.

 

I wouldn't really compare scores in a game like this. But if we're going to didn't SK dominate Dixie? And Boone just took SK behind the woodshed.

 

Also Conner/Boone is a rivalry game. It's more often than not going to be close every year.

 

Boone big.

RRfootballWC,

 

Im disagreeing with your statement, Boone is playing better ball then they did last year!

 

If you really believe that is going to happen,

Ill buy you tickets to there next three home games Dixie,Ryle,and Henry Clay

and even find you transportation to get down to Madison Central on Nov. 7th

In the game against SK Dixie had a different QB play most of the game and both QB's had never played varsity ball, they were both out most of last year with injuries. I think the team has improved since Dixie played SK, which was the second game of the year. In the Conner game Dixie was right their with Conner the whole game and West was not injured till late in the third quarter. Hopefully the Dixie team will come out and surprise some people.

Edited by wilsa611
wrong info

Thanks nees and goldsmith for your thoughts. :thumb:

RRfootballWC,

 

Im disagreeing with your statement, Boone is playing better ball then they did last year!

 

If you really believe that is going to happen,

Ill buy you tickets to there next three home games Dixie,Ryle,and Henry Clay

and even find you transportation to get down to Madison Central on Nov. 7th

 

 

I do agree that the next four games is going to be tough, but also think Boone will play very well in these next four games. I think Boone is for real in northern KY 6A. I guess we will see starting tonight.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.