Cats Pause-16th Region

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be better in 09/10? You could make an arguement for a select few teams (Rose Hill, East Carter, Fairview) but you cant say that one team will be head and shoulders above them. In 10/11, I guess I could have use my words better than reginal favorite. What I meant by that is they will be as good as any team in the region that year and yes both years they will compete for the regional championship.

You forgot Ashland and Greenup, I could go on. So after the big 3 graduate from there, you think they'll be favorites? Really?

You forgot Ashland and Greenup, I could go on. So after the big 3 graduate from there, you think they'll be favorites? Really?

They will be as good as anyone eles for the following 2 years once this years class graduates.

I agree. There is talent in the younger grades at Elliott County that have never had their chance to shine. Elliott is a top 3 team in 09/10 and will compete for the regional championship and in 10/11 they will probably be the favorite again.

This is quite comical. :laugh: There will be a big drop off after this years seniors graduate.

I disagree. Elliott Co has a 6'6 soph., not named Knipp, that could start for either one of those teams next year. He may get 5 minutes a game next for for Elliott Co. After this year, Elliott will have the best player in the region for 2 years and add that with some of the other young talent and I am confident you will see Elliott in the running for the region in 09/10 and 10/11. Really I dont even see how anyone on this board, other than the Elliott fans, could make any predicitions on how good Elliott will be after this year because you have only seen their players that will be on the team that year play very little.

I know this thread is about the 16th this season and we've gone off the deep end here forecasting the future, so I'll follow suit. First, with the circus that has followed the Knipp saga last season, who in their right mind believes he's gonna stay at Elliott (unless you are from Elliott)? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a myriad of other places. Second, in the event he stays at Elliott, I don't think I'd jump the guy with annointing him the best player in the region quite yet. Let's see how the season in this region plays out first. I believe there's a Barnhill kid at East and Terry kid from Rose Hill who may disagree with that. I don't care who they have nor how tall they are waiting in the wings, they don't have Ethan Faulkner, who is the difference maker. They don't have Jonathan Ferguson who is currently the best player in this region. So, I'll simply sit and watch the # of Elliott posters and their posts multiply like rabbits this season and in turn watch them drop like flies the next.

I am looking forward to watching Elliott this season, they are fun to watch!!

I know this thread is about the 16th this season and we've gone off the deep end here forecasting the future, so I'll follow suit. First, with the circus that has followed the Knipp saga last season, who in their right mind believes he's gonna stay at Elliott (unless you are from Elliott)? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a myriad of other places. Second, in the event he stays at Elliott, I don't think I'd jump the guy with annointing him the best player in the region quite yet. Let's see how the season in this region plays out first. I believe there's a Barnhill kid at East and Terry kid from Rose Hill who may disagree with that. I don't care who they have nor how tall they are waiting in the wings, they don't have Ethan Faulkner, who is the difference maker. They don't have Jonathan Ferguson who is currently the best player in this region. So, I'll simply sit and watch the # of Elliott posters and their posts multiply like rabbits this season and in turn watch them drop like flies the next.

I am looking forward to watching Elliott this season, they are fun to watch!!

He's got the ability to be the best player in the region THIS YEAR.

If the folks from Elliott say they talent is in their system, I would have to believe them. I would never underestimate what is going on in Sandy Hook right now.

He's the fourth best player on his team NOW!!

Exactly. And when the other 3 are gone, assuming he stays, he'll be required to handle that scoring load, rebounding load, assist load by his lonesome. Elliott has a solid 7th gr. team. I doubt that when they are freshmen and he's a Sr. that they will be the "regional favorites".

Wow. Here is my philosophy. I would like to just enjoy the upcoming season and not dwell in the future. You have heard the song and verse from the Bible that says, "One Day at a Time". In this case "One Season at a Time."

The 09/10 season is a long ways away and the 08/09 season has enough challenges of its own without thinking 2-4 years down the road. Heck many of us may not even be here that far down the road. Let us just enjoy today and the next game. Elliott has so many variables after this season to say they will be bad, average, or good is liking throwing darts into the ocean and hoping to hit a whale. Not trying to demean anybody for the conversation just saying any speculation is futile at best.

Wow. Here is my philosophy. I would like to just enjoy the upcoming season and not dwell in the future. You have heard the song and verse from the Bible that says, "One Day at a Time". In this case "One Season at a Time."

The 09/10 season is a long ways away and the 08/09 season has enough challenges of its own without thinking 2-4 years down the road. Heck many of us may not even be here that far down the road. Let us just enjoy today and the next game. Elliott has so many variables after this season to say they will be bad, average, or good is liking throwing darts into the ocean and hoping to hit a whale. Not trying to demean anybody for the conversation just saying any speculation is futile at best.

agreed:thumb:

I just love how everyone has became Elliott County haters all of a sudden. I guess that comes along with success. All I know is that Elliott has the potential to win the Sweet Sixteen this season. We'll worry about 2012 when we get there.