Cov Cath JV Football

As a CCH fan, I agree 100% with you. Frosh level has not always been the best predictor necessarily how a team will do in Varsity, but definitely a indicator how much talent there is. The CCH/HHS frosh games always are a good predictor.

If you go back through the years:

Class of 2005 Birds beat CCH like 7-6 as Frosh. Then when Seniors the finals were like a combined 26-0 for 2 games. Of Course some of those frosh for CCH ended up playing for Birds.

Class of 2006 CCH beat Birds by like 3 as Frosh. Then when Seniors HHS wins on gamewinning TD with less than a minute to play

Class of 2007 CCH beat HHS by 2 TDS as Frosh then beat them as seniors twice

Class of 2008 HHS beats CCH by like 4 TDS as Frosh, then by like a avg of 4 tds in 2 games

Class of 2009 HHS beats CCH by like 4-5 TDS as Frosh. Not close this year.

Class of 2010 HHS beats CCH by like 50 as Frosh. Next year CCH has a very weak senior class

Class of 2011 HHS wins in OT.

Class of 2012 HHS wins late in 4th.

So to me CCH and HHS will have some unbelievable games coming up, but not next year. In 2 years it should be very competitive again. It just all comes down on to the development of these players.

The Class of 2004 game had Highlands win on a last second field goal that was almost a 50-yarder.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a CCH fan, I agree 100% with you. Frosh level has not always been the best predictor necessarily how a team will do in Varsity, but definitely a indicator how much talent there is. The CCH/HHS frosh games always are a good predictor.

If you go back through the years:

Class of 2005 Birds beat CCH like 7-6 as Frosh. Then when Seniors the finals were like a combined 26-0 for 2 games. Of Course some of those frosh for CCH ended up playing for Birds.

Class of 2006 CCH beat Birds by like 3 as Frosh. Then when Seniors HHS wins on gamewinning TD with less than a minute to play

Class of 2007 CCH beat HHS by 2 TDS as Frosh then beat them as seniors twice

Class of 2008 HHS beats CCH by like 4 TDS as Frosh, then by like a avg of 4 tds in 2 games

Class of 2009 HHS beats CCH by like 4-5 TDS as Frosh. Not close this year.

Class of 2010 HHS beats CCH by like 50 as Frosh. Next year CCH has a very weak senior class

Class of 2011 HHS wins in OT.

Class of 2012 HHS wins late in 4th.

So to me CCH and HHS will have some unbelievable games coming up, but not next year. In 2 years it should be very competitive again. It just all comes down on to the development of these players.

2006 Cov. Cath beat Highlands twice. Regular season game by a last second Touchdown pass.

So the same coaches at CCH are winning games on the JV level??????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

Sounds like it is not the system or coaches at the Varsity level......

Or it could be all the juniors playing at the JV level against the sophs and freshmen of the other teams...

Or it could be all the juniors playing at the JV level against the sophs and freshmen of the other teams...

So playing juniors against sophs and frosh in JV games, so that's how it's done! Mr. Reality, I have a really great idea for you! When CovCath plays HHS again, you should bring back Pop, Brownie, Josh, Joe and Peter then you might have a chance. Oh wait a second, would Brossart still be coaching? He would! Darn..... Oh well, chalk up another win for HHS!

So can HHS expect Brossart to be there or not? That will be a huge factor in the puzzle don't you agree!

Hopefully they'll be a bright future for the Colonels, b/c these past two years have been embarrassing to say the least.

lol, Cov Cath is as good as any team up here besides Highlands. How is that embarassing? I'm sure plenty of people will want to argue this, and have at it, but you're wasting your breath because like it or not, it's the truth. Highlands is the only team better up here in NKY. That is not embarassing.

lol, Cov Cath is as good as any team up here besides Highlands. How is that embarassing? I'm sure plenty of people will want to argue this, and have at it, but you're wasting your breath because like it or not, it's the truth. Highlands is the only team better up here in NKY. That is not embarassing.

How do you explain the Beechwood score?

I don't think anyone should be embarrassed, but I have to say that Beechwood is obviously better, do to head-to-head competition.

Didn't you just lose to a 1A school down the street????:laugh::laugh:

How do you explain the Beechwood score?

I don't think anyone should be embarrassed, but I have to say that Beechwood is obviously better, do to head-to-head competition.

I am of the belief that CovCath could have and should have won the game. Beechwoood is good but I wouldnt say they are much better than Covcath, if at all. Like I said, I believe Covcath could have won that game.