Carroll County 45 Trimble County 26

SuperB

1. I am not dogging anyone just stating what I see, and alot of others as well. 2. I am only making suggestions based on my veiw of the game I watched. 3. I can assure you I do not know it all, nor do I think "that no-one knows more than I do" either. 4. I dont Coach TC so cant tell you who should be at QB I am sure though as I have said before TC's Coach should know. Maybe all he has is #5 and he is doing a great job.:thumb:

Agreed. You don't know it all. BUT...with all of your accusations you must have an opinion. Again, I'll ask you. Who should TC use as QB, so that Sullivan can just be a tailback or receiver? What offensive plan would you use for a small offensive line made even smaller with two starters out this week and another returning for the first time since the Casey game? It's easy to point out problems, but harder to find solutions for those problems.

As for your "alot of others as well" I have heard all this before. It's amazing to me that so many people OUTSIDE of TC have such respect for Coach Poynter for what he has done with a TC program that was 0-25 or so when he took over and had not had a winning season in over 20 years. He turned both of those things around, but people complained even when we win. I heard people jealous when Coach used star runningback David Bird as his primary work horse...and people from beyond the TC border thought those doubters were crazy. Like I said, I've heard it all before.

Agreed. You don't know it all. BUT...with all of your accusations you must have an opinion. Again, I'll ask you. Who should TC use as QB, so that Sullivan can just be a tailback or receiver? What offensive plan would you use for a small offensive line made even smaller with two starters out this week and another returning for the first time since the Casey game? It's easy to point out problems, but harder to find solutions for those problems.

As for your "alot of others as well" I have heard all this before. It's amazing to me that so many people OUTSIDE of TC have such respect for Coach Poynter for what he has done with a TC program that was 0-25 or so when he took over and had not had a winning season in over 20 years. He turned both of those things around, but people complained even when we win. I heard people jealous when Coach used star runningback David Bird as his primary work horse...and people from beyond the TC border thought those doubters were crazy. Like I said, I've heard it all before.

First let me say that I am not sure that I would not use Sullivan #5 as QB but I can assure you he would never step foot on my Defensive side of the ball except to receive punts. I would maybe find a second QB that could throw, a primary passer not huge deep routes all the time but short quick outs, ins, dumps, screens...ie..to #5 free him up more, snap the ball to #5 every so often then to your second QB its Poynters job to find this person regardless of last name or likeability just play the kid that will help you open up the options. Keep your opponents guessing. I understand about missing lineman again Coaches job to find suitable replacements. Is this not true or am I way off base.I do not have all the answers for TC and I know that all the parents and others dont either but I do see a different game because I am loking through un-biased eyes. I have nothing to gain and nothing to loose. Just want to help fellow Coaches and friends out.:thumb:

First let me say that I am not sure that I would not use Sullivan #5 as QB but I can assure you he would never step foot on my Defensive side of the ball except to receive punts. I would maybe find a second QB that could throw, a primary passer not huge deep routes all the time but short quick outs, ins, dumps, screens...ie..to #5 free him up more, snap the ball to #5 every so often then to your second QB its Poynters job to find this person regardless of last name or likeability just play the kid that will help you open up the options. Keep your opponents guessing. I understand about missing lineman again Coaches job to find suitable replacements. Is this not true or am I way off base.I do not have all the answers for TC and I know that all the parents and others dont either but I do see a different game because I am loking through un-biased eyes. I have nothing to gain and nothing to loose. Just want to help fellow Coaches and friends out.:thumb:

Unbiased eyes...tell me another one JARS. :lol:

Again, you list no names, just that coach is supposed to find these players.

That tells me one of two things. #1) You don't want to say who for "some" reason or #2) you honestly don't know much about the experience and readiness of the members of the team.

I have no idea what your mention of "last name" means...or likeability either. Coach has the responsibility to put the players in key positions that he can rely on...not ones that seem to get in trouble with grades or behavior and who would be questionable on a weekly basis. He also has to use the players who are coachable and able to keep their heads about them during the game.

You mention "fellow coaches"...I am curious as to what high school football team that you have coached before.

Wasnt David Bird that one rusher who ran for almost 5,000 yards in his career? He also played LB didnt he? If he didnt get over worked, i dont know who did, is, or ever will be. Im sure that Larry Sullivan can live for the moment and I am absolutely sure, based on past experiences with him in football and basketball, he can handle his workload and he wants to.

Wasnt David Bird that one rusher who ran for almost 5,000 yards in his career? He also played LB didnt he? If he didnt get over worked, i dont know who did, is, or ever will be. Im sure that Larry Sullivan can live for the moment and I am absolutely sure, based on past experiences with him in football and basketball, he can handle his workload and he wants to.

Bird was just a couple of hundred yards short of 5000 yds when his career ending injury occurred. Hawkes, last year's QB who is now playing for Hanover College, was a two way starter, too. It's pretty common in small schools, to use your best athletes two ways.

Jars, I know it seems simple to pull Larry off "d". But have you ever seen the Ky. Derby won on a mule? No, you have to ride a thouroughbred to win the roses. Going both ways is just part of the deal in class 1a and in some cases even goes all the way to 6a. You pull Larry off the field on D and you leave that side of the field very vulnerable. Larry is a good athlete, great competitor and seems to be every bit as good a kid. Great WIN panthers! Your preparation has allowed you to perform, and prevail. You have done it with pride, passion and PURPOSE! LONG LIVE N.H. in OUR HEARTS FOREVER!

BEAT OWEN!

Jars, I know it seems simple to pull Larry off "d". But have you ever seen the Ky. Derby won on a mule? No, you have to ride a thouroughbred to win the roses. Going both ways is just part of the deal in class 1a and in some cases even goes all the way to 6a. You pull Larry off the field on D and you leave that side of the field very vulnerable. Larry is a good athlete, great competitor and seems to be every bit as good a kid. Great WIN panthers! Your preparation has allowed you to perform, and prevail. You have done it with pride, passion and PURPOSE! LONG LIVE N.H. in OUR HEARTS FOREVER!

BEAT OWEN!

I saw Good Counsel from Washington DC play last week on ESPN and they had the #9 player in the nation and he played RB and LB.:sssh:

It is easy to coach from the stands- Coach Poynter does not need your help. If other players would step up then maybe he would not have to play defense. But, I bet this is 1A ball and a lot of guys play both ways. Obviously the JV QB is not ready or this kid could play HB. Coach P will be coaching long after people are done throwing him under the bus for having a young inexperienced team.

Great Point Tall Trees! Most of the teams in this area do a great deal of winning with truly very little talent, and do it, with their best kids maybe only coming off the field for a special team or two. Some of these kids get grinded in the ground over a 4 year period and may get to go to the next level, but most don't. It is thru hard work, long days of heat in the summer, heavy days of lifting in the winter, and long days & nights by coaches that go into this thing we all love. High School football. Let's all ease up on each other and know that their is not a coach out there that is not doing what they feel is in the best interest of the kids and winning football games for the fans. Peace and chicken grease!

It is easy to coach from the stands- Coach Poynter does not need your help. If other players would step up then maybe he would not have to play defense. But, I bet this is 1A ball and a lot of guys play both ways. Obviously the JV QB is not ready or this kid could play HB. Coach P will be coaching long after people are done throwing him under the bus for having a young inexperienced team.

Knute you are absolutely correct he doesnt need anyones help on here, he is perfectly capable all by himself of Coaching that is why he is the Head Coach of TC. Yes it is very easy to Coach from the stands, no pressure, no stress, no worries you can see the whole game to. And yes other players probably do need to step up or be given the chance to step up, I dont know. I am just like all the rest of you here just giving my own opinion. No offense, I hope, I have never meant any harm, not by anything that I have ever said.:thumb:

Congrats to Carroll Co.! Saw the game and was very impressed by the teamwork that I saw on the Panther team. They really are fun to watch this year.

Very impressed by the TC fan supprt as usual and #5 is a hard one to stop.

Good Luck to Trimble the rest of their season!

Bird was just a couple of hundred yards short of 5000 yds when his career ending injury occurred. Hawkes, last year's QB who is now playing for Hanover College, was a two way starter, too. It's pretty common in small schools, to use your best athletes two ways.

TBG, you know how it is in the small schools... kids that have a little talent, or a bunch of desire, seemingly never come off the field, or court as it were. I know that my son seemingly never came off the field. He was rewarded for all of his efforts with a scholarship offer to play at the next level. I see nothing wrong with playing a kid both ways as long as he is in shape, and wants to carry that load. As my son said, #5 probably wants to play every snap. Honestly, in a kid like that, if he did not want to play every snap we would all be disappointed in him a little would we not?? Go Raiders... I hope all of the players remain healthy and strong. :thumb:

Come to think of it, I haven't lost a game in years!!!;)