Highlands 21 Campbell County 15 (Frosh)

Campbell had the early lead 8-6

Highlands came back to take a 21-8 lead.

Campbell scored again to make it 21-15 and were driving with about a minute left before an interception by the Birds ends it.

Edited by RoadRunner
Cov Cath on the Brain & on FSN

Cov Cath scored again to make it 21-15 and were driving with about a minute left before an interception by the Birds ends it.

What?

Cov Cath scored again to make it 21-15 and were driving with about a minute left before an interception by the Birds ends it.

Campbell.

Good game by both sides. 39 (of HHS) I think was the number, but he is a stud.

Campbell.

Good game by both sides. 39 (of HHS) I think was the number, but he is a stud.

Probably Jake True your talking about. I didnt get up there tonight but I heard it was a good game. Congrats on the victory Birds and staying undefeated.

Great game by both teams. Hard fought and could have gone either way. Campbell has some big players, and I don't mean sloppy big , but at the fresh level look like they could be D1 big.

Hard hitting and congrats to the Birds.

Hope the player for Campbell that left at half was OK. That did not look good.

Two very nice teams. Highlands outclassed the Camels in Q3, Camels made a game of it in the last quarter putting themselves in position.

I had this one wrong, I thought it would come down to the Camel D vs. the Bird's O, but it truly came down to the Birds making adjustments for the Q3 to shut down a tremendous running game of the Camels.

True should get the accolades for the Birds, but Popp for the Camels may have been the story of the night.

WOW! I only saw the 1st quarter and thought the Birds were in for a long night. CC Ran the ball right down the HHS throat for the first score of the game. HHS came right back with True leading a drive, but it stalled about the 20. CC took over and was on the march again when I had to leave. My son came home and told me the Bird's won. Way to fight back Birds! but y'all are going to give Charlie a heart attack if you keep this come from behind act up! (LOL)

Simply a great frosh game. My hat is off to the kids on both teams. The game ebbed and flowed. At the beginning of the game, I thought it was going to be a long night for the Birds. Second quarter was balanced. Third quarter was all Birds. In the fourth quarter it looked like the Camels were going to come back and win it. But for an interception by Sheehan with about a minute to go, this one might have belonged to the Camels. It was a well thrown ball, just a little too long. If the Camels had had more time, a pass would not have been needed as they were running the ball very well.

Hopefully a Camel fan can give us a report on their player that went to the hospital and I hope he is okay. I think he was the player that took the wicked hit from number 69 of the Birds that had 69 still trying to get the cob webs out a couple of plays later.

But other than the injury, a great game that both teams, including coaches and fans, should be very proud of. :thumb:

Towles and Sheehan both had huge interceptions for the Birds. These picks were game changing and stopped the Camels' O-line drives. Camels will be a force at the Varsity level. It would be good to see these two teams scheduled in a of couple years.

A blockbuster game played by both teams.

The 5-0 Birds face Dixie, at Highlands next Thrus at 5pm

Simply a great frosh game. My hat is off to the kids on both teams. The game ebbed and flowed. At the beginning of the game, I thought it was going to be a long night for the Birds. Second quarter was balanced. Third quarter was all Birds. In the fourth quarter it looked like the Camels were going to come back and win it. But for an interception by Sheehan with about a minute to go, this one might have belonged to the Camels. It was a well thrown ball, just a little too long. If the Camels had had more time, a pass would not have been needed as they were running the ball very well.

Hopefully a Camel fan can give us a report on their player that went to the hospital and I hope he is okay. I think he was the player that took the wicked hit from number 69 of the Birds that had 69 still trying to get the cob webs out a couple of plays later.

But other than the injury, a great game that both teams, including coaches and fans, should be very proud of. :thumb:

Kind of like this posting? :p