Trinity 49 Eastern 0

wailupebob

Posted on the update thread was a note that said starters were pulled with 5 minutes to go in the 4th.

That is incorrect – starters began to sit beginning with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd, no starters played in the 4th quarter.

Leon Lett like action by Bishop! The sad part is I predicted the blocked FG.

Eastern hustled to make the play. All involved beat the officials down the field. :creepy:

Some of the Rock faithful were a little too nervous during the first quarter.:sssh:

Eastern does have a nice team and I'll predict the district will win three of four versus the far western district in the first round of the playoffs. Ballard will be the lone non-survivor.:thumb:

Not sure if that was meant as a statement or a criticism ??:confused:

If it was the latter - -then suggest you try it sometime. Spot some of those kids 5 -10 yds. at a full gallop and go catch 'em.:walk:

Congrats Rocks on a solid district shutout win on the road sandwiched between two St. X teams! This could have been a so called trap game! Looked a little flat in pre-game and the first half of the first quarter. Beatty got the attention of the players and we took care of business! Man! Cameron Smyth is elusive on the field!!! The Eagles had some very fine athletes and should fare well the rest of the season. There were some very strange calls in the game... But I won’t go in to it! For us, it’s on to Pride Week! Should be another great game between the two catholic powers. GO ROCKS! #19!

According to the radio, Trinity blocked a field goal attempt and a defensive lineman picked the ball up, shook off three tacklers and rambled toward the goal line. I believe he held the ball up at the one and lost control of it resulting in a touchback for Eastern.

Thanks. I got the teams backward, but that's what I thought happened.