Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SNL Awful Again Tonight 9/20

Featured Replies

I've been watching SNL since it first aired over 30 years ago, and these past 2 seasons are as bad as it gets. Ugh.....

 

Never thought I'd say this but I sure miss Tim Kazurinski

SNL has been awful for a few years IMO.

I've been watching SNL since it first aired over 30 years ago, and these past 2 seasons are as bad as it gets. Ugh.....

 

Never thought I'd say this but I sure miss Tim Kazurinski

 

"My name is Niederman ... I'm an oral surgeon."

 

I haven't bothered with watching SNL regularly since I turned 16. I figure nowadays the replay shows can trim the fat for me so I only see the decent skits.

  • Author

Somebody watch the last 30 minutes for me and let me know if it got any better ok?:D It's bedtime.

It's funny cause SNL has gone through this before, there was a downslide after the original cast left and then you had that late 80's cast come in, Victoria Jackson, Dennis Miller, John Lovitz and it was good for a few years. Then those people left and you had the early years of Sandler, Spade and Farley, it was hit or miss at times before becoming halfway decent.

 

Then those guys left and it went through another slide before we got Parnell, Fallon, Ferrell, etc.

 

They are obviously in another cycle of "crapness" :lol:

 

We shall see if they can come out of it, I haven't watched it in a long time.

 

***Yes, I'm aware I left out a bunch of cast members that were probably far better than the ones I mentioned, I was just thinking off the top of my head the actors that came out around that time. :thumb:

SNL has been awful for a few years IMO.

 

Not as bad as it was tonight. I looked at my wife and asked "is this stuff supposed to be funny?"

Well the first problem is that they apparently think Franco can either play someone who is high, or amnesiac and thus seeming high.

 

But yeah, it's like they don't even recognize that this stuff isn't funny. You would think that someone would see the sketch during rehearsal and realize how totally unfunny it is.

Who is Franco?

Not as bad as it was tonight. I looked at my wife and asked "is this stuff supposed to be funny?"

 

It's been really bad for a while. I have not laughed during an SNL skit since Will Ferrell left.

SNL has been horrid for YEARS. Anytime you have Horatio Sanz on a show, its going to be bad.

 

MadTV is a much better product than SNL.

I haven't bothered watching SNL since the Farley, Sandler days, I've tuned in a few times since then but it wasn't worth my time. I listen to Howard Stern daily, and he had Chevy Chase on this week, a very good interview. Chevy said that the cast of SNL have a totally different philosphy these days. When he was on the cast, he would right his own stuff, but if he thought it would suit another cast member better, he would give them the scirpt. He said today's cast is much more cut throat, just like all of society, it's a "me" thing.

Well the first problem is that they apparently think Franco can either play someone who is high, or amnesiac and thus seeming high.

 

But yeah, it's like they don't even recognize that this stuff isn't funny. You would think that someone would see the sketch during rehearsal and realize how totally unfunny it is.

 

They probably do, it's just that the writing's so weak they don't have anything better to work with. Sort of a "If you think this is bad, you should see the stuff we left out!" situation.

What's amazing is that period of crapiness in between Murphy/Crystal and the Carvey/Lovitz/Hartman years featured a cast of Damon Wayans, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Anthony Micheal Hall, Joan Cusack, and Jim Belushi and it still wasn't funny.

The first season was the funniest

Who is Franco?

 

James Franco, last night's host.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.