Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central/ George Rogers Clark Predictions

Who will win? 55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Madison Central
      47%
      26
    • George Rogers Clark
      52%
      29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't think the 3-5-3 is a junk defense. I it is simply a variation of the old 5-3, that lends itself to using team spead to attacking the spread offenses that are so popular these days.

 

Defensively speaking, they are 4-0...3 of wins came by holding their opponents to "0". Mercer should be solid, Oldham is decent, and Southern...well, they shouldn't play 6A teams...just not fun for anyone. Tates Creek surprised me that they got on the board more than twice.

 

I do agree that MC will have their hands full with GRC's running game, but Central has shown in the past that they have given up massive rushing yards (like when Tates Creek put like 400yds on them) but still come out on top because of their "junk" defense creating turnovers, offense producing, and just flat out playing teams.

 

GRC had also shut out both of the teams they played....till they played Tates Creek. Tates Creek only scored 7 points on GRC and scored 25 on Madison Central....We know both teams have great players that can score....looks like it may come down to which defense steps up, will get the win.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold Sunrise, I think you're really on to something. I think it will comedown to turnovers. I just can't let it go when people bad mouth one defensive set or another. Or say that one style of offense is superior. I think it is about doing the best you can with what you've got and what you know.

Gold Sunrise, I think you're really on to something. I think it will comedown to turnovers. I just can't let it go when people bad mouth one defensive set or another. Or say that one style of offense is superior. I think it is about doing the best you can with what you've got and what you know.

 

This is why this GRC team is being successful this year.:thumb: Also great TEAM chemistry. I really feel this years team could make some noise in the playoffs.

Someone is going down for the first time this season, this should be a great game, so enjoy. By the way I'm picking Madison Central by a FG,24-21.

MC's running game is too strong. 35-7

Someone is going down for the first time this season, this should be a great game, so enjoy. By the way I'm picking Madison Central by a FG,24-21.

 

Yes both teams are 4-0. Huge district game for both teams.

 

MC's running game is too strong. 35-7

 

Guess you haven't seen Ryan Williams and the GRC Cards this year then. Ryan is the leading rusher in the state, so the Cards have a running game just as well. Madison Central may win the game, but I don't see it as much as you predicted.

Madison Central is the better team but I think they will lose because of the "junk defense" they play. Yes their defense has done a very good job, but also to teams that really aren't up to par. I Clark Co. can slow up Central's nose guard then I believe Clark Co. wins this game in a very close one.

 

What I meant about "junk defense" was the 3-5 they run. To me that isn't very sound against tough teams that can effectively run the ball. Central is very very fast, but a team that can smash will beat them.

 

Tell Highlands they run a junk defense!

Madison Central...GRC...Let's work together on this one (then we can rival Friday night ;) )

 

Try to get as many people as you can to vote for the MCHS vs GRC

football game as the channel 36 High School Highlight Reel Game of the week.

 

http://www.wtvq.com/sports/high-school-highlight-reel/ap-poll.html

 

As it stands now:

Boyle Co vs Lex Catholic 67%

W. Jessamine vs E Jessamine 24.4%

Madison Central vs GRC 6.8%

Henry Clay vs Lafayette 1.8%

Madison Central...GRC...Let's work together on this one (then we can rival Friday night ;) )

 

Try to get as many people as you can to vote for the MCHS vs GRC

football game as the channel 36 High School Highlight Reel Game of the week.

 

http://www.wtvq.com/sports/high-school-highlight-reel/ap-poll.html

 

As it stands now:

Boyle Co vs Lex Catholic 67%

W. Jessamine vs E Jessamine 24.4%

Madison Central vs GRC 6.8%

Henry Clay vs Lafayette 1.8%

I just voted...we are now up to 8.7....a long way to go.

Should be an outstanding football game. I am not predicting a score but who wins the turnover battle wins this game. Williams for GRC is a great runner and Simpson for MC is a great runner. Should be a great game to watch. Good Luck to both teams!!

Edited by goblue#1
Spelling

This is why this GRC team is being successful this year.:thumb: Also great TEAM chemistry. I really feel this years team could make some noise in the playoffs.

 

I think this statement sums up the whole season so far. "great TEAM chemistry"

 

Dini has been developing more and more each game. He is checking off recievers and looking for the big play if possible. His play has been a remarkable difference.

 

R. Williams will need to have another big game to beat this outstanding M.Central team. M.C. defense is tough, and they always bring thier toughest game when playing GRC.

 

Calling this in another close one in Winchester.

 

GRC - 35

M.C. - 28

 

(Special Team score is the difference)

GRC will have to turn it up a notch on pass coverage this week, they have been suspect in that area for several years now. Darius Skinner has been a bright spot on pass coverage but others need to step up.

Ryan Williams needs to run, which he does beautifully every week. Tavin Lay is also a very good running back and with all the attention on Ryan he should be able to sneak a few runs for big gains.

Andrew Dini has been a big suprise and improves with each game. Seems like a Quarterback is all the difference in 0-3 last year vs 4-0 this year.

I like GRC's chances in this one but they always seem to struggle against Madison Central, I'll go with my heart not my head and say 28-27 GRC........

Tell Highlands they run a junk defense!

 

Well that's also Highlands, I'm also sure many of their players will play college ball so it doesn't matter what they run. But I'm telling you the 3-5 is not what you want to run against a hard-nosed running team. Plus most 3-5 teams walk up 2 and make it a 5 man front. We could argue this all day, but this is just my opinion.

One of the better match-ups this week in KY.

 

GRC will need to play all 4 Qtrs without a lasp on special teams to win.

 

GRC 24

MC 21

One of the better match-ups this week in KY.

 

GRC will need to play all 4 Qtrs without a lasp on special teams to win.

 

GRC 24

MC 21

 

:thumb::thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.