Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 56 Bishop Brossart 0

Featured Replies

Have to give the BB kids credit, week in and week out they come to the game ready to play! totaly outmatched here.

Have to give the BB kids credit, week in and week out they come to the game ready to play! totaly outmatched here.

 

I agree the kids tried hard and never gave up. Beechwood is a very good team and the young Brossart kids got to see what it is like when you build a football tradition something they themselves want to do.

The Mustangs offense had its moments. Three consecutive first-downs in the second quarter vs the Beechwood top guns, and a beautiful late second quarter 70 yard pass play from Spencer Brown to Drew Braunwart were certainly highlights.

 

Give our coaching staff a G for Guts, trying to sneak in a quick score on the first play from scrimmage. Can you imagine how talked about that play (a quick hitter pass play deep up the sideline - that was intercepted) would have been if it had gone, regardless of the final score? It was a gamble and came up craps when it was intercepted and the Beechies scored a play or two later, making it 7-0 with only forty seconds run off the clock. Gambling requires risk, and risk returns huge dividends - when they succeed.

 

Too much Nelco Teipel who owned the Mustangs defense (or lack thereof). We were simply outmanned defensively and the Red and White Tigers marched at will against their undersized couterparts.

 

I think it would have been interesting if Teipel would have switched jerseys after the first quarter and played for us. I think it would have been a close game at halftime. He is the real deal. Hurdling the defensive line for a TD was impressive!

 

All in all I actually feel better about our performance in this 56-zip loss to Beechwood than I did losing 38-6 to Walton last week.

 

We'll bait em up and throw em back out there next week against Bellevue.

The Mustangs offense had its moments. Three consecutive first-downs in the second quarter vs the Beechwood top guns, and a beautiful late second quarter 70 yard pass play from Spencer Brown to Drew Braunwart were certainly highlights.

 

Give our coaching staff a G for Guts, trying to sneak in a quick score on the first play from scrimmage. Can you imagine how talked about that play (a quick hitter pass play deep up the sideline - that was intercepted) would have been if it had gone, regardless of the final score? It was a gamble and came up craps when it was intercepted and the Beechies scored a play or two later, making it 7-0 with only forty seconds run off the clock. Gambling requires risk, and risk returns huge dividends - when they succeed.

 

Too much Nelco Teipel who owned the Mustangs defense (or lack thereof). We were simply outmanned defensively and the Red and White Tigers marched at will against their undersized couterparts.

 

I think it would have been interesting if Teipel would have switched jerseys after the first quarter and played for us. I think it would have been a close game at halftime. He is the real deal. Hurdling the defensive line for a TD was impressive!

 

All in all I actually feel better about our performance in this 56-zip loss to Beechwood than I did losing 38-6 to Walton last week.

 

We'll bait em up and throw em back out there next week against Bellevue.

 

 

Just keep pluggin and chuggin.

 

I'll tell you this, Mustang, even though those boys aren't winning I wish like heck I was in their shoes. I'd take some helmets off as a DE for sure.

 

They have to set the trend year in and year out. Better and better.

Just keep pluggin and chuggin.

 

I'll tell you this, Mustang, even though those boys aren't winning I wish like heck I was in their shoes. I'd take some helmets off as a DE for sure.

 

They have to set the trend year in and year out. Better and better.

 

Agreed. Keep working and someday it will happen.

Just keep pluggin and chuggin.

 

I'll tell you this, Mustang, even though those boys aren't winning I wish like heck I was in their shoes. I'd take some helmets off as a DE for sure.

 

They have to set the trend year in and year out. Better and better.

LC we missed the boat when you guys were freshmen. If we were going to start football that would have been an ideal time to do it, and if not then, certainly when the '05s were freshmen in 01-02.

 

You would have been successful, paving the way for the progression of our football program which would be on the map by now. Unfortunately, what is, is, and we are going to have to grow and develop without the benefits of some of the superior athletic pool that would have been a great foundation for a championship football program.

Saw Tony Deck and Rob Hankinson on the Brossart sidelines last night. Whats up with that?

Saw Tony Deck and Rob Hankinson on the Brossart sidelines last night. Whats up with that?

 

They played for the Brossart coaching staff last season at Scott. Probably volunteering and helping out...

They played for the Brossart coaching staff last season at Scott. Probably volunteering and helping out...

 

Correct.

C'mon BW...step up and play a schedule. Hang in there Mustangs!

C'mon BW...step up and play a schedule. Hang in there Mustangs!

 

I don't think they could help playing BB. I thought they were district opponents? Hopefully BW will be able to move up to a different class, which would probably make them happy.

Beechwood does have to play because Bishop Brossart is in their district. It's required.

That was a a great atmosphere in Fort Mitchell Friday night on a perfect football night - my first experience witnessing a Beechwood home game. I can just imagine what it must be like there for a CovCath game or a key playoff event.

 

I realize that it was homecoming, but the score was 49-0 at halftime and everybody stayed until the end. There was some good football also being played on the tennis courts (tykes).

 

We broadcast the game over the internet and had just under 100 live listeners and have had nearly that number listen to the replay.

 

If and when our Mustangs can become competitive with some of the better football schools on our schedule I can see where this Friday night football could become contagious. Maybe even more popular than spending Friday night at Turfway Park. ;)

I don't think they could help playing BB. I thought they were district opponents? Hopefully BW will be able to move up to a different class, which would probably make them happy.

 

That's what I'm talking about!! :ylsuper:

That's what I'm talking about!! :ylsuper:

 

BW CANNOT move up a class even if they wanted to. They do not meet the requirement (geographically isolated) to be eligible to move up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.