Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue 18 Newport 6

Featured Replies

Final. Congrats to Coach Eckstein and the Tigers on a good opening win. Keep it up boys.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Who started at QB for the Tigers?

 

Wills I believe

Geez not another year of this stuff. Glad I didnt go tonight.

Ricky Buckler looked pretty good and so did that Tiger defense.

Final. Congrats to Coach Eckstein and the Tigers on a good opening win. Keep it up boys.

 

Sorry to hear about the Wildcats loss. Who did the scoring for Bellevue & Newport? How many passes did Newport complete for how many yards?

Congrats to Bellevue. Coach Eckstein has done a wonderful job. Come on Newport, just keep playing

Way to go Tigers. That 1st win of the season is always an important one. :thumb:

Geez not another year of this stuff. Glad I didnt go tonight.

 

Let's hope this isn't like last year.

I was checking through Bellevue's roster today and I didn't notice any Seniors on there. Does Bellevue not have any seniors this season?

I've checked through the Enquirer 3 times this morning and didn't see any coverage of this game and it was the early one in the doubleheader . I follow Bellevue because a cousin of mine is married to the Head coach and like to read about his teams I would be upset if I were a diehard Bellevue and Newport fan over this apparent snub . If I'm wrong please post where in the paper the story appears . BTW congratulations to Bellevue on their win .

I've checked through the Enquirer 3 times this morning and didn't see any coverage of this game and it was the early one in the doubleheader . I follow Bellevue because a cousin of mine is married to the Head coach and like to read about his teams I would be upset if I were a diehard Bellevue and Newport fan over this apparent snub . If I'm wrong please post where in the paper the story appears . BTW congratulations to Bellevue on their win .

 

Sometimes the newspapers cover who they want to cover. Many times this is key games. The Bellevue & Newport game was not a key game. However, I would expect a box score or a mini-write-up about the game. I don't know if the winning team is responsible for this or the host team. It is a shame that there was nothing in the paper about this. I would assume that the Campbell County Recorder will have something about the game this Thursday or Friday. The game did not involve 2 powerhouses, but they at least deserve a little ink. I too, wasted a dollar on a paper today.

I've checked through the Enquirer 3 times this morning and didn't see any coverage of this game and it was the early one in the doubleheader . I follow Bellevue because a cousin of mine is married to the Head coach and like to read about his teams I would be upset if I were a diehard Bellevue and Newport fan over this apparent snub . If I'm wrong please post where in the paper the story appears . BTW congratulations to Bellevue on their win .

 

I was very upset as a Bellevue Alum to open the paper and have to read about CovCath getting blown out by Cardinal Mooney. I m sure everyone in NKY really wants to read about that. No coverage of the Bellevue game is ridiculous. I am going to make sure Ryan Ernst hears about this. Absolutely ridiculous.

 

This was a great thread all week and a very important game for both schools. Newport primarily to get off to a good start and forget about last year and Bellevue to see if last year's win was a fluke or not. Bellevue coming off an impressive end of the year run last season looks to be very solid.

 

I had to drive by the field and ask a kid walking home for a score last night and was hoping to get some stats and interviews in the paper.

 

If any of the Cats/Tiger faithful have info please post.

Sometimes the newspapers cover who they want to cover. Many times this is key games. The Bellevue & Newport game was not a key game. However, I would expect a box score or a mini-write-up about the game. I don't know if the winning team is responsible for this or the host team. It is a shame that there was nothing in the paper about this. I would assume that the Campbell County Recorder will have something about the game this Thursday or Friday. The game did not involve 2 powerhouses, but they at least deserve a little ink. I too, wasted a dollar on a paper today.

 

I think the fact that they sent a writer to the later game and not the early game is what has many ticked off about. Ok so if you dont want to cover it, just put a blurb and a boxscore but to not mention at all. It is a joke and to be quite honest it has me thinking about suspending my subscription. I guess I can be like everyone else and get my news online.

I've checked through the Enquirer 3 times this morning and didn't see any coverage of this game and it was the early one in the doubleheader . I follow Bellevue because a cousin of mine is married to the Head coach and like to read about his teams I would be upset if I were a diehard Bellevue and Newport fan over this apparent snub . If I'm wrong please post where in the paper the story appears . BTW congratulations to Bellevue on their win .

 

The Enquirer has not been good to the Northern KY teams for quite some time. I long for the old days of the Post. Use to be that on a Saturday morning you could open up the paper and find all kinds of articles and pictures of all the games in the area. KY Post where are you? Come back!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.