Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How well will the Reds do next season

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They finish ahead of Pittsburg.

 

They won't finish ahead of Pittsburgh this year.

Way too early to have this discussion ...

Hmmmmm, I hope each can fill that roll and be productive.

 

They have been this year?:confused:

Way too early to have this discussion ...

 

:thumb:

They won't finish ahead of Pittsburgh this year.

 

But they will next year...:D

They have been this year?:confused:
Cordero allows too many runners, in his role as closer. Which in turn, will lead to blown saves and missed opportunities. '09 may be a different year but not many bright spots, on this team.
They finish ahead of Pittsburg.
I bet they don't. Look for the Pirates to spend some coin in the offseason to go with their young talent at the AAA level. The Pirates are only a couple of years away from becoming the Brewers
I bet they don't. Look for the Pirates to spend some coin in the offseason to go with their young talent at the AAA level. The Pirates are only a couple of years away from becoming the Brewers

 

I really don't see the Pirates going out and spending alot of money. What major player unless,it's alot of money wants to play for the worst team in the NL Cent the Pirates. I really don't see the Pirates contending anytime soon.

  • Author
I really don't see the Pirates going out and spending alot of money. What major player unless,it's alot of money wants to play for the worst team in the NL Cent the Pirates. I really don't see the Pirates contending anytime soon.

 

Actually, they are 2 games up on the Reds right now. The Reds are the worst team in the central.

 

The Pirates have pretty good young talent and they should be pretty solid next season if that talent stays together.

I bet they don't. Look for the Pirates to spend some coin in the offseason to go with their young talent at the AAA level. The Pirates are only a couple of years away from becoming the Brewers

 

One of the other things the Pirates have going for them is that they play in the one of the best stadiums. What a place to play.

This is the most depressed I have been about the Reds and their future in my life. I just don't see it getting better anytime soon. I thought pitching would actually be pretty good this year, and it hasn't been. I thought this would be a much better hitting team than it is. The Reds have several good young players, (none of which are named Bailey by the way) but I don't see any of them being able to put together prolonged stretches of consistant play. Votto, Bruce, Bacco, Hairston ect.. are all good players and should improve but I don't see any playing at an elite level anytime soon. I like the four starters, but injuries, inconsistent pitching and hitting have done them in. I think the bullpen has a couple of good young arms, I like Burton and Lincoln quite a bit. Cordero has blown up this year, as posted above he allows way too many base runners for a closer.

I bet they don't. Look for the Pirates to spend some coin in the offseason to go with their young talent at the AAA level. The Pirates are only a couple of years away from becoming the Brewers
Scribe, seems every decade or so, the Pirates do assemble a solid nucleus of players and then, aren't able to retain them for several years.

 

Does anyone think the Reds, are possibly headed down the same road or will the fan base, continue to support this team, through thick/thin.

I can never get too excited about the Pirates ... they never seem to develop anyone for the long term. Duke, Gorzelanny and Snell looked pretty good when they came up, but could never sustain it.

  • Author

The Reds need pitching. I know that has been the case for how long? The hitting should have been better this season when you look at it. But when it comes down to it, one of your 2-5 starters should at least have a winning record.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.