Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County Coaching Staff adds Yeast

Featured Replies

This is definitely a great addition to the coaching staff! Can't wait for the season to start!! GO PATS!

I would say he probably is still the fastest h.s. player I have seen in Central Ky.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I would say he probably is still the fastest h.s. player i have seen in central ky.

 

I'd say he's the fastest player in Central Kentucky right now! Most likely a very good hire for Lincoln County.

 

My favorite description of Craig Yeast in high school came from Alvis Johnson: He said, "I'm not sure what times he runs, I just know I've never seen anyone catch him."

My favorite UK football player of all time.

I would say he probably is still the fastest h.s. player i have seen in central ky.

 

Not sure if you all will ever see him play but the middle school in Harlan County played Pennington Gap, VA in the conference championship last year and Pennington had a do all kid Tyler Graham fastest human being I have ever seen in real life. I'm guessing he will be playing high school ball at Lee County High in VA. He is a pleasure to watch. My brother in law and I still talk about him.

Glad to see a old face as the o-coordinator this year. Congrats Mr. Yaden, I'm sure you will do a bang up job. Go Pats.

Edited by STRIKE3
to comply with Rule #13

  • Author

Settles appears to have put together a very good staff. Bringing Yaden back, keeping some of the old regime and adding some youngsters.

 

The team scored a lot of points when Yaden was the O-coordinator

Why do you guys think a good 40 time = good coach?

  • Author

I don't know about a forty time, but a resume that includes SEC football (one of UK's all time greats), NFL and CFL is a pretty good one.

Good exposure for both LC and their players. Two good players and I'm sure they can teach those kids a thing or two.

I don't know about a forty time, but a resume that includes SEC football (one of UK's all time greats), NFL and CFL is a pretty good one.

 

Name me the great kentucky high school head coaches that were D1 stars or N.F.L. players.

 

Make sure you post the records alongside the name.

 

Dudley Hilton?

Chuck Smith?

Bob Beaty?

Sam Harp?

Mike Yeagle?

Mike Holcomb?

Bob Redman?

Tom Larkey?

Bob Schnieder?

Dale Mueller?

 

Did any of these guys ever play one NFL or CFL game?

 

Playing success does not mean coaching success.

I love Yeast by the way. Great player, great memories at UK.

  • Author
Name me the great kentucky high school head coaches that were D1 stars or N.F.L. players.

 

Make sure you post the records alongside the name.

 

Dudley Hilton?

Chuck Smith?

Bob Beaty?

Sam Harp?

Mike Yeagle?

Mike Holcomb?

Bob Redman?

Tom Larkey?

Bob Schnieder?

Dale Mueller?

 

Did any of these guys ever play one NFL or CFL game?

 

Playing success does not mean coaching success.

 

 

Not here to argue, but Chuck Smith played at UK, etc. etc

 

Playing success doesn't mean you can't be a good coach either. I am sure there have been some successful players/coaches througout the history of high school football. Honestly, I don't feel like doing the research and quite frankly don't care. It it is a rarity to get these kind of guys on a staff, so I don't really see how you can automatically say they will not be successful.

 

As a LC fan, I am just happy to have some ex-local stars joining the staff at LC, bringing their experiences and expertise is enough. Besides, he is an assistant, so comparing to the names above is really irrelevant.

...I am just happy to have some ex-local starts joining the staff at LC, bringing their experiences and expertise is enough. Besides, he is an assistant, so comparing to the names above is really irrelevant.
Agreed and any new Coach, will have to learn their role and ability to communicate effectively, to student-athletes.

 

Players like Yeast, have received valuable insight in technique, routes, coverage, training and conditioning, that will only enhance Lincoln County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.