July 29, 200818 yr From the looks of day 1 at camp, Andrews has taken Willie's spot at starting RT... As in, he simply looks like a better player at this point? Or as in Willie isn't healthy and is getting back into the swing of things?
July 29, 200818 yr As in, he simply looks like a better player at this point? Or as in Willie isn't healthy and is getting back into the swing of things? Willie said he didn't want a position battle during training camp. His age is one factor, and his relationship with Andrews is the other.
July 29, 200818 yr Willie said he didn't want a position battle during training camp. His age is one factor, and his relationship with Andrews is the other. I don't really get it... So he essentially is giving up his spot?
July 30, 200818 yr Willie said he didn't want a position battle during training camp. His age is one factor, and his relationship with Andrews is the other. Time to retire then. I wouldn't pay a guy if he isn't competing. Makes no sense.
July 30, 200818 yr Sounds a little strange to me too, regaridng Big Willie. I think he'll be the opening day starter, but there's no doubt in my mind that Andrews will be in there shortly. Many articles have mentioned Andrews' potential on the defensive side of the ball, too. I'd be interested to see that happen, especially if Stacy isn't going to be a regular on the o-line. I like the thought of Andrews getting as much PT as possible at this point though. We know that, if healthy, Big Willie will be fine. The guy has been around for a while and is one of the few who can afford to take time off.
July 30, 200818 yr Time to retire then. I wouldn't pay a guy if he isn't competing. Makes no sense. I think his words got twisted a little in that interview. You know he's competing. He's one of the all time great tackles in Bengals' history. I think he just saying that to keep the media out. When there's a position battle, the media likes to take jabs at each, and Willie doesn't want anything to damage his relationship with Andrews. Plus, come Sundays, you know what you're going to get with Willie. As mentioned, he can take some practices off, and not be effected.
August 15, 200818 yr Author GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Bobbie Williams at center, Stacy Andrews and Andrew Whitworth at guard and Levi Jones and Willie Anderson at tackle. It's still an "emergency" thing, everyone says. But with backup center Dan Santucci out, that emergency lineup will likely take the field at some point on Sunday in the Bengals' preseason game against the Detroit Lions. That's a combined listed weight of 1,664 pounds. "Massive grande," said Williams, accompanied by his own massive grande laugh. "Massive grande." Rookie defensive tackle Jason Shirley calls that lineup "unstoppable." Offensive line coach and assistant head coach Paul Alexander hears the combined listed weight and adds, "it's a little bigger than that." Alexander has called it the "Jurassic Line." 1,664 pounds. "I'm sticking with what's listed," Williams said. 1,664 pounds -- massive grande indeed. It's so tempting, seems so natural, so perfect. http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2008/08/14/massive_grande Edited August 15, 200818 yr by gametime
August 15, 200818 yr Bobbie looked really good in the one on one drills at C last week in camp.....Rookie DT Pat Sims was holding his own in the drills while Shirley was getting worked...
August 20, 200818 yr No More Massive Grande Going through my tape of Marvin, he was asked about the line with Bobbie Williams at center. "Uhhh, yeah, we saw enough of Bobbie at center…" Did you like what you saw? "I said we saw enough of Bobbie at center."
August 20, 200818 yr No More Massive Grande Going through my tape of Marvin, he was asked about the line with Bobbie Williams at center. "Uhhh, yeah, we saw enough of Bobbie at center…" Did you like what you saw? "I said we saw enough of Bobbie at center." Marvin says a lot of things that end up changing.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.