10th Region 2009

Thoughts? Who is your favorite to win the region and who are the other top teams? Any players worthy of mention who will lead their team or vye for POY?

My thoughts:

Harrison County loses the ace-in-the-hole Brandon Martin from the mound but will return the bulk of their starting line-up. They will be the clear cut favorite to win the region again this year.

Scott High School after finally reaching the Regional Finals this year graduates some players who really aided in their effort last year. Zac Adams who lead the team in BA, HR, and RBIs and was also 2nd in wins on the mound graduates along with Jordan Adkins who lead the team in ERA and wins (Thomas More Commit). Scott will be lead by SS EJ Murray as he will be the ace on the mound and will have the best bat in the line up

Clark County after losing to Harrison in the first round graduates their ace pitcher and starting SS in Evan Bennett and also graduates their catcher ??? Barker (dont know the first name). Barker was the POY for the 10th Region this year and will heading yto the University of Cumberlands. I am not as familiar with their line-up but I think they graduate a fair number of players but like a power they are in the 10th they always seem to reload and expect them to do it yet again.

As for the others I'm not totally sure.

I know Campbell County graduated their pitching ace and clean-up batter in Jordan Woodruff but will return with expected ace in Estes and I also believe will have a speedy outfielder and base runner in Franzen.

Correct me wrong on anything I have posted and feel free to add any info you would like!

It will be greatly appreciated:thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts? Who is your favorite to win the region and who are the other top teams? Any players worthy of mention who will lead their team or vye for POY?

My thoughts:

Harrison County loses the ace-in-the-hole Brandon Martin from the mound but will return the bulk of their starting line-up. They will be the clear cut favorite to win the region again this year.

Scott High School after finally reaching the Regional Finals this year graduates some players who really aided in their effort last year. Zac Adams who lead the team in BA, HR, and RBIs and was also 2nd in wins on the mound graduates along with Jordan Adkins who lead the team in ERA and wins (Thomas More Commit). Scott will be lead by SS EJ Murray as he will be the ace on the mound and will have the best bat in the line up

Clark County after losing to Harrison in the first round graduates their ace pitcher and starting SS in Evan Bennett and also graduates their catcher ??? Barker (dont know the first name). Barker was the POY for the 10th Region this year and will heading yto the University of Cumberlands. I am not as familiar with their line-up but I think they graduate a fair number of players but like a power they are in the 10th they always seem to reload and expect them to do it yet again.

I know Campbell County graduated their pitching ace and clean-up batter in Jordan Woodruff but will return with expected ace in Estes and I also believe will have a speedy outfielder and base runner in Franzen.

Correct me wrong on anything I have posted and feel free to add any info you would like!

It is Jordan Baker

My thoughts:

Bennett and Barker are the only starters they lose out of the starting line up. They also lose an occasional starter and a pitcher that was out most of the year. GRC was young this year compared to years past. They started two seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, 2 freshman, and an 8th grader most games.

I agree, Harrison will be the clear cut favorite again. They were this year and GRC had them down in the bottom of the 7th, so anything can happen.:thumb:

My thoughts:

Campbell County will lose every starter on the field to graduation. Matt Coffman will catch and bolster the pitching staff. Bobby Estes hurt his arm during the summer league and may not be able to pitch at all. Ben Franzen will return and be very effective. Look for Coffman to step up and be the ace. The rest of the team will be from the JV team that had a very good year. Ryan Lauer will be the leading hitter as he hit 375 or so this year. The Camels will surprise some teams though. Another big surprise should be Petey Albricht at 6'5 and 220lbs. He hasnt played since his freshman year but absolutely kills the ball in summer league SWOL. Rebuilding year!!!!

Campbell County will lose every starter on the field to graduation. Matt Coffman will catch and bolster the pitching staff. Bobby Estes hurt his arm during the summer league and may not be able to pitch at all. Ben Franzen will return and be very effective. Look for Coffman to step up and be the ace. The rest of the team will be from the JV team that had a very good year. Ryan Lauer will be the leading hitter as he hit 375 or so this year. The Camels will surprise some teams though. Another big surprise should be Petey Albricht at 6'5 and 220lbs. He hasnt played since his freshman year but absolutely kills the ball in summer league SWOL. Rebuilding year!!!!

Is Coffman the starting catcher? If so, that's a very tough combination to ask someone to be the starting catcher and the ace of the pitching staff. Not saying he can't do it, but it would indeed be somewhat rare at the high school level.

I know that Montgomery has been having a very good summer. Playing lots of games and getting a lot of experience not loosing many seniors to graduation.

Montgomery Co has had a good summer!!! Two wins to hang their hats on this summer were, 18u Morse Mustangs and 19u Morehead Post 126.

Not saying they'll be an elite team, but Pendleton County should be able to surprise some people in the 10th region. They return their entire lineup.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

I know that Montgomery has been having a very good summer. Playing lots of games and getting a lot of experience not loosing many seniors to graduation.
Some very good young men and parents, involved with the Montgomery County program.

Scott will be fine in 09. They did lose some talent from last years team but there will be some newcomers to the mix this year. Joe Adkins from the JV Level will make his Varsity debut in 09 at first base. Zach Sowder will become the full-time second baseman and EJ Murray will be the shortstop again and anchor the infield. Logan Taylor will probably get his chance to start at third base this year. The outfield will consist of Nick Hiller and Taylor Smith with a question mark of who the third outfielder will be. Scott lost their best defensive outfielder in Hankinson to graduation so 1 outfield position might be up for grabs in 09.

The biggest question mark Scott will have is the catching position.

Pitching staff will be anchored by EJ Murray but with the help of Hiller, Sowder, Sparks,

Lofland, and Osborne.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree MC should contend next spring. In addition to Combs and Curtis they have two other seniors that are difference makers. Martin a lefty that pitches and can play OF (if he gets with right pitching coach in offseason he can do some damage) and Razor a solid second baseman that has been playing with Lexington travel teams the past 3 summers. Several D II and small D I schools are looking at Combs (as a PO, 1B), Curtis (OF), Martin (PO) and Razor (2B-Utility) at the next level. All four SR's are also above avg High School level pitchers. In addition to the seniors they have some JR's that fit in well. The other Combs kid (as good a defensive first baseman as you will find), Potter (above avg pitcher), Anderson (solid pitcher) and other role players in a good JR class. If they shore up their defense on the left side of the infield, play some small ball and stay healthy they should contend. #1 seed in 40th will be big again this year as Boubon (lost 1 SR) and Clark (lost 2 Sr's) will be decent as well.

My top 4 in the 10th:

Harrison

Montgomery

Bourbon

Scott

Agree MC should contend next spring. In addition to Combs and Curtis they have two other seniors that are difference makers. Martin a lefty that pitches and can play OF (if he gets with right pitching coach in offseason he can do some damage) and Razor a solid second baseman that has been playing with Lexington travel teams the past 3 summers. Several D II and small D I schools are looking at Combs (as a PO, 1B), Curtis (OF), Martin (PO) and Razor (2B-Utility) at the next level. All four SR's are also above avg High School level pitchers. In addition to the seniors they have some JR's that fit in well. The other Combs kid (as good a defensive first baseman as you will find), Potter (above avg pitcher), Anderson (solid pitcher) and other role players in a good JR class. If they shore up their defense on the left side of the infield, play some small ball and stay healthy they should contend. #1 seed in 40th will be big again this year as Boubon (lost 1 SR) and Clark (lost 2 Sr's) will be decent as well.

My top 4 in the 10th:

Harrison

Montgomery

Bourbon

Scott

Welcome to BGP Once a Coach and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gifNew Member forum

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

My top 4 in the 10th:

Harrison

Montgomery

Bourbon

Scott

That great!!!!!! Who are the schools looking at Combs, Curtis, Martin and Razor?