McCain on the Media's Infatuation with Obama

Clyde

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would they be detrimental to his campaign? People are used to campaigns always complaining about one thing or another. I too was glad to hear Israel is a good friend to Israel. I've been worried about that relationship for some time.

Can you explain how his campaign is wrong.

On a side note, I love the comment by the Gaffe-O-Matic, Obama:

"Israel is a strong friend of Israel's" :lol:

Gaffe-O-Matic? I'm your huckleberry.

How about McCain claiming that the Anbar Awakening was caused by the surge (oops, sorry, wrong order)? Or referencing Czechoslovakia (a country which has not existed for the majority of my LIFE) in consecutive days?

:lol::sssh:

How would they be detrimental to his campaign? .

Can we agree on the following:

The people that are bothered by the media attention garnered by Obama are solidly in the McCain Corner.

The people that can't get past the war issue are solidly with Obama.

Agreed?

If so, that means you're vying for what many call "the middle" of which I am firmly placed. When I hear a candidate say he's the one tough enough to lead this country, has lived through hell while serving this country, claims to be a maverick and THEN whines about the media not liking him, its a turnoff. It sounds like 3rd grade kids. "He doesnt like me!!" Not exactly Reagan-esque.

It takes the focus off of his strengths and positives.

Get over the infatuation and live with it. Complaining about it can only hurt your cause.

The people that are bothered by the media attention garnered by Obama are solidly in the McCain Corner.

Agreed?

If so, that means you're vying for what many call "the middle" of which I am firmly placed. When I hear a candidate say he's the one tough enough to lead this country, has lived through hell while serving this country, claims to be a maverick and THEN whines about the media not liking him, its a turnoff. It sounds like 3rd grade kids. "He doesnt like me!!" Not exactly Reagan-esque.

Get over the infatuation and live with it. Complaining about it can only hurt your cause.

As another one of the those "middlers" I have to agree with you, Clyde.

Agreed?

I too am firmly placed in the middle and it doesn't bother me at all. Much like Hillary's camp did, McCains camp is trying to offset a perceived advantage by bringing attention to it.

Since you're in the middle, does it bother you the discrepancy in the coverage of the two?

The media has a lot of power. There's no doubt that they're in Obama's corner. It also happened with Clinton in '92. Unless they are held accountable for their bias, and there has been some reporting on that lately to the credit of some media outlets, then it's '92 all over again.

I remember in 1992 Larry King was taking questions for his guest, presidential candidate George Bush the 1st, and somehow George Stennopolis (sp), a Clinton campaign advisor, got a question through to Bush. Bush immediately asked how in the world, with hundreds, probably thousands of calls coming in, could a key worker in Cinton's campaign, make it through on the CNN program. King hunched his shoulders and said something like, "I don't know, I only work here." There's little doubt that his call was put through on high priority, and Bush knew it. Media bias at its best.

Can you explain how his campaign is wrong.

On a side note, I love the comment by the Gaffe-O-Matic, Obama:

"Israel is a strong friend of Israel's" :lol:

:thumb: RTS, I agree here. I must say that anyone no matter what side that they are on or if they are undecided that thinks or says that today's mainstream media is not way far out and bias toward Obama must not be watching any t.v. :lol:. They are always imo leaning left but this bias goes beyond any that I have ever seen. That imo is really saying something considering how much they were in love with Bill Clinton some years ago. When they show Obama bias over Hilary then you really know how sickining it is.

I am not all that crazy about McCain as some on here may seem to think but as I said I know that I am not voting for Obama bc of his policies (or lack there of), his "change" which is really no change from the same old politics that we have seen for years, some of the individuals that he has choosen to surround himself with for the past 20 years and all of a sudden "disassociated" himself:rolleyes:, yeah..right, his experience and military knowledge in these times(which is "0").

Media's and Holywood's bias for Obama is another (although very small) reason why, especially Hollywierd. I consider it to usually if not always to be against anything that they are for to be a good move, especially in these type situations.

So, I am not sure who I will vote for, just am positive of one I will not vote for.

By the way RTS.......I love the avatar. :lol:

I too am firmly placed in the middle and it doesn't bother me at all. Much like Hillary's camp did, McCains camp is trying to offset a perceived advantage by bringing attention to it.

Since you're in the middle, does it bother you the discrepancy in the coverage of the two?

"Bother?" Not really. Its not very hard to get access to both sides. Plus, I've always got RTS to offset the media.;)

Gaffe-O-Matic? I'm your huckleberry.

How about McCain claiming that the Anbar Awakening was caused by the surge (oops, sorry, wrong order)? Or referencing Czechoslovakia (a country which has not existed for the majority of my LIFE) in consecutive days?

:lol::sssh:

Or Obama claiming Japan droped "the Bomb" on Pearl Harbor.

What about 57 states or liberation of Auschwitz? :lol: :sssh:

McCain needs to let his surrogates point out the media's obvious bias in favor of Obama. A presidential candidate or a president does not look presidential when they are whining about media coverage even when they are absolutely correct.

McCain also needs to attack Obama's inexperience more aggressively and start running a campaign that the media cannot so easily ignore. Obama is saying some of the stupidest, most naive, and disingenuous things on the campaign trail that have ever been said by a presidential candidate.

McCain needs to be dismantling Obama's reckless statements every single day. His campaign ads should feature clips of Obama with McCain's analysis and Obama should be whining about negative ads continuously. Currently, the media is spoon feeding Americans what it thinks will help sell Obama. It is McCain's job to make sure that the interviews that expose Obama's lack of knowledge and qualifications for the job get widespread coverage. So far, McCain has not done much to warrant coverage although his recent claim that Obama would rather lose a war than a political campaign was a good start.