McCain on the Media's Infatuation with Obama

I would expect nothing less from someone with as much venom as you do towards Obama. That's not a criticism of you but, rather, simply an observation.
It is always great to get constructive criticism from an objective, unbiased, moderate voter. :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which things do you speak of specifically? And are you one of those voters?

I read about these type of issues and try to stay abreast of them.

But abortion and our own country killing our unborn children trumps all other issues for me.

I will start a thread to debate it, rather than here.

I read about these type of issues and try to stay abreast of them.

But abortion and our own country killing our unborn children trumps all other issues for me.

I will start a thread to debate it, rather than here.

I get that. However, what issues are you saying we'll forget?

Trust me, I understand (and love!) the football analogies. However, I don't agree with your assessment of either candidate. FWIW, some cheerleaders understand the game pretty well, they just have never played it. I am not sure that I entirely agree with McCain as a QB that will get the job done on all points either. THAT is what makes it tough for me.

Fair enough. And I do agree that some cheerleaders understand the game "pretty well". It just that the cheerleader I'm referring to in my opinion is more about pom poms and less about X's and O's. And you may be right about McCain. It's impossible to know for sure. Neither candidate has any experience running a govt unit. But if its the end of the 4th quarter and you have to replace your starting qb for the game ending drive, do you go with the qb that has been on the team for years, is a senior that has proven that he can work with all of his teammates and both of his star running backs (that often don't get along), has been a student of the game, and has proven his mental and physical toughness in practices to a point there can be no doubt as to his intestinal fortitude and ability to handle the pressure, or do you go with the rah, rah freshman qb who is not only unproven but has shown in his limited time that he favors only one running back and part of the team? This coach hands the ball to the former and says: "Son, get it done". I hand the ball to McCain.

I'm here to serve.

Do you care to respond to the points made?

I gave the points the response that was warranted. Considering your view of my "venomous" opinions, further response would be falling on deaf ears.

I gave the points the response that was warranted. Considering your view of my "venomous" opinions, further response would be falling on deaf ears.

Please. I point out that he DID NOT completely discredit the surge (as you claimed) using his own words in the posted transcript and NOW you're offended? Was I wrong on the "venom" comment? Do I need to pull up the 732 threads you've started about Obama to prove I'm right? Who cares if you have venom for him? Back up your claims.

Fair enough. And I do agree that some cheerleaders understand the game "pretty well". It just that the cheerleader I'm referring to in my opinion is more about pom poms and less about X's and O's. And you may be right about McCain. It's impossible to know for sure. Neither candidate has any experience running a govt unit. But if its the end of the 4th quarter and you have to replace your starting qb for the game ending drive, do you go with the qb that has been on the team for years, is a senior that has proven that he can work with all of his teammates and both of his star running backs (that often don't get along), has been a student of the game, and has proven his mental and physical toughness in practices to a point there can be no doubt as to his intestinal fortitude and ability to handle the pressure, or do you go with the rah, rah freshman qb who is not only unproven but has shown in his limited time that he favors only one running back and part of the team? This coach hands the ball to the former and says: "Son, get it done". I hand the ball to McCain.

:lol: LN, it all makes sense, but this is getting way, way too corny for me. :lol:

And, if the coach is calling McCain "son", I don't even know how old he must be. I guess it must be PepperII, who claims to have been in Greece when Democracy was introduced.

What is truly remarkable about the list is that, discounting contributions to Paul and Rudy Giuliani, who was a favorite son for many folks in the media, the totals look like this: $315,533 to Democrats, $3,150 to Republicans (four individuals who donated to McCain).

Let me repeat: $315,533 to Democrats, $3,150 to Republicans — a ratio of 100-to-1. No bias there.

Any theories on why this is?

Please. I point out that he DID NOT completely discredit the surge (as you claimed) using his own words in the posted transcript and NOW you're offended? Was I wrong on the "venom" comment? Do I need to pull up the 732 threads you've started about Obama to prove I'm right? Who cares if you have venom for him? Back up your claims.
Yes. You are wrong on all counts and no I am not offended. It is just a waste of time bantering with somebody who has already dismissed your opinions - for both parties.