Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County's Chris Muse

Featured Replies

How good of a player is he?

 

From the 5A preview....

 

Pulaski County quarterback Chris Muse (6-0, 175, Jr.) is making a case to be the best junior in the state after rushing for 1,973 yards and 19 touchdowns. His 367-yard effort against South Laurel in the playoffs broke the old school record of 356 held by Cole Draughn. Muse averaged a staggering 9.3 yards per carry.

Muse also threw for 1,742 yards and 16 touchdowns while completing an impressive 62-percent of his passes.

 

 

 

Those numbers are simply staggering for a sophomore

He is a very tough kid, mentally and physically. Look for teams to really scheme for him, but it's like scheming for Vick. If you don't have pure athletes your scheme won't matter, because you can't tackle what you can't catch.

 

Chris is also a GOOD kid, which is something to be celebrated in this day of celebrity athletes feeling above everyone else.

In my opinion, and granted I saw him in both of Pulaski's losses last season, he is too quick to run. I think that might be because of his youth and overall inexperience under pressure in the pocket. I would like to see him make an extra effort to stay in the pocket when it begins to collapse. That would be the difference in being a good high school quarterback and a really good high school quarterback. But he's a nice player.

Chris appears to be an outstanding young man, student, and athlete. Kid has the potential to be good in 4 HS sports if he wants. I think he has given up baseball, but baring any injury he will be a year around story in the Pulaski County area. Expect him to have another very successfull football season, followed by an consistent level of performance on the hardwood, and then dominate his region in the long jump, triple jump, 110H and 300H. You know what they say about walking like a duck and talking like a duck.....

This is a great all-around, 4 sport athlete which is very uncommon is this day of specialization. I love this type of kid. I am sorry to see him give up baseball. Play 'em all.......the greatest of athletes one generation ago did!

 

I am interested in knowing his distances and times in track. Anyone know?

Is he a D-1 talent? Certainly feasible he could grow another couple inches

Pulaski plays 5A football too, so its not like he is putting up his numbers against weak competition.

Is he a D-1 talent? Certainly feasible he could grow another couple inches

 

I don't think in football. He'll need to improve tremendously.

I don't think in football. He'll need to improve tremendously.

 

I think you may have ment to say not in basketball. Which is probabley the weakest of 3 he has chosen to play, but he still gives you a solid performance, due to his mental toughness and his competitive attitude. I do agree that with his athletic ability, and quickness, if he were to grow another couple of inches his best chances of D1 may be in football. Many football scouts look for athletes first, they can get you in a position.

Chris triple jumped 43 feet and long jumped 23 feet. He competed in the State Meet in 4 events. He is a superb athlete and only a Junior.

He is obviously a very talented athlete.

 

Check that 23 feet in the long jump. Seems a bit too much from the kids I have read about in the state of Kentucky.

 

Regardless, it seems that Chris Muse certainly has a good set of legs.

I think you may have ment to say not in basketball. Which is probabley the weakest of 3 he has chosen to play, but he still gives you a solid performance, due to his mental toughness and his competitive attitude. I do agree that with his athletic ability, and quickness, if he were to grow another couple of inches his best chances of D1 may be in football. Many football scouts look for athletes first, they can get you in a position.

 

Yes and no. I did mean football (no, he's not a real good basketball player), but I wasn't real clear. I don't think he can play quarterback at a high-level of college. His athleticism will, however, get him a look as an athlete/position player in college football.

Yes and no. I did mean football (no, he's not a real good basketball player), but I wasn't real clear. I don't think he can play quarterback at a high-level of college. His athleticism will, however, get him a look as an athlete/position player in college football.

 

While you in the end may be correct, remember Chris was just a Soph last year. How many 10th graders look ready to play QB at a D-1 school? If his maturation (physically and game play) continues the next two years, as it has the last two then he has an opportunity to be REALLY special. I agree Chris needs to look to throw a little more, but the bottom line is that he is competing to win HS football games and if the best way to do that is to pull it down and run then I think that is what he will continue to do.

 

As you stated you only saw him in the you only saw him in the two games he lost last year. Well Lincoln was a better team with more athletes and yes they did some what contain him. Come down to the Correll Bowl and see how he does against Rockcastle, I think you will leave impressed by him.

Chris Muse is the real deal, he is very fast and hard to tackle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.