Suppose Abortion Was Made Illegal

What Should the Punishment for Abortion Be If It Were To Be Made Illegal?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Should the Punishment for Abortion Be If It Were To Be Made Illegal?

• Same as someone convicted of Murder
    • Same as someone convicted of Manslaughter
    • Misdemeanor/Fine
    • Other

Overturning R v Wade would not make abortions illegal in this country. It would give the right to the states to determine if it is criminal or not.

So, you might be able to stop at some other state along the way before you would have to get to Canada.

Would your home state be able to prosecute you for something you did in another?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you will get them in a form of protest.

Remember euthanisia was illegal and you got Dr. Kvorkhian (sp??) helping perform them. He went to jail for doing it, I believe.

Thats one isolated inccident...

From my view it is apples and oranges. When you rape, you rape a living breathing human being. When you have an abortion, you are only clearing a group of cell, or in later stages a fetus out of your body.

So an abortion does'nt remove a living being ? It may not be on the outside breathing oxygen but it is as much of a life as you and me. It sounds as if you classify abortion up there with any other normal bodily function. ( It's just removing waste from the body :creepy: ).

Exactly. Abortions are going to happen either way. Why not make them safe and accessible. We have needle exchange programs...isnt that just feeding the problem.

Rape will happen either way. Do you want to make them "safe and accessible"?

Apples and Oranges
You are right. Nobody dies during the commission of a rape and if they do, then the perpetrator is guilty of murder. Abortion should be a more serious crime than rape because abortion almost always results in death.

From my view it is apples and oranges. When you rape, you rape a living breathing human being. When you have an abortion, you are only clearing a group of cell, or in later stages a fetus out of your body.

With all due respect, you might want to refocus your intended specialty. No way would I allow an OB with your view of an unborn baby to touch me or any of my "group of cells."

I voted other. I suppose I should clarify. I believe it's murder. Same in the sight of God as if I shot thegooch between the eyes. (Not that I would, just an example) However, I believe that the punishment socially should be different. I don't think I would agree to 25 to life for a 17y.o. caught in the alley with a coathanger.

Exactly. Abortions are going to happen either way. Why not make them safe and accessible. We have needle exchange programs...isnt that just feeding the problem.

Do you believe the same number of abortions would occur if they were illegal as they do now when they are legal?

With all due respect, you might want to refocus your intended specialty. No way would I allow an OB with your view of an unborn baby to touch me or any of my "group of cells."

I find the process of embryo development fascinating, and the process of delivery. My views on abortion have nothing to do with my career choice.

I find the process of embryo development fascinating, and the process of delivery. My views on abortion have nothing to do with my career choice.

I think the point being made was that a mother would find it disconcerting that you do not view her baby as a baby but rather a collection of cells.

When you are in the office and talking to a patient, how will you refer to her unborn child?

My sister recently went to her doctor for a pre-natal check up and ultrasound. She is due in late January, six months from now so if my math is correct that means she is still in her first trimester. Already the heart is visible and beating, developing limbs can clealy be seen and while they are not 100% sure they are fairly certain it's a little girl.

How anyone can describe that a just a mass of cells and be perfectly OK with killing it is beyond me.