Suppose Abortion Was Made Illegal

What Should the Punishment for Abortion Be If It Were To Be Made Illegal?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Should the Punishment for Abortion Be If It Were To Be Made Illegal?

• Same as someone convicted of Murder
    • Same as someone convicted of Manslaughter
    • Misdemeanor/Fine
    • Other

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few fathers out there who actually do agree with the mother having an abortion. If you think the fathers are always against it, you're wrong. There are actually women who have abortions because the father of the baby tell them to do so.

I never said that their aren't any that are in agreement. I just know that numerous people that are pro-choice say that the father should have no say in the matter either way. I mean say I get a girl pregnant, and tell her she needs to have an abortion. How do I have any say in her decision?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fetal Homicide in the Second Degree for the abortionist (doctor); Class B Felony; 10-20 years in prison; permanent ban from practicing medicine.

Fetal Homicide in the Fourth Degree for the mother-who-don't-wannabe; Class D Felony; 1-5 years in prison; mandatory sterilization.

Fetal Homicide in the Third Degree for anyone who causes a mother to abort under duress; Class C Felony; 5-10 years in prison; castration if its the father.

Fetal Homicide in the Second Degree for the abortionist (doctor); Class B Felony; 10-20 years in prison; permanent ban from practicing medicine.

Fetal Homicide in the Fourth Degree for the mother-who-don't-wannabe; Class D Felony; 1-5 years in prison; mandatory sterilization.

I really really agree with the bolded....:thumb:

If abortion is made illegal why shouldn't those who choose to break the law and participate in this act be punished. Whether you want to admit it or not abortion is the murder of a living person. Why should the penalites be any less than they would be for the murder of any other person.

I may be mistaken but haven't drunk drivers who kill mothers w/ child been charged for the deaths of both. Seems a little inconsistent with how the defination of human life is applied to me.

Fetal Homicide in the Third Degree for anyone who causes a mother to abort under duress; Class C Felony; 5-10 years in prison; castration if its the father.

That sounds reasonable to me.

If abortion is made illegal why shouldn't those who choose to break the law and participate in this act be punished. Whether you want to admit it or not abortion is the murder of a living person. Why should the penalites be any less than they would be for the murder of any other person.

I may be mistaken but haven't drunk drivers who kill mothers w/ child been charged for the deaths of both. Seems a little inconsistent with how the defination of human life is applied to me.

Good Post strike-3. :thumb:

I think the fact that not everyone agrees with the quote" abortion is the murder of a living person" is exactly why you will never get the public to go along with similar sentencing for females who have the procedure.

I think the fact that not everyone agrees with the quote" abortion is the murder of a living person" is exactly why you will never get the public to go along with similar sentencing for females who have the procedure.

But if abortion were to be made illegal then it would be considered murder.

If everyone needs to agree to get something done or for a law to be instituted, then we'd be living in an anarchy. We'll never have everyone agree on anything.

If everyone needs to agree to get something done or for a law to be instituted, then we'd be living in an anarchy. We'll never have everyone agree on anything.

No argument. However, I would say that if you put it to a vote, a)abortion would stay legal and b)if not, the majority would not equate it to murder (right or wrong).

Would it? Why?

Because when the act of killing a person is intentional and willful, it's murder. Manslaughter is a crime of either accidental killing or killing while under extreme emotional disturbance. If abortion were to be declared a crime, it couldn't be considered accidental.

Also interesting, the laws prohibiting fetal homicide in Kentucky as currently on the books, exempt any action taken by the mother. They are currently immune as the law is written.

No argument. However, I would say that if you put it to a vote, a)abortion would stay legal and b)if not, the majority would not equate it to murder (right or wrong).

Most people I know would say abortion is murder and it would become illegal. Of course I live in a very conservative, fairly religious area so that may not be indicative of the rest of the country.

Most people I know would say abortion is murder and it would become illegal. Of course I live in a very conservative, fairly religious area so that may not be indicitive of the rest of the country.

Well, I would say your world (which is similar to mine) is not indicative of how the entire country feels.

This latest poll that I found would indicate that your community (and mine) is in the minority.

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

Because when the act of killing a person is intentional and willful, it's murder. Manslaughter is a crime of either accidental killing or killing while under extreme emotional disturbance. If abortion were to be declared a crime, it couldn't be considered accidental.

However, would it be equated to killing in the traditional sense by the majority of the country?