What your pet really costs you

HHSDad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just last week I took my 2 pound-dogs to the vet for a check-up. Well they both had all of their shots, worm pills, blood work for heart worms, heart worm pills, and I told the vet that the male dog looks to have some kinda hip problem. x-rays where done to find my dog he has hip-displaycia. I was given some pills for that and we was done. As I left I ask for my bill, she told me 411. I said $4.11 (joking) and she said no $411.00. My wife said don't make a :argue: just pay them. Don't get me wrong I love my dogs, but in these days of time, this is money that needs to be spent somewhere else instead of my dogs. I should have asked what every charge is, I guess.

That's an awful lot of candy isn't it Rebel???:D:sssh::D

Our dog is even more expensive. He is on steriods because he went paralyzed a few years ago and we have to give him the roids to keep his strength to be able to walk.

I try not to think of the cost because it bothers me that we could be spending that money on something else.

We have a fence around the yard and use the fence posts as headstones for each pet.

Of course, some pets have "run away" instead of dying.:sssh:;)

My family hasn't owned many pets (a few of us are allergic) so we haven't buried to many but when we do we get a shovel, walk up a mountain a little ways & dig.

I work at a funeral home & we have buried 2 or 3 dogs in my bosses (the owner of the joint) yard. We actually used an excavator (digger) to dig the hole (didn't have to) just because that's the business we are in...:D

My Chocolate Lab is one of my best friends. She is only 3 years old and has a torn ACL which requires anti-inflammatory medication and may need surgery down the road. She is not experiencing any pain, just not as fast as she used to be (she can still out-run me). She is such a great dog, every penny spent on her is worth it.

The estimates look low, IMO. I have five dogs, two small ones, two smaller ones, and one medium-large one. The extra cost of utilities caused by much more frequent door openings has got to be factored in. If you rent your home, then pet deposits can run into a lot of money, as can property damage. Then, there is the extra inconvenience and cost of travelling with pets (or boarding them). Many hotels/motels do not allow dogs, which makes traveling with them a pain.