Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Beechwood Practicing?

Featured Replies

This was in Ryan Ernst's blog:

 

LINK

 

Aren't we still in the dead period?

  • Author

Guess I don't know how to post a link.

Right click on the link/Copy & Paste.

Dead period Ended yesterday.

 

Many schools aren't starting until Monday, giving the kids, families and coaches an extra few days off.

  • Author
Dead period Ended yesterday.

 

Many schools aren't starting until Monday, giving the kids, families and coaches an extra few days off.

 

Didn't realize that. I thought it ended next week.

The dead period ended at midnight on July 9th.

I read the article and found this interesting:

 

Classmate Neico Teipel said he had an offer from Indiana, which was then given to another player. (Welcome to Division I recruiting kid.) Teipel, who has played running back and defensive back in high school, said college coaches like him as a linebacker. He'll play outside linebacker for the Tigers this season.

 

=======================

 

If I read that correctly IU is already out of scholarships at Teipel's position(s) so they pulled their offer?

Good hard nosed kid, I think they screwed up.

How dare they pull his scholarship!!! :walk:

I read the article and found this interesting:

 

Classmate Neico Teipel said he had an offer from Indiana, which was then given to another player. (Welcome to Division I recruiting kid.) Teipel, who has played running back and defensive back in high school, said college coaches like him as a linebacker. He'll play outside linebacker for the Tigers this season.

 

=======================

 

If I read that correctly IU is already out of scholarships at Teipel's position(s) so they pulled their offer?

 

Nice player but I'm not sure he is ready for the Big 10, JMO. Still I don't like the way colleges pull these offers after making them.

This makes me think that bigger things are in store for Teipel if IU has already made an offer and pulled, so if I were him, think of it as one less school to choose from. The same goes for Mainello's offer from CMU. If these two play well and demonstrate consistent technique they'll be going to good college programs. Any insiders know how they are in class? I'm curious to know their academic side.

It is awfully early to be pulling a scholarship????

This makes me think that bigger things are in store for Teipel if IU has already made an offer and pulled, so if I were him, think of it as one less school to choose from. The same goes for Mainello's offer from CMU. If these two play well and demonstrate consistent technique they'll be going to good college programs. Any insiders know how they are in class? I'm curious to know their academic side.

 

They are both exceptional in regard to academics (then again .. most Beechwood kids are). Both are very intelligent ... and have a tough workload academically.

quickslick,

 

What do you think about the pulled scholarship? Does that sound right to you? In other words, I can see this kind of thing happening late in the recruiting process when a school only has a couple of scholarships to go but not several months before the fact.

  • Author
quickslick,

 

What do you think about the pulled scholarship? Does that sound right to you? In other words, I can see this kind of thing happening late in the recruiting process when a school only has a couple of scholarships to go but not several months before the fact.

 

OR....

 

Was he never offered?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.