Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Eye in MLB

Featured Replies

We see the advent of the "K Zone" and the replays, for did the Umpire get it right or wrong. Often times, not enough credit is given to the batter, for having a equal or even better eye.

 

Who do you think, has the best eye in judging the strike zone, in the game today?

 

My pick is an American League player and I'll include his name later.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
J.D. Drew has a very good eye, as does young B.J. Upton.
....:thumb: Well, that didn't take long. I agree with you and always thought, he had a great eye even in his early years.

 

Chipper Jones, would get my nod in the NL.

I have always admired Ichiro sometimes being 2 steps out of the box and getting a hit.

  • Author

I can remember the day, when 92-94±mph was almost always a K and now, you see hitters taking pitches 2" off the plate or down/in, up/in. My how the game has changed and the hitters learning the strike zone better.

Jeter also has a pretty good eye at the plate and another imo may be Sean Casey, he can flat out hit the baseball and has good eye. (just don't ask the Mayor to run in any race :D)

 

 

I have always been amazed at the pitches that these professional hitters can and will take. They look too good to me. I guess that's only one reason why they are where they are at and I am sitting here typing on this keyboard. (lol)

Chipper Jones, would get my nod in the NL.

 

He would be my vote. I read an article in SI a little while back, and his vision is unreal.

Yeah Chipper has always had great vision at the plate...That's why I blame him getting hit in the eye for his BA falling below .400

Chipper

Ichiro

Paul Lo Duca

Barry Bonds (and steroids did not help that.) last year

Pujols

 

Molina for the Cards has the lowest Strike out rate in the majors. He strikes out only once out of every 21/22 at bats.

Pujols

 

Molina for the Cards has the lowest Strike out rate in the majors. He strikes out only once out of every 21/22 at bats.

 

He also only has 23 walks. That means he puts almost everything in play, not the same as having a great eye.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.