Best Eye in MLB

We see the advent of the "K Zone" and the replays, for did the Umpire get it right or wrong. Often times, not enough credit is given to the batter, for having a equal or even better eye.

Who do you think, has the best eye in judging the strike zone, in the game today?

My pick is an American League player and I'll include his name later.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J.D. Drew has a very good eye, as does young B.J. Upton.
....:thumb: Well, that didn't take long. I agree with you and always thought, he had a great eye even in his early years.

Chipper Jones, would get my nod in the NL.

I can remember the day, when 92-94±mph was almost always a K and now, you see hitters taking pitches 2" off the plate or down/in, up/in. My how the game has changed and the hitters learning the strike zone better.

Jeter also has a pretty good eye at the plate and another imo may be Sean Casey, he can flat out hit the baseball and has good eye. (just don't ask the Mayor to run in any race :D)

I have always been amazed at the pitches that these professional hitters can and will take. They look too good to me. I guess that's only one reason why they are where they are at and I am sitting here typing on this keyboard. (lol)