Who is Brian Wilson and Why Is He an All-Star?

Clyde

Did this guy make it simply because he leads the league in saves? Despite his 4.37 ERA and above aveage WHIP?

Note: Of his 24 saves, only 10 times did he enter the game when it was a one-run game.

I would think Brandon Lyon or CoCo Cordero would have earned it before Wilson.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is why is Jason Varitek an All-Star? He's hitting .217!! I'm as big a fan of the Captain as you're going to find, but there is no way he should be on the team.

I'm pretty sure I heard that Varitek was voted in by the players.

If you are going to have the game mean something you need to have to best players on the field.

Agreed. If you're a big NL guy, you vote for the AL scrubs to make the All-Star team.

My question is why is Jason Varitek an All-Star? He's hitting .217!! I'm as big a fan of the Captain as you're going to find, but there is no way he should be on the team.

I'm pretty sure I heard that Varitek was voted in by the players.

Varitek was voted in by the players.

Didn't say it wasn't, just that it wasn't a fans or managers pick.

I realize that the AL really didn't have a lot of quality catchers to chose from, but you would have thought that Pierzynski or I-Rod would have gotten more votes from the players than Varitek did.

I think Varitek's selection shows just how much Pierzynski is hated by his peers.

I would say that's a good possibility. I wouldn't think I-Rod would be that unpopular though.