Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Few Thoughts From The Take 5ive

Featured Replies

I spent most of my time watching the 15s and 16s today, but I did take in some 17s action here and there. Worked out pretty well because most if the talent at the event this year is at the younger levels.

 

Got my first looks at 2010 #3 Jared Sullinger, and came away VERY impressed. In the two games I watched he dominated the paint on both ends and scored at will with great footwork and touch. He's not going to wow you with athleticism, but he can flat out play the game.

 

2010 #14 Adreian Payne was a little off his game, but he's got great length and is at least 6'9". With him in the post with Sullinger on All Ohio Red, it's easy to see why they are considered the top U16 in the nation this year.

 

Two other guys on All Ohio Red were impressive as well. 2010 #65 Jordan Sibert got off to a slow start in game 1, but from there really turned it on the rest of the day. He's got very good athleticism and showed a great touch on his jumper. I'm also a sucker for guards that show plus effort on D at the AAU level, and he certainly did that today.

 

The player on that team that surprised me most on the day was 6'6" F James Weatherspoon. He's a bit undersized for a PF, but the kid busted his tail every second he was on the floor. He was the youngest kid on the roster at 15, and if he can grow another inch or two he's a real nice high major prospect.

 

In between the two All Ohio games I took in, I went over to the Rec Center to catch a U15 game between OBC and the Georgia Netburners. I was there to watch local Cincy sensation Chane Behanon and while he looked good I was really impressed with Netburners G Dai-Jon Parker. At around 6'3" he played some on and off the ball and was very fluid at both positions. He had high major written all over him.

 

Some quick hitters on what I did get to catch from the 17s.

 

Favors is a beast. Nothing new there.

 

Golden was less than impressive today. He wasn't attacking the rim like he did last year, and as a jump shooter, he's simply not an elite prospect. Talked to a high major assistant about him after the game I watched and the guy was not impressed either.

 

Christian Wattford also played in that game, and he looks like a very talented kid that will need some work once he gets to the next level. Strength is an issue, and he needs to add at least 20 pounds. Great athlete, though, and in time he'll be a good one.

 

Caught a few minutes of Domonique Ferguson and John Hood as I watched a blowout on the middle court while they were playing on either side. Ferguson is a huge get for UK. Very fluid on and off the ball, and plays a very versatile game. I think Hood is a guy who will give some minutes off the bench for a year or two before growing in to a starting role later in his career. Smooth jumper and solid all around game.

 

Any questions, just ask...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Did you have to pay to get in?

I get a media pass...

Seriously, what position do you think Ferguson and Hood project at when they get to UK?

  • Author
Seriously, what position do you think Ferguson and Hood project at when they get to UK?

Both can move positions, so it will depend on the roster. Ferguson can play the 3 or 4 and Hood can play the 2 or 3...

Isn't there or wasn't there a Sullinger at OSU?

  • Author
Isn't there or wasn't there a Sullinger at OSU?

J.J. Sullinger. Brothers...

Any word on why Golden has backed out of his commitment to OSU. Do you feel that his stock has slipped?

  • Author
Any word on why Golden has backed out of his commitment to OSU. Do you feel that his stock has slipped?

Not sure who pulled the plug, but his game has clearly not trended up in the last year from what I saw and was told today. He was physically mature at a young age, and now that he's playing up with the big boys he looks pretty average...

Sometimes you have to be careful with a very young kid who is so physically mature that his dominance is not simply a function of maturity vs actual skill. I could see this being a question about Golden.

Do you see Hood more of a Cameron Mills or Jeff Shepherd? If he becomes as good as either.

  • Author
Do you see Hood more of a Cameron Mills or Jeff Shepherd? If he becomes as good as either.

I was watching three games at the time, so I don't have that good of a feel for him yet. From what I saw he plays under control with good athleticism and very nice form on his jumper. If I had to guess I'd say Shepherd...

  • Author
Sometimes you have to be careful with a very young kid who is so physically mature that his dominance is not simply a function of maturity vs actual skill. I could see this being a question about Golden.

I think you can also put Euton in that category. Saw a little over half of one of his games today, and he's just not getting better IMO...

Can we get a report on Crean's chest hair?

 

I heard it was pretty impressive, lol.

  • Author
Can we get a report on Crean's chest hair?

 

I heard it was pretty impressive, lol.

Didn't see him today. I'm guessing he spent a lot of time watching the 17s...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.