Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Few Thoughts From The Take 5ive

Featured Replies

UK sophomore recruit needs work

It Takes 5ive Classic

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/454146.html

Based on his opening game Sunday, Ferguson's got a lot of work to do. He took a spill when undercut on a fast break. He banged his backside on the court at the University of Cincinnati's Fifth Third Arena. He spent the rest of the game on his belly in front of his bench.

 

Injuries have played a big part in Ferguson's career and made him have to prove himself at the tournament. As an eighth-grader, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Three months later, he tore the patellar tendon that doctors had used a piece of to repair the ACL. The double-whammy sidelined him for about 12 months.

 

”It was good for me,“ he said. ”It taught me that if I don't take it seriously, basketball can be over for me at any time. Now I always play my hardest.“

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
UK sophomore recruit needs work

It Takes 5ive Classic

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/454146.html

Based on his opening game Sunday, Ferguson's got a lot of work to do. He took a spill when undercut on a fast break. He banged his backside on the court at the University of Cincinnati's Fifth Third Arena. He spent the rest of the game on his belly in front of his bench.

 

Injuries have played a big part in Ferguson's career and made him have to prove himself at the tournament. As an eighth-grader, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Three months later, he tore the patellar tendon that doctors had used a piece of to repair the ACL. The double-whammy sidelined him for about 12 months.

 

”It was good for me,“ he said. ”It taught me that if I don't take it seriously, basketball can be over for me at any time. Now I always play my hardest.“

"Sophomore needs work"

 

"Rain is wet"

 

"The sky is blue"

 

Tipton is seriously clueless in his attempts to cover recruiting.

 

Also, while a close game and a major upset, that Celtics/Force game was a poorly played contest for the most part. Sure it was close at the end, but it requirted an awful performance by all but Favors for the Celtics to get there...

I think you can also put Euton in that category. Saw a little over half of one of his games today, and he's just not getting better IMO...

 

Could be right on that one. However, 6'8 is different than 6'1 in many coaches' minds.

Have heard that UK is one of the top schools for the #1 ranked big man in the 2010 class...Josh Smith, who is playing for the Seattle team at the Take Five.

Also, UK, UT, and Florida are hard after Jordan McRae from the Atlantic Celtics who has had a monster scoring output at the Take 5.

Have heard that UK is one of the top schools for the #1 ranked big man in the 2010 class...Josh Smith, who is playing for the Seattle team at the Take Five.

Also, UK, UT, and Florida are hard after Jordan McRae from the Atlantic Celtics who has had a monster scoring output at the Take 5.

 

I read somewhere today that its going to be tough to get Smith off the West Coast.

I read somewhere today that its going to be tough to get Smith off the West Coast.

 

It sounds like Seattle Rotary standout junior Josh Smith, considered one of the top Class of 2010 prospects in the nation, will be hard to get off the West Coast. But the 6-foot-9 Smith, who is a monster near the basket, said he is high on Louisville and Kentucky.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

I read somewhere today that its going to be tough to get Smith off the West Coast.

 

Possibly so...could be telling certain writers one thing and then another something else.

Better to be mentioned prominently than not at all.

Alos, mentions Duke quite a bit...but I wonder how much this Olympic experience will affect Duke recruiting, because it has begun to tail off some.

GT,

Have you seen any of the Ky teams much, besides Euton's team? I was wondering if some of the Ky kids had caught your eye.

 

Also, is Zollo playing or still injured?

GT,

Have you seen any of the Ky teams much, besides Euton's team? I was wondering if some of the Ky kids had caught your eye.

 

Also, is Zollo playing or still injured?

 

He broke his leg so I'm guessing he's still injured. Can't remember the details, but it seems like it'd be way too early for him to bounce back from that.

He broke his leg so I'm guessing he's still injured. Can't remember the details, but it seems like it'd be way too early for him to bounce back from that.

 

Yeah I was trying to think, I guess it probably only happened what a month ago. It would be too early for him to be playing.

  • Author

When Josh Smith was asked for a list by a colleague of mine today, he rattled off the top 10 programs in the country. Duke, UNC, UK, UCLA, Kansas and so on. Kid is an absolute monster, and I'm taking back my claim a few days ago that Tristan Thompson was better. Smith was attacking the rim with serious force today, and that included taking it right at Favors over and over again.

 

He's a LONG way from making a decision...

  • Author
GT,

Have you seen any of the Ky teams much, besides Euton's team? I was wondering if some of the Ky kids had caught your eye.

 

Also, is Zollo playing or still injured?

 

I have not seen many of the KY teams this week with so much of my time spent following kids UC is after. I did hear a few coaches talking about Gwyn, Pittman and Ricardo Johnson but reviews were mixed.

 

I was told Zollo is out of the boot, and should be cleared to play again in the next few weeks FWIW...

It sounds like Seattle Rotary standout junior Josh Smith, considered one of the top Class of 2010 prospects in the nation, will be hard to get off the West Coast. But the 6-foot-9 Smith, who is a monster near the basket, said he is high on Louisville and Kentucky.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

 

Everything I have read says he is going to be hard to get out east. His dad is handling his recruiting, so.... who knows.

 

UofL has a little edge, if he does come east. He is friends with T-Will and a teammate of Peyton Siva (09 UofL commit).

 

I would say he ends up at Washington.

  • Author

Siva had a NASTY jam over one of the backup bigs for the ATL Celtics. He was really impressive overall...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.