Star Wars Question

MJAlltheWay24

This probably won't be to tough of a question at all for you Star Wars buffs out there, but...

In the third movie of the original trilogy (VI Return of the Jedi) a tribe of characters were introduced, the Ewoks. I remember growing up watching a movie that was based about them where a little girl and I believe her older brother get lost when their ship crashes. The Ewoks help her find them find their parents who were captured by some crazy monster. And for some reason I remember something about a really bright light...like a fairy or something.

Anyone have any idea what the name of this was?

I just looked on Amazon and found there there were at least two I guess.

Caravan of Courage (The Ewok Adventure) and the Battle of Endor. They came together.

I would think about buying it, but they wanted close to 50 dollars. I guess cause they made so few?

I just looked on Amazon and found there there were at least two I guess.

Caravan of Courage (The Ewok Adventure) and the Battle of Endor. They came together.

I would think about buying it, but they wanted close to 50 dollars. I guess cause they made so few?

Yeah, the Ewoks were a tough sell to die-hard Star Wars fans. That silly musical celebration at the end of Jedi was the downfall of the franchise, IMO.

I may be one of the very few that have not seen any of the Star Wars movies or any of the spin off movies from it or in the same category.

I am just not interested in that kind of stuff at all, never have been.

Thats a shame OR!

Rockmom apparently hasn't seen any of them, either. I take it then, OR, that you were not a reader of science fiction when you were younger? No Robert Heinlen, Poule Anderson, et. al.?

Speaking for myself, I was a voracious reader of Robert Heinlen, Frank Herbert, Robert Silverberg, Ursula K. LeGuin, Arthur C. Clarke, Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle, Isaac Asimov, etc. etc. etc.

As well as fantasy (as opposed to traditional sci-fi) - Tolkein, Jordan, LeGuin (again), Stephen Donaldson, Anne McCaffrey, etc.

Speaking for myself, I was a voracious reader of Robert Heinlen, Frank Herbert, Robert Silverberg, Ursula K. LeGuin, Arthur C. Clarke, Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle, Isaac Asimov, etc. etc. etc.

As well as fantasy (as opposed to traditional sci-fi) - Tolkein, Jordan, LeGuin (again), Stephen Donaldson, Anne McCaffrey, etc.

See, that's just it. Star Wars, for everyone I've ever talked to, was what brought all of those books into stark reality, was a movie that finally met the expectations of what a space drama was supposed to look like, as opposed to the drek you saw in Star Trek, Buck Rodgers, Battlestar Galactica, et. al. Most sci-fi readers I know are Star Wars junkies.

See, that's just it. Star Wars, for everyone I've ever talked to, was what brought all of those books into stark reality, was a movie that finally met the expectations of what a space drama was supposed to look like, as opposed to the drek you saw in Star Trek, Buck Rodgers, Battlestar Galactica, et. al. Most sci-fi readers I know are Star Wars junkies.

I agree, Star Wars allowed people to stretch their imagination about mysteries among space. The original movies had the best graphics seen at the time. Imo Star Wars is easily the best SciFi movie we have seen yet.

I was a Star Wars junkie at one time.

That hits the nail on the head. I remember taking a film literature class in the mid-to-late 70s. The first thing the prof asked on the first night of class was for everyone to list their 5 favorite movies. I can't remember all of mine, but I distinctly remember listing "Witness for the Prosecution", "Jaws" and "Star Wars". When I was specifically asked why I had Star Wars on the list, I said essentially the same thing; that I was a fan of science fiction and that Star Wars was the first movie that really portrayed on screen what science fiction should look like.

Yeah, the Ewoks were a tough sell to die-hard Star Wars fans. That silly musical celebration at the end of Jedi was the downfall of the franchise, IMO.

The Ewoks were "cute" for the kids, but not exactly what we were looking for as loyal fans :thumb: