July 1, 200818 yr Just the men. The women's isn't changing IIRC. How will this affect smaller D-2 schools where the men and women usually play on the same courts?
July 1, 200818 yr How will this affect smaller D-2 schools where the men and women usually play on the same courts? I don't know much (anything) about painting basketball courts, but I don't imagine the cost of adding two lines will be all that great. Lots of courts already have the College line and the NBA or International line. I guess it could get confusing if you try to have all 4.
July 1, 200818 yr How will this affect smaller D-2 schools where the men and women usually play on the same courts? At UT-Martin they had both three point lines on the floor.
July 1, 200818 yr One foot does not seem like much, but for a rythem shooter, it will affect the stroke signifigantly.
July 1, 200818 yr That's where you are way off base. At 19'9" the mid range shot is an afterthought because 99% don't attempt to work on it at all. It's highly unlikely that changes at 20'9"... :thumb: Work on free throws. short jumpers and lay-ups. The range comes with practice and age.
July 24, 200818 yr As for the college game, I may be wrong but am not sure that one foot will make that much of a difference. Most players that are the 3pt. shooters in college can nail that shot well beyond the line. Exactly. A coach told me about the change but said that it shouldn't affect the college game much at all when 3 or 4 feet beyond 19'9" is a shot for them.
July 26, 200818 yr I'm glad to see the 3-point line move back in college. I don't think we will see this change in high school anytime soon. There should be a difference between high school, college and the pro's with each level being farther than the previous.
July 27, 200818 yr It was time to move the line back. I'd even like to go ahead and move the high school line back as well, though I doubt that will happen anytime soon due to costs. It will be interesting to see how this change impacts the game.
July 28, 200818 yr Im glad they moved it back, I hope they move it back for the high school kids for the 2009-10 season.
July 28, 200818 yr I think it's a good move for the college game. I hope high school stays the same. I wish someone would propose that there is no 3 point line until grade 9. From birth through grade 8, playing with only 2 point shots (like the old days) would help kids learn to work the ball closer to the basket and also prevent the "chuck it from the hip" jumpers we see in upward and middle school. I agree, went to watch a 7th and 8th grade team practice and I couldnt tell if they were that weak or the ball was that heavy still.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.