June 26, 200818 yr He's got potential, but his mechanics need work or he'll end up just like Dontrelle Willis. He throws across his body leading to the inability to throw strikes on a regular basis. Also makes him injury prone. His mechanics are nowhere nearly as poor Willis'. And just about every lefty throws across their body.
June 26, 200818 yr His mechanics are nowhere nearly as poor Willis'. And just about every lefty throws across their body. Not the good ones.
June 26, 200818 yr Author Not the good ones. Isn't there a 6'10 lefty who will go into the HOF in 5 or 6 years that throws across his body?
June 26, 200818 yr Isn't there a 6'10 lefty who will go into the HOF in 5 or 6 years that throws across his body? His mechanics are a lot better that Millers
June 26, 200818 yr I'd understand either decision in this hypothetical and wouldn't criticize either one...not sure you could make a wrong move in a situation like this.
June 26, 200818 yr 34 homers with under 70 RBI's. He's a leadoff hitter, the RBIs aren't exactly his fault. He hit over .300 last season with RISP.
June 26, 200818 yr He's a leadoff hitter, the RBIs aren't exactly his fault. He hit over .300 last season with RISP. I was wondering if the low RBI's didn't have something to do with his position in the lineup...
June 26, 200818 yr He's a leadoff hitter, the RBIs aren't exactly his fault. He hit over .300 last season with RISP. I thought they had him batting 3rd. Or am I thinking of someone else?
June 26, 200818 yr I was wondering if the low RBI's didn't have something to do with his position in the lineup... I thought they had him batting 3rd. Or am I thinking of someone else? For his career he's started the game batting: 1st 300 times (including 60 this season) 2nd 17 times 3rd 55 times 6th 1 time 7th 7 times
June 26, 200818 yr He's a leadoff hitter, the RBIs aren't exactly his fault. He hit over .300 last season with RISP. I realize that, but when the Marlins dropped him lower in the lineup earlier in the year he struggled a bit, and they moved him back to the top.
June 26, 200818 yr No, why would the Reds take a player with a high salary, when they can keep Bruce (Who many believe will be a Hall of Famer) at a very low salary for the next few years. Wow, not even been in the major leagues a half a season and is already being nominated for the Hall?
June 26, 200818 yr Author I realize that, but when the Marlins dropped him lower in the lineup earlier in the year he struggled a bit, and they moved him back to the top. Wouldn't he then also help the Reds with their leadoff problem?
June 26, 200818 yr For his career he's started the game batting: 1st 300 times (including 60 this season) 2nd 17 times 3rd 55 times 6th 1 time 7th 7 times :thumb: Thanks.
June 27, 200818 yr Wow, not even been in the major leagues a half a season and is already being nominated for the Hall? Perhaps you should try reading my post a little slower this time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.